You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Galactico

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you could had he not just stated in the same interview that there were "several interested parties".

interested parties. i like it. does that include me? i'd love to own liverpool - i'm working a bit of overtime today, so hopefully that can get me a bit closer to an "acceptable price". do you think i've missed that mid-july-ish deadline?

there's no point discussing this really, as you obviously think broughton is a man of honour - where as i just think he's another boardroom shithouse who's in it for what he can get out.

Having conducted 100's of tender processes you usually have a declared timetable but you know that with limited buyers you have to give yourself 'wiggle room.'

IMO, setting this up as an 'auction process' is the last throw of the dice before the bank steps in (speculation). The intention is to create the maximum negotiation leverage. This gives the owners no wayout with the bank.

The conditions for sale will not improve that much over the coming years. The financial restrictions being introduced by FIFA in a couple fo years time mean that the leveraged buy-out model is no longer attractive for buying LFC.

The hope rests with a buyer who has the money to write down the debt and invest heavily in players now (like manc city are doing) before the effective cap kicks in. LFC is attractive post the cap because of its worldwide 'brand' meaning (assuming no crippling interest payments) we would have a healthy profit ratio to keep investing in new players.

Finnally, prosepctive buyers will have insisted on a two way confidentiality clause so there has to be a 'wall of silence' from the seller. Otherwise can jeopordise the sale. The buyers will not want public disclosure of the process at any milestone as this can have an influence on the process. This has to be respected more particularly when you are dealing with buyers from various cultures (all have their own ' norms of behaviour').

So don't expect any updates until the process is finished. But silence doesn't mean everything is proceeeding either. So we will be in limbo for a while yet.

Broughton spoke of a process which involved a first round process.

He has already stated that it would be done within the walls of the board-room and not in the media spotlight.

People moan when we do business in public then moan when they don't hear anything.

yes. i believe nobody is at the table at an "acceptable price". i dare say loads have gone "I'm interested, how much? see ya."

The acceptable price is of course a point of negotiation. For there to be any negotiations, there will imo have to be somebody at the table in the first place.

I thought you meant no-one was interested at all, which struck me as odd.

When Broughton is next interviewed I am sure the goal posts will be moved, and the hope will be the sale to be done by Xmas. Also the Rag is saying Hicks was in London talking to investors and that investment is near. Does this mean the cunts are not selling now and are looking for investors for a smaller stake.

The Rag says this.

Liverpool insist they are close to securing new financial backing.

The club's American co-owner Tom Hicks is understood to have been in London last week for a series of meetings with potential investors.

No, he never said a deal WOULD be done by August. That's a big difference between what you claim and what he actually said.

He was specific about not being tied down to the end of August.

Even with his first round bits he said "middle of July ish". Again rooom for movement as you would expect anyone to say on such a complicated process.

Whilst the process is structured it is clear from what he actually said that there is freedom of movement both in the first round bid stage "deadline" and more importantly the final decision.

That needs to be crytstal clear so the doom mongers don't scream and shout come the end of August "we're not sold it's all a big lie, they've no intention of selling us, we're doomed".

I admire you taking on the role of chief doom dissipater; my point was simply coming away from that press conference it would be reasonable to believe there was an "auction timetable". Which there clearly is. Yes, the best laid plans and all that.

I admire you taking on the role of chief doom dissipater; my point was simply coming away from that press conference it would be reasonable to believe there was an "auction timetable". Which there clearly is. Yes, the best laid plans and all that.

Hopeful timetable - Yes.

Auction timetable - no. Can't agree with that at all. And I do normally agree with most of whay you post.

When Broughton is next interviewed I am sure the goal posts will be moved, and the hope will be the sale to be done by Xmas. Also the Rag is saying Hicks was in London talking to investors and that investment is near. Does this mean the cunts are not selling now and are looking for investors for a smaller stake.

The Rag says this.

Liverpool insist they are close to securing new financial backing.

The club's American co-owner Tom Hicks is understood to have been in London last week for a series of meetings with potential investors.

I think it is definitely the whole club mate but that is just based on what has been said previously.

Look at his exit from the Rangers for an example of how Hicks treats people who have lent him money. Creditors have far less pull than most seem to think.

Especially when you are mortgaged up to the hilt, just like we are.

I doubt the banks will do anything, they are getting paid a good rate of interest and making money, that is what they do.

They would only start to worry if we were missing payments, which we are not.

Especially when you are mortgaged up to the hilt, just like we are.

I doubt the banks will do anything, they are getting paid a good rate of interest and making money, that is what they do.

They would only start to worry if we were missing payments, which we are not.

Not true - the banks start worrying before they agree to lend any sum of money to any customer. They have departments dedicated to assessing risks - they don't always get it right - but they look closely at likely scenario's and construct contracts based on the Risk advice.

It doesn't end there either - with every bit of bad publicity an missed payment on any other asset owned by the "customer" they will look at how this effects their own risk and try to mitigate the risk that arises. To suggest they just sit back and take the interest payment on the loan without taking outside events into consideration is just not right.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
No need to give specifics but what is the problem in annoucing that we have had several bids by the mid-July deadline and they are being considered.

That gives everyone confidence and maybe any wavering players a boost too.

Doesn't have to go beyond that.

Whilst I'd love for that to happen, it's unlikely that details - including acknowledgment of its existence - would be talked about at a stage where bids are still being considered. That would be a very poor show from Broughton and his team.

The bit about Tom Hicks(if true) being in London is interesting. Could mean a number of things.

He's buying a specially made extra large pig trough for his grub. One of a kind.