You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go back an read your first post, you brought Rafa up.

No I showed what 'getting shit' is like, having reservations is not getting shit. Sorry anyway, ill forget Id rather have Kenny in everyday of the week because you say so mate, please dont label me a Rafapologist for not wanting Roy fucking Hodgson, is it any wonder there are already arguments over his appointment with muppets like you trying to shout anyone down as some sort of whinger about the ex manager. I couldnt give a fuck

Don't think Roy or Kenny is the answer to be honest. Need yanks to fuck off and get Gus in!! Putting Roy or Kenny in this position now could ruin both of their reputations. Rather remember King Kenny for the glory years and am a bit concerned that he is getting too closely involved with twats like Purslow!!!

Don't think Roy or Kenny is the answer to be honest. Need yanks to fuck off and get Gus in!! Putting Roy or Kenny in this position now could ruin both of their reputations. Rather remember King Kenny for the glory years and am a bit concerned that he is getting too closely involved with twats like Purslow!!!

Gus-Poyet-001.jpg

Interesting..

He's gonna be the new manager so support him or just fuck off.

thats the sort of answer id expect from a narrow minded fuckwit so im suprised it came from someone who makes some good posts on this forum !!

its my opinion i refuse to set standards as low as good old roy i think even in our situation we can do better whats wrong with that? If push came to shove then yeah id support him but it does not mean id have to agree with him being manager or even deserve to be liverpool manager and over the 35 years ive supported LFC its safe to say there are a few managers i have not agreed with.

thats the sort of answer id expect from a narrow minded fuckwit so im suprised it came from someone who makes some good posts on this forum !!

its my opinion i refuse to set standards as low as good old roy i think even in our situation we can do better whats wrong with that? If push came to shove then yeah id support him but it does not mean id have to agree with him being manager or even deserve to be liverpool manager and over the 35 years ive supported LFC its safe to say there are a few managers i have not agreed with.

He's not my first choice either, but if he's appointed, he's gonna have my full support. You need to do likewise. How about giving him a chance? Seriously think he can do any worse than what Rafa achieved, or should I say not achieved last season. At the very least, we should finally have a team playing to it's strengths and have an actual gameplan.

Ok, I'm gonna play along here. Name me another top class manager (not Kenny) who will come to us in our current situation?

Last time I checked it was only Sven who has thrown his name in the hat.

:thumbsup:

I agree totally, however...

Inter Milan

Before the European Championships, Hodgson joined Italian Serie A giants Inter Milan, where he worked from 1995 to 1997. He presided over a rebuilding phase. Inter had finished 13th and 6th in the seasons prior to his arrival. After a terrible start to the season, Hodgson was brought in and guided the club to a 7th place finish in the 1995–96 season, qualifying for the UEFA Cup. The 1996–97 season saw Inter finish 3rd and reach the 1997 UEFA Cup Final, losing on penalties over two legs. Hodgson says of his time at Inter, "We lacked stars, apart from Paul Ince. It wasn't the Inter we see today of household names. They weren't the best technically but physically they were like machines. The Premier League is like that now, but back then Italy was far ahead."[4] The side Hodgson built would go on to win the UEFA Cup in 1998 and finish runner-up in Serie A under his successor, Luigi Simoni.

Roy Hodgson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But for some reason in me, i just feel that he wont be able to replicate that here. right now we need inspiration and passion, and he seems way too... nice to give that to us.

not to mention that his recent results have showed us nothing to indicate that he has what it takes, the Inter period could have just been an anomoly, such as many believe Rafa's first and last seasons here.

He's not my first choice either, but if he's appointed, he's gonna have my full support. You need to do likewise. How about giving him a chance? Seriously think he can do any worse than what Rafa achieved, or should I say not achieved last season. At the very least, we should finally have a team playing to it's strengths and have an actual gameplan.

Ok, I'm gonna play along here. Name me another top class manager (not Kenny) who will come to us in our current situation?

Last time I checked it was only Sven who has thrown his name in the hat.

He's not top class. Thats the problem.

The fact only Sven has taken a step forward speaks volumes to the state the club is in and how much those in footballing circles know about it.

