You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Roy Hodgson Thread

BexBissel

Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?  

346 members have voted

1. 1. Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?

Hodgson is a bit like before Peter Crouch signed, everyone was like 'Peter Fuckin Crouch!!! shite, not good enough for Liverpool or a big team' couldnt believe we were being linked with him, but look how that worked out, he was good

I think this thread will definately be getting 'bumped' if he does well

Here's hoping we don't go 19 games without scoring at the start of the season as well.

Hodgson is a bit like before Peter Crouch signed, everyone was like 'Peter Fuckin Crouch!!! shite, not good enough for Liverpool or a big team' couldnt believe we were being linked with him, but look how that worked out, he was good

I think this thread will definately be getting 'bumped' if he does well

I seriously hope so.

Crouch was never as bad as the most rabid opposers of the deal were making out. He was and is, however, not good enough for a team with title-winning aspirations.

I'm not sure who you mean there Hodgson or Crouch, but if we had Peter Crouch in 2008-2009 season we'd have won the league, I guarntee that.

Guest PurpleNose
I'm not sure who you mean there Hodgson or Crouch, but if we had Peter Crouch in 2008-2009 season we'd have won the league, I guarntee that.

You'd have played him instead of Torres?

You'd have played him instead of Torres?

No but the big fella would have turned 2 of those 11 draws in to wins, the likes of Fulham, West Ham etc when we were hopelessly lobbing high balls up at Robbie Keane, alot of games Torres was out if Crouch had been still there we would have won, what might have been eh!

Nothing's happened yet Dennis. Benitez had long ceased to be an asset to the club - we were only going one way with him imo, so to suggest that we will be worse off in that respect is puzzling to say the least. Let's wait and see who is unveiled as the new manager, and let's give him the benefit of the doubt - they start with a clean slate as far as I'm concerned. Almost everyone on here wants Kenny to be the new manager.

If he isn't, it's not because he's being 'pushed aside' by the new man, it's because the board wouldn't select him for the job. What would you expect the new man to do in those circumstances? Turn round and say 'I'm not taking the job because I think you should give it to Dalglish?' Perhaps we should expect all the available decent managers to come together and agree not to take the Liverpool job because Kenny should have it really. Or, more realistically, we should not.

Still on your anti-Kenny agenda from several years ago? As boring as it is it offers some relief from your anti-Rafa agenda. You really are precious the way you cite the board as the fountain of wisdom, authority and justice when it suits your agenda. Accountants and salesmen know football best, don't they? But I suppose that's all we can expect from a glorified bank clerk.

Guest ShoePiss

I guarantee that if Torres scored 20 more goals we'd have won the league also.

Guest PurpleNose
I'm not trying to get at Rafa, I was just saying Crouch wou;d have made a big differnce that year.

He'd have made a difference last year, and this one coming up. He's a quality player.

Unfortunately we can only afford one striker over the age of 14 at the club, well, until this summer when he's sold as well.

No but the big fella would have turned 2 of those 11 draws in to wins, the likes of Fulham, West Ham etc when we were hopelessly lobbing high balls up at Robbie Keane, alot of games Torres was out if Crouch had been still there we would have won, what might have been eh!

The disallowed goal against Stoke and the fuck up at home to Arsenal still have me wistfully thinking of what might of been. Anyway, enough of that nonsense, back to the matter in hand..........

hoot-0825.jpg

I guarantee that the same people who were plunging knifes into Benitez will be the first in the queue to do it to Hodgson too. It's in their nature. Also, the idea that we need to be hiring a manger that will challenge for the league is one that people should probably be sectioned for. Closing your eyes and going to your happy place won't make it real, it just means that Shooter McGavin is going to make you sad when he comes and ruins everything by kissing your nan.

And Ant, please don't lecture people on getting behind a manager and the nature of support, it's almost too ridiculous to countenance after the daily bombardment of sniping we had to put up with.

Football is canceled next season :P Seriously though I'll probably find something more productive on which to spend my time. When football pisses you off so much, time to find a different obsession.

If you can find something else it was never your obsession in the first place.

Look at the Leeds fans still turning up at Ellend Road in the thousands. Are you all so pathetic as to leave the club in it's hour of need?

Chin up, chest out - onwards. Welcome Roy, we'll be right behind you but understand we've got a fight to fight with your bosses.

Any spineless little ferret who is ducking out and leaving it until the sun is shining again: man up and fucking grow a cock - you've had the best of the club now show some sponk and fight and support and believe you cunt.

I guarantee that the same people who were plunging knifes into Benitez will be the first in the queue to do it to Hodgson too. It's in their nature. Also, the idea that we need to be hiring a manger that will challenge for the league is one that people should probably be sectioned for. Closing your eyes and going to your happy place won't make it real, it just means that Shooter McGavin is going to make you sad when he comes and ruins everything by kissing your nan.

And Ant, please don't lecture people on getting behind a manager and the nature of support, it's almost too ridiculous to countenance after the daily bombardment of sniping we had to put up with.

Agree with Stu 100%.

Yup.

I wanted to rep you but it seems I have to spread first. And why was I going to rep you? For saying people should be sectioned? Nope. For having a pop at Ant? Nope. For saying that the back stabbers will continue to stab backs? Nope. For the superb Happy Gilmore reference? Oh my, Yes!

The experts say that the best indicator of future behaviour is past behaviour, unless there is objective evidence of change. You can guarantee that the nappy shitting blert and the rest of the big mouths will be the first on here doing what they do best. However, it wont stop them missing the massive irony and hypocrisy they shit out of their stupid thick fucking heads on a daily basis.

To be lectured by the likes of Blertynwa and the rest about supporting the manager must be like being told to loosen up a bit by Mary Whitehouse.

First run of bad results and the spiteful fucks will be on here doing the same to the next manager as they did to the last one.

Speaking as someone who spent years arguing against blerts in Rafa's favour on this and other forums, who was always respectful to him on a personal level, and ultimately lost faith in him for football reasons, I find some of the self-congratulatory daggers as sharp as the spiteful ones. And yes they were spiteful. What winds me up is feeling like some fairly reasonable criticism just gets lumped in with the lies and name calling, and I'm not sure that's altogether constructive or we end up either deepening the divisions or in some kind of groupthinking circle jerk like the worst parts of RAWK.

Can you explain why this post wasn't made at this time last year (or when it became obvious we weren't spending what we were bringing in)?

Yeah, because it's not as if Stevie H has ever done anything to make his opposition to the owners clear, is it? Must have been a different Stevie H who was personally responsible for forcing Tom Hicks Junior out of the club, eh? For actually doing something about the owners and keeping them in the media spotlight? I suspect you might owe him an apology there because his anti-owners credentials are far stronger than anyone else on here. Some people clearly have very very short memories, and it's actually quite sad.

Keep it up Stevie H.

Some would even suggest that the real hypocrites are those on here and above all on RAWK who thought that everything was ok with the club - despite the owners - as long as Rafa was at the helm, and have only raised their voices in complaint now that Rafa has gone.

In other words the debate could go on forever - both sides accusing each other of hypocrisy now - and it just shows how polarised we have become as a fanbase. I'm hopeful that Roy or whoever is appoointed can get us all pointing in the same direction.

I also personally hope we never again have a situation where some of our fanbase see their loyalty as belonging to a man rather than a club.

Edited by Royal Family