You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life"

Section_31

Fuck yesterday. Have a look at what that ungodly shower of theiving cunts are up to today. They are having a debate on the future of IPSA (Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority). Before anyone tries to pick me up on the actual contents of the debate I stand by what I say that the body created to monitor the expenses of the 650 cunts in parliament and their general conduct is firmly under threat and has been since its existence.

Were all in this together unless of course you are a fucking cunt MP who gets to set their own pension and salary and where are the spineless party leaders in this? Self preservation of their positions of power by allowing this debate to go ahead. If its not money and the acquisition of even more of it by any means, then its power that seduces them. They all need to be fucked off in a permanent fashion.

That's PMQs, though, isn't it? Nothing's changed, despite the idea that the coalition was going to usher in new politics. It's the same parliament, the same voting system, the same behaviour in PMQs. As much as I want to hold the government solely responsible, Miliband and Labour could be rising above it, but there's Ed Balls in the front row shouting and goading at every opportunity.

We live in uncertain times, I agree.

Labour will be vulnerable to justified charges of mismanaging the economy for some time to come and is paying the price for its supine acquiescence to Brown becoming PM.

There is a debt problem that needs to be resolved. The Tory programme has some savage rationale to it, whilst the Labour one smacks of the mistakes of their final years in office and a craven attempt to woo votes which appears irresponsible, hence Tory support holding up. Yet whether the Tories have the will and skill to pull this off, I am not sure. Their front bench looks desperately light to me. In the good times, the Labour government squandered the chance to make major public infrastructure investment , will the Tories, counter-intuitively, do so (HS2 etc) ?Or will we nose-dive into a downward spiral of cuts, job losses, lower consumer spending, job losses, reduced taxed revenue, higher benefit payments, more borrowing, cuts etc?

Our relationship with Europe needs to be resolved. There is little support, or sense, in us being in the Euro for the foreseeable future. Yet Euro Mk2 stands a chance (through fiscal integration) of succeeding where Euro Mk 1 didn’t. The Europe that we were part of is likely to be no more. I think the press is far more eurosceptic than the public. Euro directives have improved, not, damages working conditions for the vast majority of working people. I think there is little appetite for us, out of Europe, being at the mercy of the Tories trying to wind back worker rights by decades. I believe that there is also a recognition that Europe will always be our biggest trading partner, and trading with them on the most advantageous terms makes sense. Unravelling that lot require a skill and judgement which I see in neither Cameron, or Milliband.

The Lib/Dems will be massacred in the next general election in a straight “Them or us” Labour v Tory showdown.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think Miliband has been pretty strong today. If he can start to gain some sort of support, despite his quirky demeanor, then I think he might do okay. I just wish he wasn't a total freak who makes you wince.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Its an absolute shame that labour is only going to be elected with a Blair clone in charge,very sad.

And quite probably not true, I'd say.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

You know, sometimes I wonder how Blair would have been seen if the wars hadn't happened. If 9/11 was somehow foiled that day, I wonder what would have happened now.

You know, sometimes I wonder how Blair would have been seen if the wars hadn't happened. If 9/11 was somehow foiled that day, I wonder what would have happened now.

He would have been our Kennedy. Lauded by the populace, reviled by the Right and shot while placing flowers on the Cenotaph.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Probably a shitload of more pfi schemes and NHS targets.

What you think we would be in utopia by now, typical Guardian readership victim.

I can only hope that, one day, I know as much as you about all this stuff. You're a true inspiration.

Back in the real world, I think his legacy would have been different. That's obvious and realistic.

Without Iraq and Afghanistan the Blair Government would probably be viewed by the likes of me as 'a shot against the crossbar' nearly but not quite.

Did very well on Health and Education but never got round to changing the rights of unions and employees in general while allowing fat cats to continue gorging themselves on their already overflowing plates.

Cunts.

This is what all them disabled people were thrown off the benefits list and libraries were shut for.

BBC News - HS2: Phase one of high-speed rail line gets go-ahead

When you put it like that it makes a lot more sense. Do we really need libraries?

Needs to start from the North going South though, I'm not waiting a decade for all the work to get up here. Sort it out cunty MP types.

Did very well on Health and Education

I don't understand the people who say this, then slam the current government's plans on health and education, which are just a natural progression. Fair enough if you opposed that sort of thing back then too.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I don't understand the people who say this, then slam the current government's plans on health and education, which are just a natural progression. Fair enough if you opposed that sort of thing back then too.

Only if you reduce it to 'Labour had some private involvement, and now the coalition are having much more private involvement' can you pull that one! Seriously, it's ridiculous.

Health and education improved dramatically under the Labour government, as I'm sure pretty much everybody accepts, not because of some small private involvement, but for a variety of reasons. More money, being the main thing. To say you can't support that improvement whilst be against the incredibly unpopular restructuring, which many people believe will reduce quality, of the NHS is really quite dishonest.

The NHS definately improved under Labour, I've no idea if education did though. They opened uni up to a lot more people that's for sure, but are people leaving school, uni any smarter than they did back then? I doubt very much - much of it is smoke and mirrors IMO.

The NHS definately improved under Labour, I've no idea if education did though. They opened uni up to a lot more people that's for sure, but are people leaving school, uni any smarter than they did back then? I doubt very much - much of it is smoke and mirrors IMO.

Primary school education improved massively mate.