You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BBC Glastonbury Coverage

Vincent Vega

Hehe, I'm no Muse fan, but how any Cribs fan can say that with a straight face...

Are The Cribs even that highly rated in the first place? They're not headlining Glastonbury, so it's not really a fair comparison. Muse are getting all this hype when their albums are generally mediocre.

The Cribs are awesome, though, and their last two albums are better than any Muse have brought out, that's for sure.

Are The Cribs even that highly rated in the first place? They're not headlining Glastonbury, so it's not really a fair comparison. Muse are getting all this hype when their albums are generally mediocre.

The Cribs are awesome, though, and their last two albums are better than any Muse have brought out, that's for sure.

Who are The Cribs highly rated by? Other then people who enjoy their fantastic music

Aren't they media darlings, The Cribs? I wouldn't say Muse are highly rated, they're just inexplicably popular prog rock. Saw Muse a couple of times years ago, then suddenly they were huge. They were, however, a pretty decent live band, and quite inventive for what they do. The Cribs, as I've no doubt said on here before, are far and away the worst band I've ever seen live, the epitome of style over substance, and a pair of complete and utter cocks to boot.

Just got back now on the coach. Had a brilliant time from last Wednesday till today. One massive problem was the sheer heat and the way it couldn't be avoided at any time.

Muse, Editors and Mumford and Sons were brilliant. An honorable mention for Bezs Acid house, staying in there till 4am Friday night Saturday morning was a laugh and a half seeing Bez off his tits and dying his death when 808state came on.

It will be my first and last Glasto though, not something I could do again even though I enjoyed it so much.

Just got back now on the coach. Had a brilliant time from last Wednesday till today. One massive problem was the sheer heat and the way it couldn't be avoided at any time.

Muse, Editors and Mumford and Sons were brilliant. An honorable mention for Bezs Acid house, staying in there till 4am Friday night Saturday morning was a laugh and a half seeing Bez off his tits and dying his death when 808state came on.

It will be my first and last Glasto though, not something I could do again even though I enjoyed it so much.

Never heard of Mumford and Sons before this weekends coverage, my impressions was that they are like Pogues-Lite.

Never heard of Mumford and Sons before this weekends coverage, my impressions was that they are like Pogues-Lite.

I can't fucking stand them. Boring, middle of the road bollocks. Their latest song sounds like the theme tune to The Beverly Hillbillies.

Aren't they media darlings, The Cribs?

I live in Ireland so wouldn't know. I can say that nobody I know really knows them beyond 'Mens Needs'.

I can't fucking stand them. Boring, middle of the road bollocks. Their latest song sounds like the theme tune to The Beverly Hillbillies.

Seen them for a tenner, was more then worth the money paid in,

Got back last night and have been in work since. Had some serious sleep deprivation the past week I've clocked up maybe 13 hours sleep, just impossible to sleep in a tent in that heat, didn't stop me partying until 6am most nights though. I was there as a volunteer, so was working for a shit load of bands that I wanted to see, so only have an opinion on a couple acts that I saw. Firstly, Gorillaz were dull and I am glad they were as I was pursuaded by my sister to go see flaming lips who were fucking brilliant. Didn't know a single song, but it didn't matter, the whole mad spectical was fannytastic.

It was Thom Yorke playing at the park as a surprise special guest. He also had the guitarist from Radiohead, hence the confusion over who it was that was playing. Most of his stuff was solo, but he did Fake Plastic Trees and Just at the end which was great to see.

If anyone wants to checking out an obscure act, they could do worse then checking out the set from the Albino rapper Brother Ali and his hilarious sidekick DJ Snuggles. In the comedy tent it was really fucking bad earlier in the day, but it perked up when I saw Brendon Burns for the third time, the guys is fucking hilarious.

Where are you getting these from mate? And do you have Mumford?

Here you go mate.

34ffk0l.png

1. Sigh No More (0:00 - 4:04) 4:04

2. Roll Away Your Stone (4:04 - 9:24) 5:20

3. Winter Winds (9:24 - 13:27) 4:03

4. Nothing Is Real (13:27 - 18:16) 4:49

5. White Blank Page (18:16 - 22:47) 4:31

6. The Cave (22:47 - 27:56) 5:09

7. Dustbowl Dance (27:56 - 32:45) 4:49

Mumford & Sons.mp3

• 11 years later...