You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Roy Hodgson Thread

BexBissel

Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?  

346 members have voted

1. 1. Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?

Hodgson's appointment has got Dalglish written all over it IMO. That's how he thinks - for better or worse - he's a traditional British manager from the old school. If Dalglish was ever going to have the final say it was going to be Woy or O'Neill IMO.

Nobody is telling you what to do you, I am just asking you to take on board what I am saying.

We are all being led up the garden path by the owners and the banks.

While we all continue to debate about the managerial situation, they leak fabricated stories that the club will be sold within 6-8 weeks to buy them more time and breathing space, so that they can sign and seal a 12 month extension to the refinancing deal with the RBS without any protest from supporters.

So what's changed between the employment of one of the top managers in Europe - the Spanish Rafael Benitez to the employment of a manager who has been mediocre throughout his almost three decades in football management - the Englishman Roy Hodgson?

Why couldn't we redirect our Ire at the manager who was previously here saving the club an approximate £8.5 Mill?????

Guest TK-421

Here are the yes man's yes men:

2005 √, Antynwa, belarus, benno2, bobster, Crazyhorse7778 √, Dante √, DMS, Dracco, dravid, Duff Man, Ezekiel 25:17, Fowlers God √, Hooch √, howard83, john23liverpool, Jokerman, KinskiRage, kopite1989, LFCFanbymistake, LFD, Lopez Ufarte, Markmywords, Njr √, Original202 √, Pidge, Pistonbroke, RafaLaBamba, Red Dawn √, Soleilrouge, stringvest √, Strontium Dog √, TheBitch, Yerma'satexan!, ZonkoVille77

I'm going with a tentative yes.

Once you adjust you're opinion of the club and it's position in world football from what we were used to 2 years ago, it's clear to me that we need to start again with the basics.

Hodgson seems like the man to do that.

I'd have been happier with Dalglish though

I dont want Woy and if he is appointed it shows how fucked our club really is. All the fuckin mancs I work with are buzzin off us have Woy as manager but I will support him but as others have said we need to get these fuckin' yank cunts out before we can start to sort this fuckin mess out.

And this is the last time I post a picture of an owl (only because it makes me laugh)

owl-threat-display-cp-to-mothman-sketch.jpg

He has gone John. Get over it.

In any case. Rafa's worst season came SIX years into the job. His Liverpool career was hardly in it's infancy was it? It would have been more understandable if it was.

I'm well over it.

You wanted Benitez out,and now we've ot Hodgson.

You reap what you sow.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Could be worse, we could still have Benitez.

Yeah, we could still have a manager that has won league and European titles. That'd be really shit.

Guest PurpleNose
Yeah, we could still have a manager that has won league and European titles. That'd be really shit.

Don't be ridiculous.

We're clearly in a much better position now.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Don't be ridiculous.

We're clearly in a much better position now.

I fear there might be a hint or sarcasm in that post.

*steps away in fear*

if it wasn't so tragic it would be funny.

I remain convinced that Hodgson will not last long at all. I think this kind of appointment will do further damage to the club. The conditions are just not right, the majority of fans are scepitcal and it's over Kenny's head. it's nearly impossible for Hodgson to succeed.

More importantly, what is his vision? what players does he want to sign? what target does he have in mind for the season? we haven't even interviewed him and Purslow is offering him the job?

Of course he's just delighted to be mentioned in the same breath, when your stock is high it's high particularly when you have a board who are more interested in what the crazed, backstabbing UK media have to stay or who they rate as a good manager.

If Purslow was around in 04 he would be appointing Curbs and not even looking at Benitez