Quantcast
Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life" - Page 495 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Section_31

Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life"

I don't know if it's true but I read somewhere that one in five ambulance service are private with more and more supposed to be heading that way, it kind of makes extending the response time seem obvious now. They will make it look more and more like the private sector hits its targets consistently where as in the past the NHS always struggled. That to one side.... Scum our politcians. They would sell us all down the river.

David Cameron has stressed his pride in the UK's "Christian values" in his annual Christmas message.

The prime minister said "giving, sharing and taking care of others" at home and around the world was something the UK could be depended upon for.

Patrick-Stewart-Laughter-Star-Trek.gif

• Upvote 1

Watching the best of not the nine o'clock news with my old dear on Gold, bit of nostalgia.

Sketch just been on in which the government remove all duty on certain items and put 100% on things like wheelchairs, white sticks and prosthetic limbs. Must be over 30 years old.

Same as it ever was. Depressing.

Is it true the rumour spread here n Mogadishu that D. Cameron was doing night visits to the Stone Cupboard where the poor Lady was kept. That's what they say that tories do

This is the kind of stories they tell children here in Africa to make them behave:

"Be quiet or I'll hand you to D. Cameron in england... have I told you what he is doing to children and old ladies. Well let me tell you the story. It was a cold rainy day in england when..?"

Nothing finer than sitting back with a glass of red wine, a mince pie, and watching how smoothly the privatised rail network is working in London on News 24.

Just waiting for the first person to die of frostbite in that massive queue outside Finsbury Park station.

• Upvote 1

The train companies are privatised. The rail network is fullly owned and operated by the government via Network Rail, which is largely responsible for the issues at Kings Cross/Finsbury Park (missing engineering work deadlines). 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The train companies are privatised. The rail network is fullly owned and operated by the government via Network Rail, which is largely responsible for the issues at Kings Cross/Finsbury Park (missing engineering work deadlines). 

It's not that simple. It's a company limited by guarantee which is underwritten by the government, and was only recalssified as public in September of this year to appease the regulatory bodies. It operates much like a private company and, whilst it doesn't distribute profit to shareholders it can redistribute profit to members. It's not a PLC.

Next you'll  be telling me BUPA is the NHS.

It's not that simple. It's a company limited by guarantee which is underwritten by the government, and was only recalssified as public in September of this year to appease the regulatory bodies. It operates much like a private company and, whilst it doesn't distribute profit to shareholders it can redistribute profit to members. It's not a PLC.

Next you'll  be telling me BUPA is the NHS.

Stu Monty has been quiet, I'm laying the blame with him.

A friend of mine is outside FP, she's not a happy lady.

Stu Monty has been quiet, I'm laying the blame with him.

A friend of mine is outside FP, she's not a happy lady.

I saw him perusing the GF. That's why I posted. I reckon it's his crew who are on it. When we get confirmation I'm calling the broadsheets...

Ok, I'll admit I smiled, but should Finsbury Park really be taking the piss on Twitter?

@TlfTravelAlerts: Last Christmas, We closed Finsbury Park, The very next day, Minor delays.” Heh.

EDIT: checked it out - not official but just an information group. Now I can actually laugh at it.

I saw him perusing the GF. That's why I posted. I reckon it's his crew who are on it. When we get confirmation I'm calling the broadsheets...

That video of the Japanese lowering an entire platform in 8 hrs probably got him over ambitious.

• Upvote 1

Unless you know of maintenance work that's going on in the area, and have a much deeper understanding of the relationship than you seem to be indicating, I'm pretty sure it'll be a private company that's fucked this up. In fact I've heard rumours about who it is and what the issue is. 

I'd not want to be in that job wash-up meeting. P45 material.

Unless you know of maintenance work that's going on in the area, and have a much deeper understanding of the relationship than you seem to be indicating, I'm pretty sure it'll be a private company that's fucked this up. In fact I've heard rumours about who it is and what the issue is. 

Leaves on the line?

Leaves on the line?

"The way the system works is -- the taxpayer takes the risk, carries out the investment for decades, finally something comes out that might be profitable and then the profit goes to the private sector. If we had anything remotely like capitalist systems they would adhere to the capitalist principle that if the investor takes the risk, the profit goes back to the investor. That's not the way it works here."

• Upvote 1

what's the rumoured issue Stu?

what's the rumoured issue Stu?

I saw a suggestion that a specific machine needed turned up 19 hours late. Might be bollocks but that's what I saw. It'll be a private renewals firm that's doing the job though, that's 99% certain.

• Upvote 1

Somebody must know his home address. Just get it on the internet. Then he can tell the workers why the company was fucked face-to-face, like a proper boss.

For me it's not about what he owns, but how he's gone about making them redundant - anyone with an ounce of empathy, even knowing how unpopular it would be, would have circulated a fax or email explaining the situation, at least offering an apology, and informing the workers they'd co-operate in any way possible to try to save jobs. Not leave it to News 24.

For me it's not about what he owns, but how he's gone about making them redundant - anyone with an ounce of empathy, even knowing how unpopular it would be, would have circulated a fax or email explaining the situation, at least offering an apology, and informing the workers they'd co-operate in any way possible to try to save jobs. Not leave it to News 24.

As it says in the article, he was going to inform the workforce on Boxing Day, and the unions leaked the news on Christmas Eve.

As it says in the article, he was going to inform the workforce on Boxing Day, and the unions leaked the news on Christmas Eve.

Oh spare me this bullshit. He waited until after they finished Christmas deliveries like a shithouse. He should have arranged to do it with the unions immediately he knew it was coming.