To a man they have all distanced themselves from it. Most probably had an idea that Rafa was gonna leave, Mourinho even said he wouldn't go there as long as C&A were still there.

I'd rather Sven because at least he's won leagues playing good football, but its just all the other baggage that comes with it.

Where the hell is Frank Rykarrd?

Getting lectures about 'supporting the team' from someone who wanted Rafa out because he wasn't English. Fuck off!

You deserve a lot of praise over what you have done for supporters, particularly with regards David Moores, but I won't take lectures over getting behind Roy.

If the club makes the decision that is in the interests of the club I will support anyone, if they make their decisions based on what is good for them, they can fuck off.

And if we have to suffer on the pitch to rid ourselves of them, so be it.

He's gone. Get over it, you big girl.

You're right he has gone, unfortunately all the whinging pricks who have acted like ikkle spoilts brats for the past two years are still here!

I don't particularly care at the moment, they could close the doors tomorrow and I am not sure that I will care too much.

The shit spoke on hear about Hodgson is a joke, If Hodgson takes the Job why does he deserve so much shit? Because Rafa was sacked? Nobody knows If he will be good or bad, But it seems so many want him to fuck up just to prove a point.

I'm going to give Roy support if he gets it like I would Dalglish.

Absolutely. I don't quite understand the level of vitriol against him, I've heard a fair few people say that they would be finished with the club until the owners are gone if Roy is appointed, what kind of fucked up logic is that? The owners were there this time last month and this time last year when Rafa was the manager, they'll be here this time next month whether it's Hodgson or Capello or Hiddink or whoever, why does it become a problem only if Hodgson is in charge? I like the man, I think he's an excellent coach and a good man and I think he'd do a good a job here. It's fair enough if people are of the opposite opinion, but I just cannot believe the vociferous criticism he's recieving, it's completely unjustified.

The fact only Sven has taken a step forward speaks volumes to the state the club is in and how much those in footballing circles know about it.

Once again: how do we know who has 'taken a step forward'? It's usual for such people to do so quietly behind the scenes, not trumpet it like Sven did (which wouldn't have gone down well at all). Top managers don't normally stick their hand up in the air and shout 'Oooh, please sir, me sir!' They get their agents to make discreet contact with a club, or, more often, they wait for the club to contact their agent.

Absolutely. I don't quite understand the level of vitriol against him, I've heard a fair few people say that they would be finished with the club until the owners are gone if Roy is appointed, what kind of fucked up logic is that? The owners were there this time last month and this time last year when Rafa was the manager, they'll be here this time next month whether it's Hodgson or Capello or Hiddink or whoever, why does it become a problem only if Hodgson is in charge? I like the man, I think he's an excellent coach and a good man and I think he'd do a good a job here. It's fair enough if people are of the opposite opinion, but I just cannot believe the vociferous criticism he's recieving, it's completely unjustified.

Yet if the owners were to sell Gerrard & Torres you would be up in arms, and demanding us to take action.

I fail to see the difference. The owners would still be the owners before they sold them.

Most of the abuse at Hodgson is a bit of banter regarding his pronouncing of the letter 'r'.

I personally have stated that i want a manager who prefers to attack teams and that his ethos is built around 'pass and move' football instead of trying to control a game by just keeping possesion and hoping a chance will come.

As a person i have a lot of time for Hodgson as i think he is a likeable character who without a doubt know his football.

From a footballing perspective i have seen how he plays football and his defensive tactics do work in Europe as he sets his teams out of be very strong in defence and play counter attacking football.

In the Premier League its a different story and Fulham's one win away last season is proof of this.

The problem i have is the chances are we will not be changing the way we play or our philosphy which then strikes me as why bother even making a change at all.

The only difference we will have is Hodgson will not make a fuss regards transfer budget etc.

Potentially the people most likely to benefit from the appointment is the owners as they will get an easier ride from the manager.

Whether it upsets people or not im afraid i can not shake the feeling of we are just downgrading.

If Hodgson is appointed regardless of my concerns i will still back him 100% as i would do any Liverpool manager.