You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life"

Section_31

They do, but trains are used overwhelmingly more by the well-off.

Really?

Well I am not well off by any stretch but I used to have to get the train to Manchester everyday on less wages than I am on now. And judging by the people who had to stand for the majority of the way on a two carriage train the majority would appear to overwhelmingly not well off.

And your statement is like saying only the well off can afford to run a car.

We let in too many twats, says Bryant

SHADOW immigration minister Chris Bryant has admitted that too many twats have been allowed into the Labour Party.

"They just flooded in"

Bryant warned that the party was struggling to cope with a large influx of unskilled politicians who had set up their own Westminster ghetto and were taking jobs from people who might actually get rid of the Tories.

He said: “It’s time for the Labour Party to admit underestimating the effect of letting in hundreds of twats.

“It’s starting to feel like it isn’t the Labour Party anymore. Ed Miliband looks like some student union vice president who got into politics to lose his virginity and Harriet Harman is so posh she makes Joanna Lumley look like a Big Brother contestant.

“It’s time to put restrictions on entering the Labour party. From now on people will only be allowed in if they have some experience, however minor, of life outside politics and a genuine desire to be at least marginally different from the Tories.”

Labour will attempt to discourage smarmy political wannabes from joining by hiring a fleet of billboard vans with the message: ‘Don’t join the Labour Party, we’re already full. Of twats.’

Bryant added: “This used to be a nice party, but now we’ve been swamped with sharp-suited tossers who only care about being on telly and placating bigoted swing voters who read the Daily Mail unironically.

“Hey wait, this speech is different to the draft version I read last week. Are people fucking with me again?

“It’s OK Chris, be cool, take a deep breath and think.”

Fucking Eton idiots with this whole JSA bullshit. I'm out of work but have been given this "agreement" that I signed not long back, where I have to apply for 3 jobs a week, look for work every day, join their website, record everything I did, apply for jobs where I even have to travel 90mins to and from work if the job is right.

So I can't find any work that's right for me at the moment and it's triggering off depression and anxiety issues that I've had over the years several times. Next thing I'm doing is going to sign on next wednesday, and telling them that I haven't done anything in the agreement apart from look for work. "Actively seeking work." Will also explain that I have depression and anxiety issues and this "agreement" isn't helping.

Also that because of this I don't want to write a new agreement. I want a decision on whether or not they think my benefit should be stopped because I broke the current one first. In the mean time I'll just sign on and look for work as I see fit. Then if they decide to stop my benefit I'll appeal, then if that fails I'm taking the fuckers to court.

This issue is : I should be able to actively seek work but not have to apply for something if I think it affects my health regarding depression and anxiety starting off again. I don't want to go on sick benefit, I'm looking for work. So can I seek work and not have to apply for jobs if I only see stuff that isn't right for me? That if I applied for it I think there'd be a good chance of being ill again? If they can't resolve that then what about others in my situation? It has to be clear, so I'd like to see that in court if they can't resolve it properly. Just to see what happens.

Eton, corporation shafting fucking muppets.

I hope to god you don't have to deal with the useless cunts involved in ESA, if you could kill someone down a phone line I would have done it this afternoon.

I hope to god you don't have to deal with the useless cunts involved in ESA, if you could kill someone down a phone line I would have done it this afternoon.

I love the way you just throw out a little teaser for the rest of the story......

Just let rip............

Sure they do, but the people who spend most on rail fares are your distance commuters, business people, and so on - the better off.

No need to take my word for it, the stats will confirm it.

BBC News - Trains are a rich man's toy, says transport secretary

Let's face it, you have to be well off to travel regularly by rail. It's cheaper to fly to Spain than it is to get a train to London. And Spain isn't full of fucking cockneys (er, well, bits of it are, but ykwim).

Are you arguing it's a good thing that rail prices are sky high?

Sure they do, but the people who spend most on rail fares are your distance commuters, business people, and so on - the better off.

No need to take my word for it, the stats will confirm it.

