You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Godfather 2 or Goodfellas or Scarface

Lee909

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Godfather 2 is in a league of its own while the other two are above average Gangster flicks. Loved Scarface when it was out but it seems a bit dated now. Goodfellas is one for my massively overrated pile although its still decent.

Nope. It’s absolute genius. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Godfather 2 is in a league of its own while the other two are above average Gangster flicks. Loved Scarface when it was out but it seems a bit dated now. Goodfellas is one for my massively overrated pile although its still decent.

tumblr_mrqco7HBcH1qadupho1_400.gif

• Upvote 1

It seems a generational thing, the adoration of Goodfellas. If you were 12 to 16 years old when it first came out or thereabouts, you tend to think it is better than Godfathers.

I have a complex relationship with Once Upon a Time in America, I used to adore it when I was very young but then with every viewing since it becomes more difficult to still rate it. I saw it last a couple of years ago and couldn't help but think, take away the music and it is barely average.

I might revisit Goodfellas this weekend.

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

It seems a generational thing, the adoration of Goodfellas. If you were 12 to 16 years old when it first came out or thereabouts, you tend to think it is better than Godfathers.

I have a complex relationship with Once Upon a Time in America, I used to adore it when I was very young but then with every viewing since it becomes more difficult to still rate it. I saw it last a couple of years ago and couldn't help but think, take away the music and it is barely average.

I might revisit Goodfellas this weekend.

I was 11 when Goodfellas came out & think the two Godfather films are better. 

All three would make my top 10 though.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Vlad I love you man but gotta neg that. 

17 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Top 10, please, Mook.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

The Godfather Part II

Mean Streets

The Godfather

Deer Hunter

The Funeral

Airplane

Taxi Driver

Goodfellas

Serpico

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mook said:

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

The Godfather Part II

Mean Streets

The Godfather

Deer Hunter

The Funeral

Airplane

Taxi Driver

Goodfellas

Serpico

Not seen The Funeral. My top 10 changes from time to time, but Serpico and Taxi Driver are firm fixtures.

In no order.

Dog Day Afternoon

Rear Window

Mississippi Burning

Serpico

Midnight Run

A Simple Plan

Godfather/Godfather II

The Sting

The Jungle Book (1967)

Back to the Future

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Not seen The Funeral. My top 10 changes from time to time, but Serpico and Taxi Driver are firm fixtures.

In no order.

Dog Day Afternoon

Rear Window

Mississippi Burning

Serpico

Midnight Run

A Simple Plan

Godfather/Godfather II

The Sting

The Jungle Book (1967)

Back to the Future

'Firm fixtures' my arse, Tony.