You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa Benitez: The Final Word.

Magic Sponge

In short, to call them cunts.

In long, to explain how bad the situation is, and what he had to go through.

He didn't even have to dedicate the show to it, but a 5 minute fucking statement would have been nice.

Massively dissapointed

Correct, thats what he should have said, but we all know why he did'nt, some people just dont wana believe why.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does'nt he come out and say what happened in the last 2 summers with the transfer funds, Alonso keane money etc. He has on several times hinted about "things changing2 as he was touting himself to Juventus, so why be so cryptic, tell us what changed Rafa, or was the fact you buddied up to Hicks to get rid of Parry and get your contract really all that changed. I'd respect him alot more if he stopped with all the hints and spoke about what happened, if he was fucked over it might help convert some of the fans that still think were doing great with the yanks.

He wont and has'nt said anything since march of last year because of a gagging order he agreed to.

Why though? What will it change? You're opinion - I douibt it, you'll just find something else to whinge and whine about.

So what if he took the money to keep quiet - perhaps if SOME people hadn't of been so quick to willfully misinterpret his every word while he was here then he may be more inclined to come out and spill the beans.

So again - why should he bother?

Why though? What will it change? You're opinion - I douibt it, you'll just find something else to whinge and whine about.

So what if he took the money to keep quiet - perhaps if SOME people hadn't of been so quick to willfully misinterpret his every word while he was here then he may be more inclined to come out and spill the beans.

What do you think of ex players that don't speak out against the owners?

Benitez has no connection to this club anymore, say what you want about people twisting his words, but had he came out at the very end and gave a full and frank statement about the state of the club, the owners, non of this cryptic shit. Then I would have been a happy man.

Give me one good reason, why he shouldn't have come out and made one final attempt at fighting the supposed 'good fight' he fought for our club.

And now the end is near

And so I face the final curtain

My friend I'll say it clear

I'll state my case of which I'm certain

Regrets I've had a few

Keane & Aquilani to name but 2

I did what I had to do

And saw it through without exemption

I planned each charted course

Each careful step along the byway

And more, much more than this

I did it my way

Edited by StevieH

What do you think of ex players that don't speak out against the owners?

How many ex players have been villified in the way Benitez has? Ex-Players while they were here were treated as Gods, on their return they were greeted very warmly. There is a difference No?

Benitez has no connection to this club anymore, say what you want about people twisting his words, but had he came out at the very end and gave a full and frank statement about the state of the club, the owners, non of this cryptic shit. Then I would have been a happy man.

Again, given the amount of vitriolic hatred poured on him while he was in charge - why should he do that, what does he owe those people?

Give me one good reason, why he shouldn't have come out and made one final attempt at fighting the supposed 'good fight' he fought for our club.

Because, as you said - "Benitez has no connection to this club anymore" Why should he say anything at all?

Spot on mate.

If he had come out and defended himself whilst using all the boardroom shite that was goin on, people would of seen that as making excuses.

I think he came across well by concentrating on the good times, rather than being upfront about all the negative factors he had to face. He knows alot more than most people about what them cunts have done the club.

Once again you show dignity Rafa.

You wanted him gone and lambasted the man on here constantly, you finally got what you wanted and now you want something from him.

I'm not asking for much though really? I mean all I'm asking him to do is to make public under no uncertain terms how bad the owners are for Liverpool Football Club, and the problems he faced.

It didn't have to be some long fuck off statement taking up the full show.

It could have been a defining moment.

What was the point in him mentioning the owners, he'd just get accused of making excuses. I don't think it would have made much difference anyway if he had mentioned them. People know how shit the owners are, thy just can't be arsed doing anything about it. If people don't know by now then they're blerts.

Spot on mate.

If he had come out and defended himself whilst using all the boardroom shite that was goin on, people would of seen that as making excuses.

I think he came across well by concentrating on the good times, rather than being upfront about all the negative factors he had to face. He knows alot more than most people about what them cunts have done the club.

Once again you show dignity Rafa.

There is making excuses, and there is exposing the owners for what they are and telling people under no uncertain terms how bad they are for the club.

The only intriguing part of that interview was Benitez deliberately leaving the door open on a possible return. Any Liverpool supporter - regardless of their views on him - should be delighted if he did because it would mean the club's healthy again.

The G&H issue was clearly off-limits, for reasons probably best known to Rafa and his accountant but, hey, he's gone now. Let's move the fuck on.

Suicide watch over on RAWK tonight

Hehe, I bet it's like 9/11, Princess Di and Jade Goody all rolled into one giant clusterfuck of "woe is me"".

I'm not asking for much though really? I mean all I'm asking him to do is to make public under no uncertain terms how bad the owners are for Liverpool Football Club, and the problems he faced.

It didn't have to be some long fuck off statement taking up the full show.

It could have been a defining moment.

You picked your side.

As kennys spell has so clearly put it, why the fuck should he do the likes of you and all the other people who constantly slated him and made up pathetic childish groups like TART up a favour, to use words that you and a lot of others have said on here a lot GET OVER IT!

It's not about me, it's not about any one individual. It's about the club and making it clear beyond all doubt how bad they are. No more cryptic shit, no more working under the shite he has to put it through.

He's been through so much shit I have no idea why the fuck he wouldn't want to turn around and stick it to them, mind you.

Oh and the ART was such an exclusive group, even those who joined it didn't actually make the group. You are just jealous

you ATART

So why bother with these stupid interviews if he's not gona say something relevant, theres grown men in tears over on RAWK now, while Rafa Benitez is counting his £6m quid for finishing in 7th place and keeping his mouth shut.

Thats a completely different question that does nothing to answer the questions asked of you and also does nothing to suggest why Benitez should come out and break any agreement he may have with the club.

Had he have been treated somewhat better by his so called fans during his tenure, perhaps you'd have a point - as it is, I think your pissing against the wind.

There is making excuses, and there is exposing the owners for what they are and telling people under no uncertain terms how bad they are for the club.

Hang on, let me get this right - The Leeches have engineered the sacking of one of Europes best coaches/managers (who was immediately snapped up by Inter Milan and are looking to replace him with the likes of Hodgson or O'Neal and there are people out there who need the ex manager to tell them how bad the Leeches are?

Really????????

Seriously Ant, I don't think there is one single Liverpool supporter that isn't aware of how bad the yanks are.

Can you not see that if he used the struggle with the owners, that it would come across as him being bitter and twisted?

I think he's been very clever by avoiding it all together.

Hang on, let me get this right - The Leeches have engineered the sacking of one of Europes best coaches/managers (who was immediately snapped up by Inter Milan and are looking to replace him with the likes of Hodgson or O'Neal and there are people out there who need the ex manager to tell them how bad the Leeches are?

Really????????

Now you're just starting a different argument.