You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Roy Hodgson Thread

BexBissel

Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?  

346 members have voted

1. 1. Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?

In the sense that he's now widely recognised (within the industry) as having no credible sources on matters relating to Liverpool Football Club. (Even that rag expects better than the dross he writes.)

If you say so.

He writes something positive and gets his arse handed to him. Now if Tony Evans had written that.....

If the fans feel passion, the players feel passion and the manager's job is somehow (dont ask me how) made more effective...you know? the 'Holy trinity'

Hodgson cannot supply the missing link in this scenario...only Kenny can do that.

Liverpool Football Club need to 'light the candle' right now and get back into orbit. We need an 'energiser', a 'keystone'

Fuck it, what else can I say??

I want KENNY DALGLISH to take over NOW. I really feel it in my old bones, that he is the correct medication for this sick club to get back on track. With all due respect to Hodgson, NOBODY ELSE will suffice.

The fact that the Board has obviously rejected The King (fucking audacity) means whatever last tiny speck of respect was lingering deep inside for the Admin of our once great club, has now completely GONE. FINITO.

Oh Yeah...and come on England - I want a fucking hat-trick from one of you ponces tonight.......

I tell you this, if I had the cash to get on a plane I'd be sitting outside the Anfield main entrance ASAP with my banner 'THE RETURN OF THE KING' and as long as some local folk could supply a decent cup of tea every now and then, I wouldn't budge until the necessary miracle was acomplished, and K.D. was re-instated into his rightful place.

Well, that's clearly Bascombe's methodology.

Write any old nonsense and wait and see if it comes true.

Wish people would make their minds up on here, seriously. One day he is apparently getting fed info from Purslow etc to put out there, the next he is apparently just making stuff up and hoping it comes true. Make you mind up. It is either one or the other.

I find it quite humourous that the shit he gets with people actively waiting for the NOTW website to update so they can have their weekly slag-off fest are that fascinated by what he writes.

I avoid certain journalists I can't stand like the plague. For yours and others health I would suggest you do the same.

That's a very blinkered view in my opinion. It's been mentioned on here before, but where do you draw the line? Bryan Robson, Ron Atkinson, Mick McCarthy, Tony Adams? Would it be right to back them if they were appointed? And for anyone saying it'd never happen, think back a couple of years back and who would have thought that Liverpool's number one target (allegedly) is Hodgson?

If people have doubts over the manager, then as far as I'm concerned they're perfectly entitled to voice those concerns. The only caveat to that for me, is that any criticism (or indeed praise) should be balanced and based on solid foundations rather than agendas or hear-say.

For the record, I personally think there is some merit to being critical of Hodgson's appointment as Liverpool manager - if, of course, it happens.

Well sorry I disagree with you I will support any manager who comes in and back them.I won't wish them to leave or tell them to fck off I will cheer them in the stands.I will back them untill the point I feel they not giving 100% then and only then will I turn on them , Only when I feel they are trying to hurt my club.All managers need to be given a chance who knows which one might come in and just turn us into champions agian.End of day you can bring in 1000 top managers from Italy , France , Spain , Germany or the fecking moon or you can try an unproven one and win the league (shankly) thats football and thats why I love football.

We are now not a top 4 and we don't have the money to waste on another manager from abroad who will demand stupid wages and in end put us in even a worse position.End of day if roy does come in or who ever does and they can keep gerrard and Torres plus few others at club I be a happy man.

Only thing I can think of better then that is our club turning to a PLC with the 50% owned by the fans I hope that day comes.

How do you know it isn't?

Isn't it just a case of wait and see?

For you it is. You wait all week to masturbate over Bascombe. Have done for at least two years - at least while he has been sticking the knife into Rafa.

Last week he filed a story about how annoyed he was that the young South African girls at the information desk in the swank hotel where he was staying could not tell him why the local buses were not arriving on time. He commented they were probably being paid the price of a chocolate bar. Colonial git!

Wish people would make their minds up on here, seriously. One day he is apparently getting fed info from Purslow etc to put out there, the next he is apparently just making stuff up and hoping it comes true. Make you mind up. It is either one or the other.

I find it quite humourous that the shit he gets with people actively waiting for the NOTW website to update so they can have their weekly slag-off fest are that fascinated by what he writes.

I avoid certain journalists I can't stand like the plague. For yours and others health I would suggest you do the same.

He is from the Koptalk school of journalism. He makes it up and claims he cannot reveal his sauces or his horses.

Guest The Chimp

We all want the same thing seven of eleven, success for the club and the fans happy. Where we differ is in how what we think will bring us this. If Kenny wants the job as has been reported the it's beyond me as to how he could be overlooked. It also makes me question another appointment. Forgive me if I've got to sceptical but I simply have no faith in anyone on the board taking any decision which has the club's best interests as basis for said decision (rather than their own self-interests).

No more foreign managers please! The last two have turned into lunatics, cant be doing with anymore defensive full moon head cases

Hang on. You've had your tongue up Mourinho's hoop for as long as I can remember.

He wrote the book on defensive full moon head cases.

There's a lot of truth in this post. There is deffo a strange obsession with some on here. If you think he talks shite don't read him.

The longer this go's on the more i'm thinking Hodgson is having 2nd thoughts about coming here, orobably because of the reaction from fans and more importantly Dalglish

It's a strange one isn't it? We don't really know what's going on, just going by all the reports in the press. Some papers don't even know what's going on and providing us with their guess work like Hodgson is waiting for England (again) to go out today. Fulham are still being linked to players.

Probably down to the incompetence of our board, as per usual dragging their heels. Hodgson has been number one choice and bookies favourite from when Rafa bit the bullet, regardless of all the other managers that have been courted or supposedly interviewed for the job.

As I've said before, don't think Woy would turn us down, even with our cunt owners, when most sensible managers wouldn't touch us with a bargepole.

The longer this go's on the more i'm thinking Hodgson is having 2nd thoughts about coming here, orobably because of the reaction from fans and more importantly Dalglish

I agree, plus approaching other managers as soon as last Thursday is also showing no confidence in Roy.

There's a lot of truth in this post. There is deffo a strange obsession with some on here. If you think he talks shite don't read him.

but...but...what would people get angry about? There's a lot of bitterness out there - people need to get it out, it's not healthy otherwise.

I'm off for a day in the sun. Have fun everyone.