You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest simon

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Inter and Rafa are more important to you than Liverpool, is that what you are saying?

if not I have no idea why anyone would want to have a logo of a corrupt club run by a corrupt bastard as their avatar.

Did you ask the same question to the few posters who had Maureen as an Avatar last season?

And then Yossi, by all previous accounts a very nice guy, decides to go to the press and spread blatant lies about the man who gave him a chance at a big club?

I think people are really strecthing their imaginations here to make up ways of defending Rafa. The accusations made by Yossi are pretty serious, but it does fit very well into what other players have said in the past.

I'm not anti-Rafa or anything, by the way, I just feel that he has some serious flaws in man-managing.

Is this what it all comes down to? Yossi by all accounts a very nice guy vs Rafa by all accounts a fat, finger rubbing maniac?

The accusations by Yossi are not serious at all. In fact, they're incredibly petty and childish.

"If I played well, I never felt he gave me credit".

Gerrard said the same thing after his FIRST season, but that he just got used to it, and understood thats how Rafa managed. Childish.

"When I scored, I still expected to be out of the team the next game"

Wait- The manager picked the team?!?! Ridiculous.

"On the day before the final game of last season at Hull, Benitez pulled me to one side after training and said: 'You will not be in the squad for this game. Thank you for your three years of service, now you can call your agent to do a deal with another club.'

Oh dear- the manager deciding who to buy and who to sell from his squad huh?

"They thought I was playing well but Benitez told me he was surprised the fans booed because I was not good enough."

Uh oh, the manager deciding who's playing well enough to stay on the pitch.

The rest of his quotes are quite cringeworthy- "I felt so unhappy", "Benitez tried to break me." "He tried to destroy my confidence", "I was sure he wanted me to attack him in the Press during the season so he could turn the fans against me".

Oh dear, I'm literally cringing here.

Fact is, Yossi was incredibly inconsistent and the only reason he was so good at the end of the title challenging season was because he was rested so often at the beggining. Not to mention how awful he actually played at the beggining of that season.

If Rafa thought he was better as a sub for certain games, thats his choice- If he rather have 6M to improve other areas of the squad, again his choice.

As for the deal being agreed before Benitez left? Give me a break, yeah. The money was agreed and thats all that mattered.

Is this what it all comes down to? Yossi by all accounts a very nice guy vs Rafa by all accounts a fat, finger rubbing maniac?

Eh, no. Just a detached manager who is reluctant to praise his players and explain to them what he reasoning behinds his decisions are.

As the decisions often went against conventional logic in football (dropping players after they score, for instance) it causes some people not to understand him. And I personally believe this approach made him lose the dressing room to some degree in the horrible shitfest that was last season which eventually cost him his job.

Guest PurpleNose
Eh, no. Just a detached manager who is reluctant to praise his players and explain to them what he reasoning behinds his decisions are.

As the decisions often went against conventional logic in football (dropping players after they score, for instance) it causes some people not to understand him. And I personally believe this approach made him lose the dressing room to some degree in the horrible shitfest that was last season which eventually cost him his job.

Do you believe that Benitez left the club for footballing reasons?

So he basically begged someone, anyone, to say nasty words about Rafa.

Probably. He was careful not to publish his questions, or suggestions to Yossi, or the other circumstances of the rant. I believe he chased Yossi hoping to exploit his confused feelings after leaving LFC to become a bench-sitter at Chelsea. Then he put a number of leading questions and suggestions to him. He cut and pasted Yossi replies to make them seem like one, long spontaneous outpouring.