You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Peter Drury

Mendoza

Guest PurpleNose

Patronising, woeful, diarrhea inducing drivel from an absolutely fucking hideous, decrepit, sanctimonious, cantankerous old mong.

In my opinion, he's by far the worst commentator around at the minute. He comes across as a smarmy prick who enjoys hearing the sound of his voice and seems to forget that it's his job to narrate the action and not inflict his shit prose and poor attempts at sounding witty on the viewer.

His commentary in the Italy V Slovakia game was absolutely disgraceful and tonight he was nothing short of patronising towards Africa as a continent. If I was American, I'd want to chin for that "Bye Bye, big American sigh" comment.

An absolute cunt of a man. I like to think I've mellowed a lot over the years, but I have an unhealthy dislike of him.

Anyone think they're turning out like some Referees? Wanting to be the star of the show rather than inform people of what is going on and letting the football talk for itself, they want to shout on top of their voices and get their little bit of history and be remembered themselves instead of the actual football. Media whores.

I think you chaps have trumped my Tyldesley hatred and rightfully so. I'm absolutely astounded at some of the shit drury has spouted recently. I'd be amazed if ITV haven't had shed loads of complaints about his "commentary". Filthy, disgusting individual.

Grotesque. He doesn't even have that irritating need to joke with his sidekick - I suspect he'd rather be on his own. He just loves to concentrate on his own shockingly pompous and portentous remarks and jarringly pre-prepared lines. And his weird compulsion to choose sides and then shriek with glee when they do well is disgraceful.

His commentary in the Italy V Slovakia game was absolutely disgraceful and tonight he was nothing short of patronising towards Africa as a continent. If I was American, I'd want to chin for that "Bye Bye, big American sigh" comment.

did he actually say that? i remember the Italy game and when Slovakia scored i recall the commnetator saying something that was'nt really professional i.e along the lines of haha Italy got knocked out.

did he actually say that? i remember the Italy game and when Slovakia scored i recall the commnetator saying something that was'nt really professional i.e along the lines of haha Italy got knocked out.

Yeah, he did.

His exact words when Italy got knocked out were: "Farewell, Lippi, Farewell Cannavaro- your career has been terminated."

Guest PurpleNose
"In FA cup terms this game (England Vs Slovenia) is like a top Premier League side playing against a 3rd Division side".

Fucking hell. England aren't that bad.

Never liked Drury. He speaks in sound bites. I almost think he pre-plans what he is going to say when someone scores so he has his great saying ready which will be perfect for the highlights.

His commentary last might in the USA/Ghana game was incredibly patronising and very biaised.

He's an awful commentator. Aside from his soundbites and overall arrogance, he just doesn't have a commentators voice. He always sounds like he's got a sore throat and is trying to shout, it's awful.

Most good commentators don't just say the right things, they also have voices which are just pleasant to listen to and they speak in the right tone.

Never liked Drury. He speaks in sound bites. I almost think he pre-plans what he is going to say when someone scores so he has his great saying ready which will be perfect for the highlights.

This is spot on. I think there's a lot of them who do it, Tyldsley included. Drury's just more obvious, cos his are fucking horrendous.

I swear, at the end of the Ghana game yesterday he must have reeled off about five or six in a row. It was embarrassing.

The worst being, as some have pointed out already, the 'Bye Bye Big America Sigh', which just doesn't work on any level.

Except that of a retard's.