You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vuvuzelas could still be banned. Here's hoping.

ReddOrDedd

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're a mighty instrument indeed and I understand If some of you are afraid of them. It's like white men who envy Black Men. It's deeply rooted in western culture and starts at an early age, about the time of puberty. About the age 10,11,12or 13 boys tend to start checking other boys out to see how they measure up. Usually the more mature better hung boys tend to be more dominant and are looked up to by the other boys. I'm a Caucasian man with a 7" dick, so I am even shorter than your husband (although probably thicker). On top of that I was a late bloomer, I didn't start puberty until at least 14. I was very intimidated and uncomfortable in the showers. Then about the time i was starting to grow a little and feel a little bit better I started high school. Talk about culture shock .The 1st day of gym ,walking into the showers and seeing Black "Vuvuzulas" for the first time was a life changing experience. FUCK!! A lot of these horns were huge. Even the white boys who were considered big in 9th grade were small or at best average compared to a lot of these trumpets. It's deeply rooted.

They're a mighty instrument indeed and I understand If some of you are afraid of them. It's like white men who envy Black Men. It's deeply rooted in western culture and starts at an early age, about the time of puberty. About the age 10,11,12or 13 boys tend to start checking other boys out to see how they measure up. Usually the more mature better hung boys tend to be more dominant and are looked up to by the other boys. I'm a Caucasian man with a 7" dick, so I am even shorter than your husband (although probably thicker). On top of that I was a late bloomer, I didn't start puberty until at least 14. I was very intimidated and uncomfortable in the showers. Then about the time i was starting to grow a little and feel a little bit better I started high school. Talk about culture shock .The 1st day of gym ,walking into the showers and seeing Black "Vuvuzulas" for the first time was a life changing experience. FUCK!! A lot of these horns were huge. Even the white boys who were considered big in 9th grade were small or at best average compared to a lot of these trumpets. It's deeply rooted.

Who let this gay boy loose on the forum?

He started a thread on the "other side" about men!?

What the fuck?????

http://www.surfpoeten.de/tube/vuvuzela_filter

Its in german, but basically it says that the sound of the vuvuzela is a B flat of 233 Hz and that you can filter this frequency and its higher octaves easily with a Channel EQ. Switch on monitoring and you can listen with only a slight delay to the picture.

Website includes a sound sample Before > After filter was applied

This man is a genius.

Vuvuzela-Filter

Its in german, but basically it says that the sound of the vuvuzela is a B flat of 233 Hz and that you can filter this frequency and its higher octaves easily with a Channel EQ. Switch on monitoring and you can listen with only a slight delay to the picture.

Website includes a sound sample Before > After filter was applied

Looks good. Now while they're working on eradicating monotonous 90-minute drones can someone get cracking on a MickMcCarthy_Filter before I have to drive to South Africa and deck the cunt.

Looks good. Now while they're working on eradicating monotonous 90-minute drones can someone get cracking on a MickMcCarthy_Filter before I have to drive to South Africa and deck the cunt.

I'd prefer it if you went to South Africa and decked the cunt to be honest, I'll chip in with the air fare too.

I had to laugh, talksport was on in work this morning and they had the basic biff knuckle-head Ronnie Irani moaning about it, backed up by a fleet of mongs from the home counties saying how it is destroying their World Cup. Who do we think we are? Demanding a ban on something that is synonymous with African culture and sport just because it's a bit uncomfortable on the ears for the poor arm chair fans in the UK. Bollocks, the arrogance of this nation is astounding.

The irony of the Vuvuzela matter is that the majority of people blowing these things in the stadium will be English, American, Dutch, German etc etc who are jumping on the bandwagon when they are over there, not South Africans.

If the din of the Vuvuzela pisses off a load of armchair fans over here then great, the more the better. If it equally means we havn't got to listen to that gang of inbred retards playing "the great escape" and an out of tune pathetic excuse for "ring of fire" over and over again all match then I have nothing but praise for the Vuvuzela.

Who do we think we are? Demanding a ban on something that is synonymous with African culture and sport just because it's a bit uncomfortable on the ears for the poor arm chair fans in the UK. Bollocks, the arrogance of this nation is astounding.

