You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life"

Section_31

I always thought Ausies had been quite right wing anyway, they strike me as slightly Alf Garnet esque in their world views.

They have no actual liberal party there, it really is just a straight fight between their versions of Labour and the Tories, with added xenophobia.

The irony that the only Australians who have grounds to complain about cunting immigrants is the Aborigines should not be lost on anyone.

• Upvote 3

They have no actual liberal party there, it really is just a straight fight between their versions of Labour and the Tories, with added xenophobia.

The irony that the only Australians who have grounds to complain about cunting immigrants is the Aborigines should not be lost on anyone.

There's a great John Pilger documentary on the treatment of the indigenous Aborigines in Oz. The name escapes me though, at the moment. Worth a watch though.

• Upvote 1

They have NO ACTUAL LIBERAL PARTY there, it really is just a straight fight between their versions of Labour and the Tories, with added xenophobia.

If only we could send them Nick Clegg. Problem solved.

There was an interview I heard the other day by a white Australian radio DJ trying to discuss criticism of the documentary with Pilger, when she hadn't watched it herself.

He took a fair amount of stick for the supposedly condescending way he took her to task over that, leading to a very prickly exchange. It was somewhat poignant bearing in mind the notion behind the film was that the issue is ignored in large part by white Australia.

Brutal viewing Utopia is.

I had plenty of the fears people have rightly illustrated here prior to coming. I have honestly been surprised, as whilst many people fit the sterotype, I have met many who are as progressive and appreciate political discourse as Liverpool.

The liberals in oz are just like the orange book liberals in UK. Only difference they didn't have a tory party to send up as the bogeyman, and therefore pretend they are more reasonable. You can see from their.time in office they are just as bad. Lying fuckers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Now Show absolutely nailed the Royal Mail scandal this week. The old scorpion and the frog fable. Vince Cable getting half way across the river and then asking the investment managers (who he had given a financial incentive to sting him) why they had stung him half way across the river. "Now we shall both drown".

Our scorpion of the story points out that Cable knew he was a scorpion when he let him on his back, oh, and he forgot to tell you, he's got wings, so "we" won't drown. You might though.

Pitiful governance.

• Upvote 1

Whilst this image may show the Turkish Prime Ministers aide Yusuf Yerkle kicking a Turkish miner who is protesting against poor working conditions (conditions which lead to Turkey's worst ever mining disaster). I think it will be iconic for years on end as to what some in the political elite think of the average working man.

_74867687_0d4ee4f3-f923-4a30-b37a-acdf06

Nazi scum, off our streets.

Who's streets ? OUR STREETS.

BnsA_PSIEAE7-mE.jpg

Follow the leader, shoot yourself like Adolf Hitler.

I hate all this stop them they must be stopped shit.. They have a democratic right to express their views and to have a peaceful march if they wish. It's more like nazi behaviour trying to stop them. The edl are a bunch of morons. They are a threat to nobody, they're just racist big gist obsessed with Islamic ray guns best leave me to it and just point at them and laugh as they walk by chanting their football type slogans

• Downvote 6

I hate all this stop them they must be stopped shit.. They have a democratic right to express their views and to have a peaceful march if they wish. It's more like nazi behaviour trying to stop them. The edl are a bunch of morons. They are a threat to nobody, they're just racist big gist obsessed with Islamic ray guns best leave me to it and just point at them and laugh as they walk by chanting their football type slogans

So trying to stop a march where people will promote nazi ideals and do nazi salutes is more nazi than the actual parade?

There is no democratic right to promote and incite racial hatred. Sorry, there just isn't.

• Upvote 2