You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know this for a fact ?

The players we have brought in:

Jovanovic - The transfer started off with Rafa in january and was apparently completed before Roy got here.

Wilson - The transfer once again started with Rafa and the player was brought to Melwood when Roy was in Switzerland. In my opinon, it was done by Kenny.

Shelvey - Done and dusted before Roy was here.

Cole - Don't have a clue on this, not read any of the reports about us and him and only found out we had signed him when he was on the official website. However, like Wilson, the deal was completed whilst Roy was away. Another thing to point out was Roy saying he had not seen Loic Remy play but the club was tracking him.

It wasn't a pop at Roy at all. Most of the top clubs have people who manage the transfers and it is very popular in foreign leagues.

Moving on to your neg comment, are you certain of this? Like I said, many of the top journalist have more than one contact. Some (not going to name names) have contacts at both staff/playing level and boardroom level. Unless he has disclosed the names of each of his sources to you, how are you certain that Rafa was the only source?

Woo, to your neg comment, what was wrong with what I said. I did not go around claiming I had superior knowledge, nor did I claim anything I said to be a fact. I used logic to piece together certain events and media reports. Are we not strapped for cash? In a money sense, would it be bad business to sell Torres?

Paddy, I'm not sure that Abramovich story had anything to do with Rory Smith.

I've cut and pasted a link to the story below and as you'll see, it was written by Jason Burt and Rory Smith.

Seeing as Jason is Rory's superior I'd imagine the main part of the story is his and the stuff at the bottom about Figeuroa is Rory's.

Chelsea's Roman Abramovich heads to South Africa to capture £50m Fernando Torres - Telegraph

I spoke to Rory and he didn't write that part of the article, it was the other fella.

Tony Evans is much closer to the truth than his critics on here. So far, we see the selling or attempted selling of a lot of players (some of whom Rafa would also have sold - Riera and Yossi and Degen for example). Mascherano has indicated a desire to leave. Torres refused many opportunities to confirm that he was staying even during a visit from the acting MD and the Manager. Before hinting that he would stay, Gerrard has been waiting for an offer from another club that never came. There is something going on with Kuyt. So far, the Tony Evans scenario seems reasonable. Even Hodgson noted that part of the disenchantment among the players is the loss of a popular manager.

Its true we see LFC buying of a few players to offset the sales, most of whom Rafa had earmarked or negotiated. Joe Cole was not on the market when Rafa was here but I think he would have been interested in him as a free agent.

Rafa demanded clear written commitment that Torres and Gerrard and other valued players would not be sold and that the proceeds from any other sales would be added to the transfer funs. LFC preferred to pay Rafa off rather than given him those written assurances.

Against this background, Tony Evans's predictions were reasonable.

Liverpool meanwhile are believed to be monitoring Maynor Figueroa, Wigan's Honduran international left-back. The 27 year-old, who has spent two seasons at the DW Stadium, is expected to leave for around £6 million this summer but wishes to remain in England.

Steve Bruce, the Sunderland manager who brought Figueroa to the Premier League, attempted to take the player to the Stadium of Light in January and is expected to renew his interest, but may face competition as Hodgson looks to bolster his defence.

Hodgson has just £12.5 million to spend and inherited one senior left back, the inexperienced Argentine international, Emiliano Insúa.

Hodgson, the former Fulham manager, has also been linked with a move for former Arsenal midfielder Gilberto Silva, currently with Panathinaikos, while Joe Ledley, whose contract at Cardiff City has expired, is also thought to be under consideration.

Show what they know, 2 signings since then, neither mentioned in the article.

No movement on the Silva front and Ledley has gone to Celtic hasn't he? No one actually knows anything until a deal is hours away (Apart from WaltonRed that is!!)

The players we have brought in:

Jovanovic - The transfer started off with Rafa in january and was apparently completed before Roy got here.

Wilson - The transfer once again started with Rafa and the player was brought to Melwood when Roy was in Switzerland. In my opinon, it was done by Kenny.

Shelvey - Done and dusted before Roy was here.

Cole - Don't have a clue on this, not read any of the reports about us and him and only found out we had signed him when he was on the official website. However, like Wilson, the deal was completed whilst Roy was away. Another thing to point out was Roy saying he had not seen Loic Remy play but the club was tracking him.

It wasn't a pop at Roy at all. Most of the top clubs have people who manage the transfers and it is very popular in foreign leagues.

Moving on to your neg comment, are you certain of this? Like I said, many of the top journalist have more than one contact. Some (not going to name names) have contacts at both staff/playing level and boardroom level. Unless he has disclosed the names of each of his sources to you, how are you certain that Rafa was the only source?

Woo, to your neg comment, what was wrong with what I said. I did not go around claiming I had superior knowledge, nor did I claim anything I said to be a fact. I used logic to piece together certain events and media reports. Are we not strapped for cash? In a money sense, would it be bad business to sell Torres?

I think you are right with regards to Shelvey, Jovanavic and probably also Wilson given that they were happening when Rafa was still here.

I would almost guarantee he had some input with Cole and also any other buys we make.

My take for what it's worth is that he will identify and discuss targets/sales and then the negotiating and money side will be handled by Purslow. I don't know how others feel out there but I'm loving the fact that we are staying below the radar when it comes to targets.

I won't be loving it if Purslow does his worm tongue stuff and tells Torres leaving would be for the good of the club. I don't trust that fucker one bit. 50-70 million and it'll all go in the banks pocket and we'll be down the best centre forward in the world.

To be fair one of Hodgson’s quotes today (or maybe yesterday) said something along the lines of, ‘Steven wanted to explore an option open to him but has decided to stay’

I think its not too much of a leap to suggest that option was Real given they came out and suggested the money we would want was too much for a player of his age

Further to that we’ve not yet had an ‘I’m going nowhere’ from Torres so perhaps it’s a little unfair and maybe premature for people to be claiming the fears people had were unjustified and getting all ‘I told you so’

Kopitelewis:

"I couldn't be arsed to read any of the thread but I'll chuck in my views anyway, then I'll come back and bitch about being negged for it."

I'm all out of neg for you. Count yourself fortunate, boy.

I wasn't bitching. I read the first two pages and I knew where this thread was going so I skipped 9 pages of crap and posted what I felt. I got negged for it so I justified what I said and responded to the two people who negged me. I didn't bitch about it and I ended up with more rep than I had before I posted in the thread anyway...