You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ex players who have turned into CUNTS

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of old pros are like Neal in that respect, and, although I cringe at his lack of tact, I sort of sympathise with him - he won everything in the game, a truly amazing career, and he earned peanuts compared to, well, El Zhar among many of today's overpaid wastes of grass. Even Neal's a saint compared to Geoff Hurst - he's loathed by many in the media because he's an arrogant twit who knows they need the ritualistic interview at this time of year and he is absolutely shameless in demanding payment for every little thing he does.

Not a cunt by any means, but Jamie Redknapp's slowly turning into someone I'm really starting to dislike listening to.

The years and years of bleating on about "Stevie's best position".

Then there was the comment last year about Alonso "pulling the strings" the day we won 4-1 from Old Trafford.

Then there was the "£30 million for the new manager to spend" the day Benitez went.

Like I said, none of them in particular make him a 'cunt', but so are none of them the type of comment I expect to hear from someone who professes to take a great interest in our club. It also bugs me how his father continues to take money for a column in that rag. I know it's not Jamie himself, but he always seems to have a decent relationship with his dad; if it was my dad and I'd played for Liverpool, I'd be damn sure having a fucking word.

And now our very own Cassandra of the champagne bars, Graeme Souness, has weighed in, showing his customary good taste in tabloids to provide us with the most sensationalist version of events so far at his "beloved" club:

GRAEME SOUNESS last night *revealed he fears for the future of his beloved Liverpool in the aftermath of the Rafa Benitez era.

Hardman Souey, who won five league *titles, three European Cups and four League Cups in his seven-year stay at Anfield, reckons the decisions Liverpool make in the next three months may well define their next 25 years.

In a no-holds-barred interview with the Daily Star Sunday, Souness said: “That’s how critical the current situation is for the club.

“Right now it sits teetering on arguably the most crucial tipping point of its entire history and I fear for its very future.

“The bigger picture is finding new owners who can put the club back on a sound financial footing but it’s also crucial they find a safe pair of hands to take over the team from Rafa Benitez.”

Souness, signed by Bob Paisley in January 1978 and one of the brilliant side that *included Alan Hansen, *Kenny Dalglish and Ian Rush, is worried due to all the behind-the-scenes in-fighting between co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett that has sullied the club’s reputation.

But all the aggro of the past two years means attracting a top boss may not be an easy thing to do.

And Souness warned: “Who the club would like and who they’ll end up getting could be two very different things.

“For the first time since the Bill Shankly era, the Liverpool hot-seat isn’t a job that all the big managers would want. In fact, most of them wouldn’t touch it.

“The club is in debt, their squad of players is poor, they don’t have a major stadium, they won’t be playing Champions League football next year and there’s no guarantee that Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres won’t leave this summer.”

And the man who bossed Liverpool *between 1991-1994, reckons the money *needed to get the club back on track will be an astronomical sum.

He said: “Putting the club back on an even keel, securing the future and ensuring that they challenge for domestic and European honours on a regular basis is a job that could cost nearly a billion pounds.

“They need to spend at least £100million to buy players good enough to challenge for the Premier League next year and the Champions League the season after that.

“After that they need around £300m to clear the club’s debts and at least another £400m to build a new stadium.

“All that money needs to be found in the next two to three years and if Liverpool don’t find investors with sufficiently deep pockets, they’ll be dead in the water.

“The new manager who comes in will want his own players but the only way he’ll have any sort of a transfer fund to play around with will be if he sells players like Gerrard and Torres and gets exaggerated figures for them.

“And even if he wants to keep them, the matter might be out of his hands because the club may have to sell them to balance the books or the players themselves may be *determined to leave a sinking ship.”

Souness also believes Gerrard and Torres will know in their hearts that the present squad simply is not good enough.

TV pundit Souness, 57, said: “Gerrard and Torres have been training all season with that squad of players and they’ll know that the majority of them simply aren’t good enough to be part of a team capable of winning a major trophy.

“Gerrard is 30 and doesn’t have many more years left to win the medals he covets, while Torres is in the prime of his career at 26 and about to put himself in the biggest *shop window of all – the World Cup. He may end up winning a World Cup *medal and after a high like that the thought of going back to a troubled club like Liverpool, where he won’t have players like Xavi, Iniesta or Villa to play with, isn’t one he’ll have a lot of enthusiasm for.”

And in a pop at Benitez and his flawed transfer dealings, he rapped: “It’s an indictment of Rafa Benitez’s six years at the club that the team should be so reliant on just two players.

“I don’t think it’s any big *surprise he was fired *because the thing that defines your time at a football club is how many good players you bring into the club – and Rafa simply didn’t sign enough of them.

“He was there six years and made a net spend of around £140m but only signed two players who I would regard as truly world class – Fernando Torres and Jose Reina.

“To have spent the kind of money he has and only come up with two players is an *awful indictment and ultimately doomed him.

“When you look at the squad now, I think it’s actually worse off than it was when he first took it over.

“For a start, Steven Gerrard is six years older and, had it not been for Gerrard, I think Benitez would have gone before now because Liverpool were almost a one-man team for a long time.

“They won the European Cup without *being in the top ten teams in Europe at the time, so they were lucky to win it really.

