You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It looks Like Kuyt is leaving for Inter so....

Guest Super Sub

Guest Super Sub

shall we all stop being polite and stop mugging ourselves and admit what we have known all along that the guy is fucking crap. Not only that but he is also a major part of what has been wrong with our squad over the last few seasons.

Running around like a headless chicken I can do that, if kuyt had a bit more about him and if he was as good or as usefull that we kid ourselves into thinking would would have won number 6 in Athens, and the title last year.

Am I alone in thinking this or does anyone else share my views?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shall we all stop being polite and stop mugging ourselves and admit what we have known all along that the guy is fucking crap. Not only that but he is also a major part of what has been wrong with our squad over the last few seasons.

Running around like a headless chicken I can do that, if kuyt had a bit more about him and if he was as good or as usefull that we kid ourselves into thinking would would have won number 6 in Athens, and the title last year.

I am with ya m8 ;)

Not of the standard required by us but your diservice to him shows the total lack of knowledge in a large part of our fan base.

He works his arse off and has been a useful utility man and for that I can't fault him, lovely guy and have a lot of respect for him as a person.

As a right winger I don't think he was cut out for the premiership. Decent goals and assists return and played some great stuff with Arbeloa in 08/09, but for me that didn't counter-balance his lack of pace, occasional poor control and inability to beat a man.

Still, fair play to him, one of those who always looks like he gives everything when he puts the shirt on. Whatever his qualities or deficiencies are he deserves credit for that, and I'll wish him all the best at Inter if he goes.

Wasn't great, but how about we remember all his last gast goals instead? The guy is a starter for the Dutch national team and might be bought by the reigning Italian and European champs- so not as bad as many on this forum want him to be.

Guest Super Sub
Not of the standard required by us but your diservice to him shows the total lack of knowledge in a large part of our fan base.

And how is that? He has his uses but he wouldn't get into either Chavs, United or Aresenals squad.

His second touch is normally a tackle to get the ball back but he does do a decent job but he isn't the ideal player to do the job we had him doing.

Guest TesticleOReilly
He works his arse off and has been a useful utility man and for that I can't fault him, lovely guy and have a lot of respect for him as a person.

As a right winger I don't think he was cut out for the premiership. Decent goals and assists return and played some great stuff with Arbeloa in 08/09, but for me that didn't counter-balance his lack of pace, occasional poor control and inability to beat a man.

Still, fair play to him, one of those who always looks like he gives everything when he puts the shirt on. Whatever his qualities or deficiencies are he deserves credit for that, and I'll wish him all the best at Inter if he goes.

Nail on head.

And how is that? He has his uses but he wouldn't get into either Chavs, United or Aresenals squad.

His second touch is normally a tackle to get the ball back but he does do a decent job but he isn't the ideal player to do the job we had him doing.

He does a decent job but is fucking crap?

Read my post.

Say what you want about the fella, but he was a crucial part in our success in Europe over the years, and despite his obvious failings he always gave his all and was a modern professional.

I'd be sad to see him go.

PS. Who actually said he was leaving?

Guest Super Sub
He does a decent job but is fucking crap?

Read my post.

I should have probably given him the credit for his work rate and commitment and maybe I was a bit hard on him, but he lacks skill, and skill is what makes the difference between winning and losing.

When I apeared to contradict myself I was talking about the way he lacks the skill to make us winners and he only depends on his work rate.

Kuyt is a good player who works hard but shouldn't of played as much as he did, I wouldn't mind if he stayed as a squad player but most fans with a preference for a different style of football than what we witnessed under Benitez would prefer a more skillful and pacey winger down the flanks, but I wouldn't call Dirk crap.

I don't see him leaving to be honest.

He was the second best wideman in the league two seasons ago in terms of his return and was far from our bottom 5 performers last year

It would be great to have someone with pace, who can drop his shoulder and get to the line (Lennon in a fantasy world) but their aren't many of them about

In fact if they've got any in Holland then they don't reckon they're as good as Dirk as he'll be starting for them this summer.

If we get a top top left winger (Again in fantasy world, no money = no signings) then Kuyt adds good balance and his deficiencies could be accomodated

Kuyt was bought as a successful striker in Holland.

Deployed for the most part in right midfield role by Benitez.

IE played out of position for the lions share of his time at LFC.

Wasnt hugley prolific, but when he did score, it usually was in a game that mattered.

He loved playing for Liverpool and is a decent bloke.

I wish him well.

However quite why he wants to follow the bloke that turned him in to a workhorse midfielder god only knows. I guess they are both more suited to the cagey rubbish that is the Italian league.

I'm interested to see what tune a new manger can get out of the likes of Babel and Lucas.

Lucas looked very good when allowed to play higher up the pitch last year.

Now that Benitez has gone, some of our existing squad will hopefully be viewing this as a fresh start at the club as we've got fuck all money for anyone else.

I should have probably given him the credit for his work rate and commitment and maybe I was a bit hard on him, but he lacks skill, and skill is what makes the difference between winning and losing.

When I apeared to contradict myself I was talking about the way he lacks the skill to make us winners and he only depends on his work rate.

Probably give him credit? Why wouldn't you give him any credit at all?

Skill and application. One area he didn't quite match the level we needed or crave. The other at times the season he pissed all over a club legend like Gerrard.

Like I said the lack of knowledge in a large part of our fan base scares the shite out of me.

Guest Super Sub

Dirk Kuyt is a medioca player and any medioca player will get a few goals, but what I am saying if you look at the bigger picture, it'snot the Chavs and United games that lost us the league it was the lack of goals which was caused by lack of creativity.