It's not synonomous with African culture at all. Can we stop peddling this bollocks because it just isn't true. And nobody is saying they can't have them in African sport. But the World Cup isn't African sport. It belongs to the world. And all cultures should shine. Africa are merely the hosts.

It's not synonomous with African culture at all. Can we stop peddling this bollocks because it just isn't true. And nobody is saying they can't have them in African sport. But the World Cup isn't African sport. It belongs to the world. And all cultures should shine. Africa are merely the hosts.

Where does it come from then? It's a sound I've always been used to when ever I've seen clips of sport events in Africa.

Where does it come from then? It's a sound I've always been used to when ever I've seen clips of sport events in Africa.

I've never heard it blown like that at say, an African Cup of Nations finals. I've heard bands, horns, trumpets, singing, cheering, the usual ... but never continuous blowing of vuvuzela's.

Absolutely spot on. Please please stop with the culture bollocks, it isn't true.

I've not heard them (at least not to anywhere near this extent) in any of the African Cup of Nations games I've seen or in any of the South African rugby games I've seen. As far as I'm aware it's local to South African football and is a fairly recent phenomenon.

Also, it's hardly just the UK moaning about them, the whole fucking world hates them. Just have a look at a few international football forums for evidence of that.

It's still something tied in with African sport, even if the impact of them has always been to a lesser extent than at the World Cup. That ties in with what I said about the majorityof people blowing them now being foreigners jumping on the bandwagon.

It doesn't bother me, it's a world cup in Africa and this particular feature will be somthong people will forever associate with it. It's given it an identity. Talk of bans just because it pisses off the armchair audience is rediculous in my opinion.

I've never heard it blown like that at say, an African Cup of Nations finals. I've heard bands, horns, trumpets, singing, cheering, the usual ... but never continuous blowing of vuvuzela's.

Vuvuzela - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Origin

This type of plastic horn or trumpet has been used in Mexican stadiums since the 1970s.[citation needed] Originally made out of tin, the vuvuzela became popular in South Africa in the 1990s. Well-known Kaizer Chiefs F.C. fan Freddie "Saddam" Maake claims to have invented the vuvuzela by adapting an aluminium version as early as 1965 from a bicycle horn after removing the black rubber to blow with his mouth. He later found it to be too short and joined a pipe to make it longer. Maake has photos of him in the 1970s and 1980s at local South African games and international games in 1992 and 1996 and at the 1998 World Cup in France, holding the aluminium vuvuzela. He says the instrument was banned as authorities ruled it a dangerous weapon, which prompted him to find a plastic company that could manufacture it.[17]

In 2001, South Africa-based company Masincedane Sport began to mass-produce a plastic version.[18][19] Neil van Schalkwyk, the co-owner of Masincedane Sport, won the SAB KickStart Award in 2001.[20]

Vuvuzelas have been said to be based on kudu horn instruments and thus rooted in African history, but this is disputed.[21][18] During the entire match, supporters blow vuvuzelas frantically in an attempt to "kill off" their opponents.[22][23]

It's still something tied in with African sport, even if the impact of them has always been to a lesser extent than at the World Cup. That ties in with what I said about the majorityof people blowing them now being foreigners jumping on the bandwagon.

It doesn't bother me, it's a world cup in Africa and this particular feature will be somthong people will forever associate with it. It's given it an identity. Talk of bans just because it pisses off the armchair audience is rediculous in my opinion.

It doesn't just piss off the armchair fans though, many players and coaches have complained and I noticed particularly at the Italy game the other night that there were an awful lot of visiting fans coming in having to wear some form of earphones or ear muffs to block out the noise. Besides which, the 'armchair fan' invest heavily through advertising and this particular World Cup for example, is being run at a loss by FIFA and the organising committee, and is being propped up by revenue gained from broadcasters and sponsors.

I make you right with regards other teams' fans blowing it as much as the South Africans though, it certainly appears that way to me too. I don't think they could ban something on what might be considered 'aesthetic' grounds, but they (FIFA) could certainly have done something before the World Cup to ban them serruptitiously, on crowd safety grounds for example.

I'm happy for those that can block it or out or who have got used to it to an extent, but it is seriously damaging a lot of people's enjoyment of the world's biggest sporting event, just so a few thousand people inside the stadiums can blow cheap plastic horns.