You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup Group 'E' Deciders (DEN v JPN, CMR v NED)

20qakp0.jpg

Live table here....World Cup 2010 - Soccer / Football Live Scores

The Japan Denmark game ought to be a good one as Denmark know they need to win, or will Japan get everyone behind the ball play for the draw?

I like both teams so I'm not too bothered who gets to go through but I guess from a Liverpool point of view it'll be nice for Agger to advance.

Curious to see if Rommedahl can keep his good form going. Was superb against Cameroon.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a formality for the Dutch, the other game should be more interesting though. Japan have impressed me a little actually, I thought they would be by far the weakest team in this group but they did well against Cameroon and could have got a point off the Netherlands had they not missed that late chance. I wouldn't be too surprised if they managed to get something from Denmark. I'd still expect Denmark to qualify as runners-up to the Dutch though, and with the runners-up facing Paraguay in the next round, there's a real chance they can make it to the quarters.

Cameroon: 16-Hamidou Souleymanou; 19-Stephane Mbia, 7-Landry Nguemo, 3-Nicolas Nkoulou, 2-Benoit Assou-Ekotto, 8-Geremi, 11-Jean Makoun, 6-Alexandre Song, 9-Samuel Eto'o, 13-Eric Choupo-Moting, 12-Gaetan Bong.

Netherlands: 1-Maarten Stekelenburg; 12-Khalid Boulahrouz, 3-John Heitinga, 4-Joris Mathijsen, 5-Giovanni van Bronckhorst; 7-Dirk Kuyt, 6-Mark van Bommel, 10-Wesley Sneijder, 8-Nigel de Jong, 23-Rafael van der Vaart; 9-Robin van Persie.

Referee: Pablo Pozo (Chile)

Denmark: 1-Thomas Sorensen; 15-Simon Poulsen, 4-Daniel Agger, 13-Per Kroldrup, 6-Lars Jacobsen, 19-Dennis Rommedahl, 2-Christian Poulsen, 10-Martin Jorgensen, 12-Thomas Kahlenberg, 9-Jon Dahl Tomasson, 11-Nicklas Bendtner.

Japan: 21-Eiji Kawashima; 2-Yuki Abe, 22-Yuji Nakazawa, 4-Tulio, 3-Yuichi Komano, 5-Yuto Nagatomo, 16-Yoshito Okubo, 7-Yasuhito Endo, 17-Makoto Hasebe, 8-Daisuke Matsui, 18-Keisuke Honda.

Referee: Jerome Damon (South Africa)

The Danes aren't playing too badly but their strikers are shit. Tomasson can hardly move and Bendtner is just shit. If they can't do any better than that up front then all their nice passing and movement is for nothing.

Japan are excellent value. I think I've figured out what the Danes' problem is though - too many fucking sissies with alice bands in the team. They need a couple of scary, bald, viking looking bastards in the team. And a half decent striker of course.