BBC News - Trains are a rich man's toy, says transport secretary

Let's face it, you have to be well off to travel regularly by rail. It's cheaper to fly to Spain than it is to get a train to London. And Spain isn't full of fucking cockneys (er, well, bits of it are, but ykwim).

So what the Tories are saying is,"Hey you, you with the money, come and ride on our lovely shiny new train. It goes really fast and can get you anywhere quicker than the old diesel ones we used to make you sit on. We only want people like you, people with money let the plebs take the bus"

So what the Tories are doing is creating yet something else to alienate those that are not as well off to make sure the better off get their own train.

And do you believe there is nothing wrong with this?

Yes they were left money in the womans will, but I think she had the express intention that it would be spent on the greater public good and not on political parties campaign funds.

The solicitors said they spoke with the woman because the wording was ambiguous, and she specifically said it was to be left to the party in power when she died.

Are you arguing it's a good thing that rail prices are sky high?

Explaining reality does not necessarily mean one is happy with reality. It is, however, still reality.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You're a right gaggle of cunts. I don't know why I deign to discuss anything with you when you're only capable of hurling moronic insults at me for no sodding reason.

You see, I liked the term 'gaggle of cunts'. Then you had to go and ruin the moment with the 'deign to discuss anything with you' stuff. It's a love and hate relationship, isn't it.

You're a right gaggle of cunts. I don't know why I deign to discuss anything with you when you're only capable of hurling moronic insults at me for no sodding reason.

Maybe it's because when someone has a pop at two political parties clearly taking money that wasn't intended for them (I've seen the letter) your first instinct it to leap to the defence of your party.

She wanted it to go into back into the pot, clearly, not for the Tories and Lib Dems to pay for fucking flyers full of spin.

And being on here is something that you consider to be beneath you then Stronts?

It is when I'm getting abuse just for posting. Why should I willingly subject myself to that?

Maybe it's because when someone has a pop at two political parties clearly taking money that wasn't intended for them (I've seen the letter) your first instinct it to leap to the defence of your party.

She wanted it to go into back into the pot, clearly, not for the Tories and Lib Dems to pay for fucking flyers full of spin.

Her solicitor said he clarified it with her and she specifically said it was to go to the party in government.

If a solicitor comes to you and tells you that someone has left you some money, I don't understand what you're supposed to have done wrong, whether you're the Tories or the Lib Dems or Bob Smith.

It is when I'm getting abuse just for posting. Why should I willingly subject myself to that?

Her solicitor said he clarified it with her and she specifically said it was to go to the party in government.

If a solicitor comes to you and tells you that someone has left you some money, I don't understand what you're supposed to have done wrong, whether you're the Tories or the Lib Dems or Bob Smith.

Embarrassing. The idea that you would try to push the argument someone gives money to a political party (at random) and not to "the government", as in back in the pot, is pathetic.

Take the fucking rosette off and you'll get less shit. Disingenuous is an understatement.

"I want my money to go to a random party to make ads full of misrepresentations of the facts": Everyone's dream.

They know they were in the wrong, that's why they gave the money to the treasury, the slippery fucks. Not even Cameron agrees with your piss-weak stance.

To be fair you are not getting abuse for posting. Nobody gets abuse for just posting.

You get stick/abuse for some real sweeping statements about the Tory spin you never want to fight against, for always toeing the party line when it is clear for everyone to see that 9/10 it's wrong, for never wanting to do any research that may actually make you think "Hang on the fuck a minute".

What I can't get my head around is this comment from you

Explaining reality does not necessarily mean one is happy with reality. It is, however, still reality.

That is exactly what the majority on this thread does (explains reality), however we point out that we are not happy with it, won't accept it and will try and do something about it in many various ways we can.

You just give the impression, 'Well that is how it is, I am not happy but I am just going to continue take it up the arse' I just don't get that mate.

You are clearly an intelligent fella but I just get the impression that your inactions so to speak are what Thatcher's Britain wanted, 'It doesn't really effect me so why should I give a fuck'

This country is being divided more than when Moses parted the Red Sea and you and your party are just standing by and allowing it to happen under their watch.

Surely you can't accept that is right and moral?