You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Maxi------------Gerrard---------New player-----------New player

--------------------------Cole------------------------

--------------------------Torres----------------------

That would be an exciting line up next season and the Mascherano funds can be used to buy a left winegr and centre midfielder replacement.

Young and Senna would be my choice.

Then we still have other sellable assets such as Riera, Babel and possibly Lucas, Kuyt or Skrtel - to use as squad players or sell to improve other areas of the squad, such as left back, back up striker or upgrade their own positions.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maxi------------Gerrard---------New player-----------New player

--------------------------Cole------------------------

--------------------------Torres----------------------

That would be an exciting line up next season and the Mascherano funds can be used to buy a left winegr and centre midfielder replacement.

Surely we could give Aquilani a few weeks at the start of the season to prove himself? You know, new manager, new tactics (more attacking?), full pre-season under his belt?

I know I saw glimpses last season that, when he wasn't confined to defensive midfielder #2, the boy could pick a pass and score a goal.

Surely we could give Aquilani a few weeks at the start of the season to prove himself? You know, new manager, new tactics (more attacking?), full pre-season under his belt?

I know I saw glimpses last season that, when he wasn't confined to defensive midfielder #2, the boy could pick a pass and score a goal.

Of course.

Would be nice to have Aquilani and Cole competing for that role.

Of course with Cole also being used on the left or right at times.

All about depth, competition and options.

Of course.

Would be nice to have Aquilani and Cole competing for that role.

Of course with Cole also being used on the left or right at times.

All about depth, competition and options.

Well cole is saying he wants to play in the middle so i can't see that happening. I'd rather have aquilani personally, he seems to have a better footballing brain.

If cole really wants to play in the middle then the only place he can go is arsenal i would have thought. At spurs they had modric in his position, and modric is better than cole that's for sure.

I bet Hodgson wishes he had some money and a club that was in a healthy state too.

Why do people think Cole is joining us again?

Should have stayed at Fulham then.

Wasn't like none of this has been documented anywhere, has it.:whistle:

Why do people think Cole is joining us again?

Because he could play regular football alongside some of the best players in the world in Reina, Gerrard and Torres... possibly Mascherano.

Sick of our fans under selling our club, the media do enough of that.

We've still got a bloody good team and Liverpool FC is still a big name and Cole has said things about our club on Sky before and playing every other week at Anfield must be tempting for a player.

So we've no reason to think he's gonna sign for us, except some would like him to?

Well Man U have ruled themselves out.

He has said he wants to play central, in his favoured position.

I think we have as good a chance as any other team, if Roy will give him what he wants - that central position behind Torres.

If not, then I think he'll probably go to Spurs or Arsenal to stay in London.

I was hoping someone credible had reported he was joining or something.

No that hasn't happened, but equally they haven't ruled us out, mainly because by the sounds of it, he hasn't decided yet.

I think LFC and Hodgson would be a good choice for Cole. He can get regular football here particularly in a central role, and he can get games out wide no problem as well. He can work with an english manager who'll show him the affection he says he craves, and get on with his football. Play with some big names as well, but he has to drop his wage demands. I would be happy to take him on at £50-60k a week.