You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A certain someone is staying at the Beatles hotel tonight

WaltonRed

Hmm, not sure about this. He's injury-prone and none of his previous managers really trusted him, especially Maureen and Ancelotti. I certainly don't think we should be breaking the bank to sign him, his wage demands seem to be a bit obscene, especially since we're financially fucked as it us.

I think Mourinho's side was best when it had Cole and Robben on the wings.

A contact at Melwood reckons he's due in today, whilst staff over in Switzerland have been saying to the players he might even be flying out later to join the squad if everything goes according to plan. Not a done deal, but certainly looking encouraging.

Guest TK-421

I don't see the point of signing Joe Cole. He's injury prone and his best years are probably behind him. We've already had terrible problems with injuries, so to increase the risk in this way seems a little odd.

Is he meant to be a marquee signing to appease the fans?

I don't see what's in it for him either, I reckon he'll go to Spurs.

I don't see the point of signing Joe Cole. He's injury prone and his best years are probably behind him. We've already had terrible problems with injuries, so to increase the risk in this way seems a little odd.

Never mind the injuries, we need an edge of the seat player. One that can play out wide and in the hole. No, wait. That was Kewell.

A contact at Melwood reckons he's due in today, whilst staff over in Switzerland have been saying to the players he might even be flying out later to join the squad if everything goes according to plan. Not a done deal, but certainly looking encouraging.

Get the fuck in. Signing him would be excellent business and a massive statement of intent to the likes of Gerrard and Torres.

How old is he....28? It`s not like we are signing a 35 year old McAllister. A Cole signing will at least bring some optimism back, as he clearly is still a good player.

We cant afford players of his quality when they are tied to a contract. A risk? Yes off course, but one that I would prepare to take.

How old is he....28? It`s not like we are signing a 35 year old McAllister. A Cole signing will at least bring some optimism back, as he clearly is still a good player.

We cant afford players of his quality when they are tied to a contract. A risk? Yes off course, but one that I would prepare to take.

Spot on, I can't believe people are pissed off with this signing.

Liverpool Echo - Liverpool FC - News - Reds closing in on Joe Cole

LIVERPOOL are ready to intensify their efforts to win the three-way battle for Joe Cole – as Roy Hodgson today revealed his search for a left-back has stepped up a gear.

The Reds have been in constant contact with Cole’s advisers in recent weeks and are determined to repel the challenge of Arsenal and Tottenham to land the England star’s signature.

Hodgson went public over the weekend about the esteem in which he holds Cole and Liverpool are ready to give the gifted playmaker a stage to showcase his talents – and a lucrative salary.

It had looked odds-on a couple of weeks ago that Cole would end up at White Hart Lane but recent signs suggest Harry Redknapp has lost confidence about their ability to seal a deal.

A sticking point might be Cole’s reluctance to uproot his young family from London but Liverpool are hoping to convince him moving north is the right thing to do.

One bookmaker suspended betting on Saturday about Cole joining Liverpool but while that was wide of the mark, Hodgson would evidently love to see the 28-year-old pull on a Red shirt.

“I’m not a betting man so that doesn’t actually play a big part that betting is suspended,” said Hodgson. “I don’t even know enough about betting to know what that means.

“As far as I know, Joe Cole is still a player looking for a club. I know we’ve been connected with him, and it’s good to know we’re connected with players of that quality.

“I haven’t had any discussions with him, but I had a brief chat a while back.”

Cole has said that regular first team football would be the key to deciding where he moves to and Liverpool would give him that.

Landing Cole would be quite a coup and Liverpool – who are anxious to make a statement of intent – will leave no stone unturned to make that happen; further talks are planned.

Hodgson can expect to be busy in the transfer market before the window shuts and a pressing concern is to bring in a quality left-back.

Emiliano Insua’s £5m move to Fiorentina will be completed in the next couple of days and with Fabio Aurelio having been released, Hodgson wants to move quickly.

“We are short and that is going to be one of the priorities,” Hodgson confirmed. “We need to find a replacement for Emiliano and Fabio. That is one job we will have to do.

“As far as we understand, the deal (for Insua) has been completed between the clubs and his agent is sorting out personal terms – maybe it was the right time for him to move on.”

That's 3 free signings in a row now, think this one could appease Gerrard and Torres too.

I think if we get him fit he will be a fantastic player for us, be strange seeing the Chelsea rent boy in a Liverpool kit.

Awesome if it happens, might go a long way towards convincing Gerrard and Torres that something can be done here next season.

edit : byrnie beat me to it, also glad that as the day progresses he might no longer be a window licking jamook. No more sparkly clean windows, Cecil will have to get a window cleaner in.

Edited by Red Phoenix

A guy on RAWK is claiming he is on the way to the camp later today... "fingers crossed" if we replace benny with cole i think this would be a good improvement.

Bearing in mind it'll probably bump the wage bill by about £70k, it probably needs to be an improvement.

Joe Cole is one of my most hated players. I was saying to a mate a few months ago that i'd fuckin hate to see him in a red shirt. But circumstances have changed since and i'd actually be quite happy to have him now. Cancer & Aids have actually made me welcome his signing, the cunts.

How is he a bad shithouse? he's a top player and when speaking about LFC on sky his eyes lit up and he was saying how great the kop is etc

shithouse my arse

Erm, probably because he dives all the time and pretends to be hurt when nobody touches him.

Hence the shithouse tag. Simple really.