You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Harry Potter Phenomenon.....

RedBrian84

I don't have anything against it per se, I just don't get it. Read the first book and it bored the living poopey out of me. In short, I couldn't give a fuck either way.

They do get better, much better in fact. Each one evolves and the characters develop more and more.

I was never into it originally, hadn't read any of the books or seen any film until the 5th book had been published. Then I saw Chamber of Secrets without realising what it was and quite enjoyed it so I read the books and got into them - I was into my twenties by then!

I enjoyed the last book and can't wait to see the film. It won't be as good as the book but they never are.

• 5 months later...

Fucking hell I hate this fucking shit. It's been on every day and the films last for fucking days and days and fucking days. Everytime I turn it back on ITV the same film is still fucking on. Fuck off Harry Potter, you're fucking predictable and absolutely shit!

• Upvote 1

Fucking hell I hate this fucking shit. It's been on every day and the films last for fucking days and days and fucking days. Everytime I turn it back on ITV the same film is still fucking on. Fuck off Harry Potter, you're fucking predictable and absolutely shit!

Expelliarmus!

You're being gentle. I'd of gone for stupefy myself.

I got the box set for christmas, oh yeah baby.

Haha, yeah I did myself. Can't wait to get stuck into them; keep me occupied for a bit while I tick off the days until 14th December and An Unexpected Journey is upon us!

Its a kids film, he's hardly going to die in prolonged screaming agony is he? Worst critisism ever.

Its a kids film, he's hardly going to die in prolonged screaming agony is he? Worst critisism ever.

Why does something not being predictable mean the hero of the piece has to die in screaming agony? It's just nothing more than a compilation of about 500 kids books which have been doing the rounds for decades. Billy Bumblebollocks and his magic fucking flying bus and nasty aunty and uncle.

• 4 years later...

I know virtually nothing about Harry, what's the deal with this new book? My missus loves these books and apparently the new one is out today but I can only find a script for a play. Is there a normal book coming out?

It is a play. Currently on in the Wesr End. I imagine at some point in the future it might get turned into a novel, but not for years yet. The play is looking like it will have a very long and very lucrative run.

Why not buy tickets for Mrs Remmie to see it then the script afterwards? Apparently there are big secrets the audience are encouraged not to spill.

• Upvote 1

It is a play. Currently on in the Wesr End. I imagine at some point in the future it might get turned into a novel, but not for years yet. The play is looking like it will have a very long and very lucrative run.

Why not buy tickets for Mrs Remmie to see it then the script afterwards? Apparently there are big secrets the audience are encouraged not to spill.

Which of course they won't

Hmm nice suggestion but I'd rather scoop my eyes out then go to that!

Ha, ha, ha!!! The selflessness of marriage, eh Rem?

(Same here, by the way; however fatherhood might well trump that view).

I might have overstated it as I've seen the sum of fuck all of any type of Harry Potter so in order to be appropriately up to date I would need to at least watch all the movies and we'll, I still haven't got round to watching Predator or Blade runner or Schindlers list. Or any of the Lord of the rings films and wizard children aren't going to eclipse them