You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BBC Glastonbury Coverage

Vincent Vega

Gorillaz are recorded, will watch tomorrow, but gotta agree with everythin about Albarn.

If you get chance get a watch of Groove Armada.

I saw them at a festival years ago (I can't even remember which one, probably gives you an idea of the levels of debauchery involved) and they were one of the biggest let-downs of my life. All I wanted to do was dance and they were utter toss. I'll check their set out though - after all, the whole reason I was so disappointed was because I'd seen how good they could be.

You deffo want to catch Gorillaz RR, Ryder, Mark E Smith and Lou Reed guested, as you say Albarn knows the score.

Caught the back end of it but I'll be checking the rest.

I'm currently watching Dizzee Rascal doing Stand Up Tall and can I just say fucking DIE DIE DIE DIE. I'll let MC Fusion off for fucking with Nirvana but you have no such free pass, you grimy little cunt.

Switched over to BBC2 coverage, Zane Lowe was on it presenting, turned straight over.

I'm sort of with you on Zane Lowe in so far as he's a bit irritating. However, I'd much rather see him on there with his genuine love for, and broad, deep knowledge of music than the assorted collection of tits they appear to be using at other times. That Bowman tit and her sidekick are beyond irritating, but the biscuit has been well and truly taken by some utter arse of a girl who appears to get excited by hoola-hoops and thinks that lying down on camera whilst shouting makes for good television.

I mean, Jo Whiley is smug and vain, but at least she knows her stuff. The BBC has loads of serious music heads in its employ. Why the fuck haven't they got them on here? Mark Radcliffe is fine and Lauren Laverne is excellent, but the John Peel shaped hole is (inevitably, I suppose) cavernous. Why not get Gilles Peterson on there? I mean he spent most of his show this week going on and on about Glastonbury and how he wasn't going, so he clearly loves the festival. Furthermore, he was playing virtually all the non-rock/mainstream acts in the line-up years ago.

For me, whilst attending the festival itself is about so much more than the music, the Glastonbury coverage should be about nothing else and for that I want experts, not vacuous arse holes with both eyes on their careers who think they need to be "wacky". The esoteric nature of this great British institution should be reflected in the expertise of its presenters, not people trying very, very hard to appear eccentric for the chance to have a crack at a Saturday morning kids' show next year.

You deffo want to catch Gorillaz RR, Ryder, Mark E Smith and Lou Reed guested, as you say Albarn knows the score.

Fell asleep before they all came on, but I plussed the 3 hour highlights show on BBC HD so I'll catch up in a bit. However, did they mention why Snoop and Mos Def weren't used on stage when both of them are at the festival this weekend? How about De La Soul and the woman from Little Dragon - did they come on? I thought Bobby Womack's voice sounded great on Stylo, of what I did catch. He's got to be pushing 70, yet he sounded clear, strong and soulful as fuck.

Think the Gorillaz are pretty much nailing it here to be honest. Give Albarn his due, he's ridiculously talented, a real renaissance man of popular music and they certainly know how to put a show on.

Agreed. In my view he's approaching genius level with his ability to write and perform at the highest level across an incredibly eclectic range of genres. I'm far from a fan of everything he's done, but his career is littered with great songs and wonderful collaborations. He's a serious music head.

Gorillaz are getting a hammering on BBC Breakfast now, a group of 'too cool for school' middle class tossers saying the crowd got bored. Mark E Smith reading his lyrics was great, and Shaun Ryder having to count out loud to hit his cue - brilliant.

Dizee Rascal was excellent, I'm not into rap but think he's a genius.

Mumford and Sons looked like they had the crowd bouncing, they played in a tent (3 manner from Decathlon) and the atmosphere looked amazing.

Gorillaz are getting a hammering on BBC Breakfast now, a group of 'too cool for school' middle class tossers saying the crowd got bored. Mark E Smith reading his lyrics was great, and Shaun Ryder having to count out loud to hit his cue - brilliant.

Dizee Rascal was excellent, I'm not into rap but think he's a genius.

Mumford and Sons looked like they had the crowd bouncing, they played in a tent (3 manner from Decathlon) and the atmosphere looked amazing.

Yeah, just seen that then.

Bad whoppers them.

The Glastonbury 'feel' is Gorillaz were dull. I'm not sure Gorillaz are suited to a Glastonbury audience as it was a low key set. I certainly enjoyed it at home.

I hear Thom Yorke and Johnny played a secret set. Any footage of this about??

The Glastonbury 'feel' is Gorillaz were dull. I'm not sure Gorillaz are suited to a Glastonbury audience as it was a low key set. I certainly enjoyed it at home.

I hear Thom Yorke and Johnny played a secret set. Any footage of this about??

The Guardian said it was Radiohead and they did an acoustic set. The BBC presenters only had it as a rumour last night though so I'm assuming any footage will be strictly of the amateur variety on YouTube.

I'm sort of with you on Zane Lowe in so far as he's a bit irritating. However, I'd much rather see him on there with his genuine love for, and broad, deep knowledge of music than the assorted collection of tits they appear to be using at other times. That Bowman tit and her sidekick are beyond irritating, but the biscuit has been well and truly taken by some utter arse of a girl who appears to get excited by hoola-hoops and thinks that lying down on camera whilst shouting makes for good television.

I mean, Jo Whiley is smug and vain, but at least she knows her stuff. The BBC has loads of serious music heads in its employ. Why the fuck haven't they got them on here? Mark Radcliffe is fine and Lauren Laverne is excellent, but the John Peel shaped hole is (inevitably, I suppose) cavernous. Why not get Gilles Peterson on there? I mean he spent most of his show this week going on and on about Glastonbury and how he wasn't going, so he clearly loves the festival. Furthermore, he was playing virtually all the non-rock/mainstream acts in the line-up years ago.

For me, whilst attending the festival itself is about so much more than the music, the Glastonbury coverage should be about nothing else and for that I want experts, not vacuous arse holes with both eyes on their careers who think they need to be "wacky". The esoteric nature of this great British institution should be reflected in the expertise of its presenters, not people trying very, very hard to appear eccentric for the chance to have a crack at a Saturday morning kids' show next year.

I agree about some of the presentation by the Beeb being annoying Paul, I preferred it when Channel 4 used to cover the event. Late at night viewers aren't tuning in to hear crap chit-chat and presenters attempting to be funny, we simply want to see the music. I've also no interest in random people from the crowd and if they are enjoying themselves, and there was some bizarre thing on last night about a bit of the festival that is for nudists, now I'm always up for seeing a nice pair of tits but it isn't really the reason I'm tuning in to watch Glastonbury at 1.00am. I won't be staying up as late tonight, I'll record it so I can watch tomorrow and skip past the shit bits.