You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BBC Glastonbury Coverage

Vincent Vega

I must be getting too old (or i've finally turned into my auld fella criticising me watching The Tube when i was a kid) but i don't get the fuss about Idles. From what i saw (admittedly about ten minutes worth) it was just noise. A balding man shouting over a tuneless noise. 

The only sets i have seen in full were Supergrass, Primal Scream and The Pet Shop Boys. All of which were ace and for totally different reasons. Caught about ten minutes of Bono's son's band (Inhaler) and that was nothing special. 

42 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Great to see. Some people on here have called things like that cringe. I think it's great. That's a good few hundred kids who are now very unlikely to vote tory, that will spread into their friendship groups then their kids and so on. Keep it going. Fuck the Tories. 

21 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Great to see. Some people on here have called things like that cringe. I think it's great. That's a good few hundred kids who are now very unlikely to vote tory, that will spread into their friendship groups then their kids and so on. Keep it going. Fuck the Tories. 

Only if they move into marginal constituencies.

51 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

I must be getting too old (or i've finally turned into my auld fella criticising me watching The Tube when i was a kid) but i don't get the fuss about Idles. From what i saw (admittedly about ten minutes worth) it was just noise. A balding man shouting over a tuneless noise. 

The only sets i have seen in full were Supergrass, Primal Scream and The Pet Shop Boys. All of which were ace and for totally different reasons. Caught about ten minutes of Bono's son's band (Inhaler) and that was nothing special. 

Pet shop boys, god they make me spew. 

15 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Was it the cover version of Always on my Mind that tipped you over the edge, Elvis?

Can't say I blame the big man. They should've been fucking shot for that. 

Actually they should have been shot as babies to spare us the rest of their bollocks. Music for deaf accountants.

Not sure if it was on here, but I read something that summed up how mad it is that McCartney, at 80, was able to put on a headline performance like that. 

It was along the lines of if Billie Eilish was to next headline a Glastonbury slot at the same age as McCartney was for Saturday's slot, then it would take place at Glastonbury 2082. 

2 hours ago, Mook said:

Can't say I blame the big man. They should've been fucking shot for that. 

Actually they should have been shot as babies to spare us the rest of their bollocks. Music for deaf accountants.

This , all day long.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Fuck me, Kendrick was fucking unbelievable. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a show like it. He is one serious, serious talent. 

I think he's the most interesting and important musical artist on the planet. He apparently suffers badly with depression and question his faith. He's similar to many who have gone the church route before him, troubled. Marvin Gaye, Aretha, all them old blues players were the same, well Gaye got shot by his father who was a preacher. 

Lamar questions the whole rap culture and points at the hypocrisy of the church whilst calling himself a hypocrite for living that type of life.  He's a special talent. 

From his last track last night  'Saviour'

'Preacher told me the vaccine work of the beast..then he caught covid prayed to Pfizer for relief ..

So do I stay pure an end in bed for two weeks.. huh what you think?... I'm not your saviour 

So the cats out the bag im not your saviour...

find it difficult to love thy neighbour..

especially when people ask ambiguous favours,

..but they heart not really in it, see it all for the paper..

Independent thought is the eternal enemy.., these capitalists posing as compasionists offend me..

think for yourself I'm not your saviour...

'  

• Upvote 2