You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BBC Glastonbury Coverage

Vincent Vega

Muse are, in my opinion, the most overrated band on the planet.

They've some good songs, but they've not made one great album.

They look a good live band, though.

It's a band who you really have to see live to truly appreciate their greatness. I've seen them twice now and it's been one of the best musical experiences I've witnessed.

If you have the chance to see them Woo, go and you will love them.

Muse reminded just how far downhill they've gone since Absolution again yesterday. Even Feeling Good falls flat for me as I've really gotten into Nina since 2001. They're like U2, they have some good songs, but in the main they are pretentious showponies drawing out weak, maudlin melodies far beyond breaking point.

Otherwise I'm getting pretty annoyed at how below par the coverage seems this year. They repeated the Mumfords set yesterday. Now while I love the band the whole set was shown on Friday and highlights were shown later. This is the biggest festival in the country, show us something different!

I still haven't seen any random world stage stuff yet, which is usually the highlight for me. Instead last night there was a point where the same fucking Sissor sisters song was on both sides! I went to bed at one bored. I've never been bored watching the glasto coverage before. Usually I'm feeling inspired and fighting myself away from my guitar as I'd wake up the house.

At least the BBC acoustic things are still quality, Plan B was good, I missed Mariachi El Bronx but am assured they were great (not as great as The Bronx are in non-mariachi form though) and I heard Broken Bells for the first time. The Shins+Dangermouse=luvverly music.

I went to see Stevie Wonder Thursday night in Dublin, brilliant gig and i suggest keeping a look out for him at 10pm. Although he did play some of the shit 80's stuff it was mostly the classic 60's and 70's, he finished off with one hell of a bad song which he done after Superstition, something about saving the World, damn it was shit but a brilliant gig otherwise.