Vincent Vega

BBC Glastonbury Coverage

46 minutes ago, an tha said:

Watching IDLES on bbc 4 now from earlier.

What a fucking band - just absolute powerhouses.

Good set, not seen energy like that since the birthday party 

Hahahaha Bobby Gillespie "Have a great weekend, don't get too fucked up, don't end up like us and Fuck the Tories" 

• Upvote 2

Blossoms are alright. Got a few good little songs, it would be silly to suggest otherwise. 

They had Mel C on stage with them today apparently though. Fuck sake. 

The Libertines played at midday, I haven't seen the set but fuck me they could have headlined this years ago if they didn't start shoving needles in their arms. Mind you, would the music have been as good if they hadn't? 

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Blossoms are alright. Got a few good little songs, it would be silly to suggest otherwise. 

They had Mel C on stage with them today apparently though. Fuck sake. 

The Libertines played at midday, I haven't seen the set but fuck me they could have headlined this years ago if they didn't start shoving needles in their arms. Mind you, would the music have been as good if they hadn't? 

Mel C’s voice is like nails on a blackboard.  Horrible!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

Tried to watch Sam Fender but I thought the audio quality was terrible; Crowded House the same.

Inviting a load of people around isn’t going to make it any better mate. 

• Upvote 8

Journo writing this (a bit over the top) review of Sam Fender says he's heard a rumour Bruce Springsteen will be joining Macca on stage to do a turn tonight. I'm all in.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/jun/24/sam-fender-at-glastonbury-2022-review-unforgettable-emotional-release

I think the above review was written by his agent.

I don't understand the hype around Sam Fender, I don't know any of his songs but watched a bit last night and it was pretty boring, beige you may say.

Watched a couple of other acts on the BBC, there was this Sigrid lass on the John Peel stage  who was kind of alright, weirdly cute.

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He didnt catch the golden condom then?

He threw them in jail because he said the bass playing on their second album was apparently below standard and would undermine other Russian musicians to the eyes and ears of the rest of the world. Didn't want Russia to be shown in a bad light apparently.

14 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Billie Elilish got it all bar the tunes.

I've got her on now the iPlayer.

I'm a 40 year old bloke who likes loud guitars & aggression, so I was expecting not to like it, I don't get it all.

I could understand Lady Gaga, Beyonce or somebody will some big dance tunes or power ballads, this is just boring nonsense. Like Lana Del Rey with a bit more of a beat to it. 

The type of music shite cocktail bars play on a Tuesday afternoon.

• Downvote 1