You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life"

Section_31

A comment I read about him.

He sells his tax payer funded home in Putney at £500,000 profit then buys a mansion with 7 bedrooms, heated swimming pool and 15 acres in Lincolnshire.

Now the expenses have been capped and he can only claim £27,875 living expenses he's feeling hard done by because his family life has been impacted

The Tories (this minister included) have introduced the iniquitous bedroom tax that has so badly affected people and their families. These Tories, all they can do is bleat on about how they can't manage on £28k taxpayer funded living expenses and not a shred of sympathy for those that their bedroom tax policy affects so badly.

Tory scum

Fucking Tories.

Why are you all bothered? He's decided HE can't do it, whether you feel he should be able to do it is immaterial.

Because, naively, I believe that the job of MP should not simply be a job for wages but should contain an element of public service. This guy appears to have done it purely for personal gain and then left complaining that he cannot continue getting rich from the role

Why are you all bothered? He's decided HE can't do it, whether you feel he should be able to do it is immaterial.

Well, he has been part of a coalition government that's spent 4 years lecturing people on cutting their cloth according to their measure, and punishing the most detitute and vulnerable in society, so pointing out he's a hypocritical wankstain appears fairly relevant.

Because, naively, I believe that the job of MP should not simply be a job for wages but should contain an element of public service. This guy appears to have done it purely for personal gain and then left complaining that he cannot continue getting rich from the role

He's a Tory MP, he was voted in by people with the same mindset as him.

Plus, if he's a talented bloke why shouldn't he be rewarded as his talents dictate?

Well, he has been part of a coalition government that's spent 4 years lecturing people on cutting their cloth according to their measure, and punishing the most detitute and vulnerable in society, so pointing out he's a hypocritical wankstain appears fairly relevant.

And by his measure he wants more, what's the problem?

Because he made the ludicrous claim that he couldn't afford to support him family on a wage that most people in this country will never get anywhere near.

Which makes him a hypocritical wankstain when he tells others they have to do what he doesn't.

What are you on about. In simple terms he decided he needed more money, so he left a job to get more money. Any policy on people who don't earn money has fuck all to do with it.

Claiming he can't live on that money when he's already been on a fucking good screw is gross disrespect to the vast majority of the country who are genuinely living hand to mouth, including the daisy prints and square plates brigade who'll be out on the Barrett ears the minute interest rates jump.

It's also hugely disrespectful to his office. The notion that being chosen and elected to serve is some kind of 'honour' and calling clearly isn't the case, because it no longer pays handsomely enough since certain loopholes were closed.

The only thing worse than the cunt saying it is not knowing why it's wrong. Although I suspect on these matters Rico and SD have been on a deliberate wind up for quite some time.

• Upvote 3

What are you on about. In simple terms he decided he needed more money, so he left a job to get more money. Any policy on people who don't earn money has fuck all to do with it.

His governments policies do not just affect people who are unemployed, ie the largest recipients of housing benefit are people who are in work.

Er, yes, he did. He said he couldn't afford to rent a flat "that could accommodate his family" due to the "intolerable" expenses.

Fuck me, so he could find a flat for himself, but if he wanted his family there he couldn't. Therefore the way he WANTED to live couldn't work.

My position is clear and I've said it loads of times, reduce the number of MPs, pay them a decent wage comparable to a senior manager in business so about £150k plus unlimited expenses that are transparent as they are claimed.

There are loads on here that earn more than an MP, if say the low wages are a barrier to decent people applying.

Because

Fuck me, so he could find a flat for himself, but if he wanted his family there he couldn't. Therefore the way he WANTED to live couldn't work.

My position is clear and I've said it loads of times, reduce the number of MPs, pay them a decent wage comparable to a senior manager in business so about £150k plus unlimited expenses that are transparent as they are claimed.

There are loads on here that earn more than an MP, if say the low wages are a barrier to decent people applying.

Because of the cost. So he couldn't afford it. I don't get what you're arguing here, he quite clearly says he can't afford to have his family in London. It's right there in black and white. Odd.

I negged a random post in something called "the drunk thread".

Apparently not scrolling back up through the thread on the offchance you were using this thread to talk about family members getting ill makes me a "fucking scumbag cunt". Go figure.

Just to remove any and all ambiguity: it wasn't intentional.

just to remove any and all ambiguity - you clearly chose not to apologise for it as well, you little shit.

He was on 90 grand a year plus 27 in expenses, he also employed his wife as his secretary on 24 grand a year. There was nothing stopping him renting a property on the outskirts of London and having a short commute into work.

Because

Because of the cost. So he couldn't afford it. I don't get what you're arguing here, he quite clearly says he can't afford to have his family in London. It's right there in black and white. Odd.

He could have commuted, he could have rented a flat just for himself...but he wanted his family with him. Not unreasonable. The money wasn't enough so he left.

Some on here are saying he should be able to live on £25k in London, he could, but not in the way he wanted to.

The man has chosen to leave so he can earn more money.  That's it.  Those castigating him for it are talking through their arse.  I can't believe i'm agreeing with rico but I am.  He would have been better advised to say nothing, or say that he wanted to spend more time with his family and left it at that.  

He was on 90 grand a year plus 27 in expenses, he also employed his wife as his secretary on 24 grand a year. There was nothing stopping him renting a property on the outskirts of London and having a short commute into work.

but you can't decide on the quality of life he wants for himself Gnasher.  He might have wanted a nicer house than he would have got for his 90 grand a year.  He left because he wants more money.  That's it.  

Claiming he can't live on that money when he's already been on a fucking good screw is gross disrespect to the vast majority of the country who are genuinely living hand to mouth, including the daisy prints and square plates brigade who'll be out on the Barrett ears the minute interest rates jump.

It's also hugely disrespectful to his office. The notion that being chosen and elected to serve is some kind of 'honour' and calling clearly isn't the case, because it no longer pays handsomely enough since certain loopholes were closed.

The only thing worse than the cunt saying it is not knowing why it's wrong. Although I suspect on these matters Rico and SD have been on a deliberate wind up for quite some time.

He can live on that money, but he believes he can do better for him and his family by taking another job.  That's it.  All the opprobrium in the world doesn't change that simple fact.  No need to get up in arms about it.  

He can live on that money, but he believes he can do better for him and his family by taking another job.  That's it.  All the opprobrium in the world doesn't change that simple fact.  No need to get up in arms about it.

Welcome to the dark side Stringers.