You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Galactico

Well to me its not a rumour per se- (To you it would be because you don't know me) I know the guy who spoke to Parry so Parry DID say what I've written. Just depends whether you think Parry would know to begin with?

How could Parry possible know anything about whats going on behind the scenes at the club? He has nothing to do with the club anymore.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see.

It looks to me, that press conference was just a shameless commercial for the sale of our club.

Look at our new (and improved!?) manager, new meek version, no trouble from this one. Look at our chairman, make your offers to this guy, he's a "real" business man, he won't reject your sensible offers, unlike those Americans who by the way "No longer have any input into the sale process" and also "can't block any sale", even though they own the club. Really. Honest. Don't Delay, make your bids today! This offer won't last forever! We're already expecting bids mid July and the club will probably be sold before the end of August! Act fast! Get your new club today!

Ok. Maybe it worked?

How could Parry possible know anything about whats going on behind the scenes at the club? He has nothing to do with the club anymore.

Well, thats my take on it too. But it wouldn't be hard to imagine he might still be in contact with somebody at LFC- Sammy? Kenny?

Ok. Maybe it worked?

Hopefully.

We'll see.

It looks to me, that press conference was just a shameless commercial for the sale of our club.

Look at our new (and improved!?) manager, new meek version, no trouble from this one. Look at our chairman, make your offers to this guy, he's a "real" business man, he won't reject your sensible offers, unlike those Americans who by the way "No longer have any input into the sale process" and also "can't block any sale", even though they own the club. Really. Honest. Don't Delay, make your bids today! This offer won't last forever! We're already expecting bids mid July and the club will probably be sold before the end of August! Act fast! Get your new club today!

That's not a bad call at all actually. My jangling nerves about the whole thing make me not believe a word of anything, but what you've written is credible.

That's not a bad call at all actually. My jangling nerves about the whole thing make me not believe a word of anything, but what you've written is credible.

Actually, it is not. Broughton, and to a lesser degree, Purslow, have a reputation in the City to think of and they would not try this barrow boy tactic

He told us at the start it would not be done through the media and thank god it has not.

The silence has been pleasant and I cannot for the life of me see what he has to gain by telling us that there are interested parties, if no one is interested.

Hard as it is, sit tight and cool the jets, all will be revealed in the next couple of months, if not before.

I am led to believe RP was not at the BBC last Wednesday, is no longer close enough to what's going on to know any specifics and did not say what is attributed to him in this thread.

You're the second person to say this without giving me any explanation as to why I should believe you as oppose to somebody I know and trust.

Call me a cynic, but its almost as if somebody only wants the "positive" rumours passed around.

You're the second person to say this without giving me any explanation as to why I should believe you as oppose to somebody I know and trust.

Call me a cynic, but its almost as if somebody only wants the "positive" rumours passed around.

A very fair comment but, unfortunately, I would give away some confidence if I told you how I know. In your shoes I would believe your mate rather than me. But I am right

@OK - yes, that's what he did here. Players weren't necessarily "sold off" as much has he decreased the payroll so much they couldn't sign anyone. They simply let the players go to teams willing to pay them. Sometimes players were traded for minor league prospects.

The entire time he did this he kept talking about how the teams were "losing money". The Rangers are a top 5 media market with a bottom 5 payroll.

The Rangers are predominantly a young team full of cheap former minor leaguers who are just realizing their talent. They will eventually want to be paid, and probably do so with another team.

The Stars have been gutted of their talent and are going to be bottom dwellers for a very long time as a result.

You can protest all you want, but the only real way to increase the pressure is to hit Hicks in the wallet (i.e. - stop going to the games). That really is the only language he speaks.

I personally had Ranger season tickets for 10 years, and gave them up a few years ago. I figured if the owner didn't give a damn about the team, neither did I.

- A Texas Rangers fan.

Can't reveal my source but somethings in the wind my friends - from the east and the wind blows and it smells sweet. Things are happening. Watch this space. In 2 weeks things will be clearer.

Edited by Mathewbet1