You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny or Woy

KevieG

If it has to be one, who do you want  

213 members have voted

1. 1. If it has to be one, who do you want

Obviously one is the greatest legend of them all who has done it all and one is a decent manager with a proven recent track record albeit at a lower level. There are pros and cons for both. I think we all know what they are. But I'm genuinely torn on what would be the best move for the club here?

Opinions...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If these are the clubs only options and sadly it's looking increasingly likely then I would choose Kenny.

The first thing that should be done in that case is to get a proven top class right hand man. My choice would be to either bring Pako back if he would come or Steve Clarke.

But it's still far from ideal.

If these are the clubs only options and sadly it's looking increasingly likely then I would choose Kenny.

The first thing that should be done in that case is to get a proven top class right hand man. My choice would be to either bring Pako back if he would come or Steve Clarke.

But it's still far from ideal.

Would love to see Pako back but Steve Fuckin Clarke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish i could neg you

Heart says Dalglish

Head says Hodgson.

Remember, Dalglish made a fucking mess of Newscastle and bought some absolute shite.

Hodgson would not be my first choice but on a short contract I dont think its a gamble. I would rather have Hodgson than O'Neill.

I think until we are taken over by someone with decent money we will not attract a big time manager. So in the short term I think it isnt a bad appointement if made.

roy - who won 1 away game in the league last year no thanks. we were poor enough away from home under Rafa under hodgson it would be another step backward negative and boring ive had enough of that.. kenny please

Heart says Dalglish

Head says Hodgson.

Remember, Dalglish made a fucking mess of Newscastle and bought some absolute shite.

Terrible fucking mess, coming second then beating Barcelona in the Champions League and getting to the FA cup final.

And those players he bought like Solano, Speed and Given who were binned off as soon as he left ...

Not saying he was a roaring success, but I would call it a mixed bag at worst.

Heart says Dalglish

Head says Hodgson.

Hodgson would not be my first choice but on a short contract I dont think its a gamble. I would rather have Hodgson than O'Neill.

I think until we are taken over by someone with decent money we will not attract a big time manager. So in the short term I think it isnt a bad appointement if made.

That's unfair, he guided them into second place when it was a two horse race between us & Utd. He got them to the Cup final and had some great games in Europe notably against Barca. He also signed long term greats for Newcastle Solano, Speed & Given.

Also Shearer was out for most of his time there as well.

Terrible fucking mess, coming second then beating Barcelona in the Champions League and getting to the FA cup final.

And those players he bought like Solano, Speed and Given who were binned off as soon as he left ...

Not saying he was a roaring success, but I would call it a mixed bag at worst.

Mixed bag alright. 2nd in 1997, 13th in 1998.

Mixed bag alright. 2nd in 1997, 13th in 1998.

Yes, but it's ok to come fifth if you win the CL. Ok, so he didn't win a cup but he did get to a final. Bit like Hodgson this season. No-one really thinks the league result was important because of the great Europa League run. Ask a Fulham fan and you'll see what I mean.

Dalglish has not managed a premier league side for nearly 10 years. In my opinion that is too long not being involved day to day to just come back in and start challenging for honours straight away (and lets be honest thats what some fans would expect the minute he was announced!!). I think the game has moved on so much in the last 10 years that I personally dont think Dalglish would be the right decision.

Hodgson has been managing in all that time and has done well with Fulham 7th and 13th with them and taking them to their first ever European Final is in my opinion a success!! The guy is still extremely popular in Milan from his spell with Inter where he took over a struggling side without any real star names and finished in the top 3 and left a side that eventually went on to greater things. It could be said that he would inherit a similar situation at Liverpool.

Lets get one thing straight yes he is no Mourinho or Hiddink but big names/reputations have come to these shores in the past and failed (Ramos, Scolari, Eriksson etc..) at least Hodgson is proven in the English game....I think Dalglish has been out of it too long and the game has moved on from that generation of manager Dalglish, Graham etc...

Hodgson for me

Yes, but it's ok to come fifth if you win the CL. Ok, so he didn't win a cup but he did get to a final. Bit like Hodgson this season. No-one really thinks the league result was important because of the great Europa League run. Ask a Fulham fan and you'll see what I mean.

I know, mate. I wouldn't judge him on league finishes anyway as I think there's more to a manager than just their track record. It's just funny how some people are discounting Hodgson because Fulham finished 12th yet you'd think Kenny's record was perfect.

You can make almost any manager's record look better or worse than it is by being selective, though.

Heart says Dalglish

Head says Hodgson.

They would love to be in that kind of mess now.

Kenny returning would give hope - even if we crash and burn I would rather that than a steady, dull season under Roy next year. The club needs a lift, and only the King can deliver that with our meagre budget.