You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

England v Slovenia

RedinSweden

Sending on that anti-footballer Heskey to defend desperately a 1-0 lead and celebrated like mad at the final whistle in what is piss-easy group. Fucking wankers. They are going out on pens to the German next and they deserve it.

Someone should have reminded the idiots they needed a second goal.

England are in the last 16; deal with it.

I thought they played well considering the massive pressure they were under. Capello's seen it all in his career and even he was feeling the pressure big time.

Yeah you could tell how relieved he was in his interview after.

I am listening to the commentry on BBC HD and they are talking about what a good performance, but we only beat them by 1 goal. The performance was good and better than we have been playing, but for gods sake there are only 2 million people in Slovenia...

Yeah, there's only 1.5 million people in the Merseyside area and look at the players it's produced: Gerrard, Rooney, Carragher and Warnock alone in the current England squad.

Slovenia are no mugs, if they were that shit why are England the only team in the group who managed to beat them?

England should have scored 4 or 5 today, it was a very good performance even if the hanging on for grim death at the end was typically England (and LFC for that matter).

Yeah, there's only 1.5 million people in the Merseyside area and look at the players it's produced: Gerrard, Rooney, Carragher and Warnock alone in the current England squad.

Slovenia are no mugs, if they were that shit why are England the only team in the group who managed to beat them?

England should have scored 4 or 5 today, it was a very good performance even if the hanging on for grim death at the end was typically England (and LFC for that matter).

exactly.

They were mate. Lawrenson sounded like the prick that he is. England were shite against an average side. Whoever the main commentator was said that it was like a Premier League Side up against 3rd division, very disrespectable.

I agree.

Whilst England are rather shite, they're certainly not as poor as 3rd division teams. That commentator should be ashamed of himself.

England are in the last 16; deal with it.

I spent the last 60 minutes begging for a second goal. Avoiding Germany in the round of 16 and Argentina in the QF is kind of a huge incentive. But the fuckers couldn't do, and they acted like winning a trophy for beating Slovenia. Wankers.

I agree.

Whilst England are rather shite, they're certainly not as poor as 3rd division teams. That commentator should be ashamed of himself.

Yes, that was like some comment from the 1970s. And the US team are one of those really disciplined teams that no one should regard as a pushover. Such arrogance these days.

Happy days, I'm made up.

I've got no problems with the players celebrating making it to the last 16 of the World cup regardless of how it's been done.

Hope we can avoid ze Germans if possible but it's great to be there in the knockouts.

How did Ireland get on?

Oh, wait...

Ireland should be number 33.

The US did too, not for an incredibly incompetent call by the Malian ref.

No they didn't, and that's that. We can revisit history and change it and say if not for this and that. It happened. Fuck off.

And is that a hint of racism I detect in your incredibly incompetent statement?

we're through thats the main thing, bring on the Germans or whoever, could even bring a better performance than what we've seen so far, we played well in general but a better team would've punished us for not scoring more

as for Rooney "the saviour" absolute shite again, one miskick from a good oppurtunity and missed a sitter, Johnson seemed to be shitting himself at first but ended up having a good game can't believe he was booked, Milner's crossing was excellent, was Defoe's goal his first touch?

I spent the last 60 minutes begging for a second goal. Avoiding Germany in the round of 16 and Argentina in the QF is kind of a huge incentive. But the fuckers couldn't do, and they acted like winning a trophy for beating Slovenia. Wankers.

Its the biggest competition on the planet, i would celebarte getting into the last 16 also, we played well against a decent side, we nearly scored a second on numerous occasions, of course the last 10 minutes would be nervy but they came through it, give them a fucking break.

No they didn't, and that's that. We can revisit history and change it and say if not for this and that. It happened. Fuck off.

And is that a hint of racism I detect in your incredibly incompetent statement?

Racist? Calling incompetence incompetent is racist now? Oy the delicate flowers.

Racist? Calling incompetence incompetent is racist now? Oy the delicate flowers.

I'm sorry, but there was only one ref for the game and I doubt we would have had trouble identifying him as being called "ref" rather than "Malian ref". Which then leads to the inference that the Malian bit had something to do with the incompetence?

I'm sorry, but there was only one ref for the game and I doubt we would have had trouble identifying him as being called "ref" rather than "Malian ref". Which then leads to the inference that the Malian bit had something to do with the incompetence?

Stop being so precious, it was nowhere near being percieved as a racist comment any more so than commentators stating the nationality of Ref's during any game or are they racists as well?

Well done, England. Stevie looked really good today, Rooney looked less shite than previosuly. If we do get Germany, then so be it. Might do the team good to play a team noone expects them to beat. And to be honest I don't give a fuck if we go out to the Fritzes now or in the semi - we have to beat the best teams to win the cup in any case.

I'm sorry, but there was only one ref for the game and I doubt we would have had trouble identifying him as "ref" rather than "Malian ref". Which then leads to the inference that the Malian bit had something to do with the incompetence?

No, his incompetence has nothing to do with his being Malian, his lack of exposure to top level football however may have played a big role in his lack of competency. Happy? When I called Obrero and Hansson incompetent Nordic ref, was I being racist too?

Well done, England. Stevie looked really good today, Rooney looked less shite than previosuly. If we do get Germany, then so be it. Might do the team good to play a team noone expects them to beat. And to be honest I don't give a fuck if we go out to the Fritzes now or in the semi - we have to beat the best teams to win the cup in any case.

We'll beat Germany