“That success brought him a lot of good grace but were it not for the fact that *Liverpool fans are the best and most loyal in the world, he would have gone before now.

“His successor has a huge job on his hands. Finishing seventh this season was seen as a disaster.

“The very future of Liverpool Football Club is at stake and whether it’s a bleak one or a hopeful one may well be determined in the next three months.”

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Football :: Graeme Souness: It will cost £1billion to put right Rafa’s mess

He's not entirely wrong, of course, but he's in full-on Richard Keys-mode in the way he hypes it up (we need to find £800m in the next three years just to avoid being dead in the water). And the gall of the man! You're judged on the players you sign? Well YOU should have been bombed out of the club even earlier then! “For the first time since the Bill Shankly era, the Liverpool hot-seat isn’t a job that all the big managers would want". No, mate: for the first time since YOU turned the club into a laughing stock! And as for that nasty little snipe about the "lucky" Champions league win: utterly pathetic.

F*ckin hell lads this thread is a bit much, people will go with whatever suits their opinion, for people that supported Rafa well their wasn't many people outside of section of Pro-Rafa at LFC who agreed with you. Are they all c*nts? Eh No.

Whelan is bitter against Rafa not LFC big difference there. Its LFC not Rafa FC (Remember Whelan was an outstanding LFC player, lets not forget that), all these blokes are entitled to their opinion, considering they all played football at the highest level they have more of an idea about what goes on than any of us keyboard warriors, you just don't agree with what they saying but that doesn't make them wrong and it certainyl doesn't make them c*nts.

Yet another bitter thread.

Well i'm not wrong am i? ;)

Dan, you're good to have here and all that, so I'm not trying to wind you up, but there's a difference between disagreeing with individual arguments and claiming that you know all the motives of all those people who say things with which you disagree (whilst attempting to occupy some specious moral high ground). And if you REALLY do believe that one opinion is just as good as another and they all just reflect our inescapable prejudices, well, you don't really expect an answer to your question, do you. ;)

Dan, you're good to have here and all that, so I'm not trying to wind you up, but there's a difference between disagreeing with individual arguments and claiming that you know all the motives of all those people who say things with which you disagree (whilst attempting to occupy some specious moral high ground). And if you REALLY do believe that one opinion is just as good as another and they all just reflect our inescapable prejudices, well, you don't really expect an answer to your question, do you. ;)

Mate believe me, moral high ground doesn't apply to me, when i put my first post here i laid out my opinions so people would know were i stood, seems these days at LFC we're split left,right and center and people side with whomever shares their opinion.

I never said one opinion is just as good as the other and i never said i knew all the motives of all of them og course i don't just the same as you don't either, i was just saying that is it a rational thing to say, that all these ex-players,press and media,people outside the club etc have been engaged in some kind of mass witch hunt and had agenda driven against Rafa?Common seriously?

I just don't get that, and IMO i see that as staunch Rafa supporters just being p*ssed off because a lot of people are critcising a man that they adored?

Anyways i'm new here and have to prove my opinions worth, well as some on here have told me. But sure i say what i wanna say, i don't hold back, i certainly don't take the moral high ground as you so eloquently put it, just a little prespective and some ration thought, seems to me there's a lot of bitterness around and logic goes out the window.

Guest PurpleNose
there's a lot of bitterness around and logic goes out the window.

From both sides of the squabble, sorry, discussion.

A lot of people who possibly would have wanted Benitez sacked under normal circumstances see his dismissal as symbolic of something much worse happening at the club.

We're all naturally a little sceptical and pessimistic at the moment, for that I make no apology.

Looks like a very precious bunch here. Cunts is way too strong; twats maybe, but not really cunts. I think a lot of the names mentioned have been major critics of Rafa, so as was above mentioned, let's not get on our high-horse if a portly Spaniard who waits tables has to take one for the boys.

Beglin - a pretentious cliche-machine maybe, but not a cunt.

Souness - a mildly bitter under-achiever, but not a cunt

Lawro - camp old geezer who says, "at the muhrmen", and, "eh, I tell ya whawh" a lot. But not a cunt (my hero as a kid)

Whelan - a harmless stuttering puff-ball with finite 'knowledge', but not a cunt

Redknapp - literally, an attention seeking cardboard cut-out, but not a cunt

Collymore - a Ru Paul impersonator with ideas above his station, but not a cunt

El Hadji Diouf - now there's a cunt

Dan - you're the first one to bring Rafa into it. People here have called ex-players cunts for supporting the thieving bastards who are dragging our club to the abyss. I'm sure that plenty of fans who were sick of Rafa would also agree that G&H are indefensible.

Looks like a very precious bunch here. Cunts is way too strong; twats maybe, but not really cunts. I think a lot of the names mentioned have been major critics of Rafa, so as was above mentioned, let's not get on our high-horse if a portly Spaniard who waits tables has to take one for the boys.

Whelan - a harmless stuttering puff-ball with finite 'knowledge', but not a cunt

And yo expect any self respecting Liverpool fan to agree with you after that particular comment.

I'm going to assume that you're about 12.

Ask a grown-up why S*nness is the one true wearer of the cunt crown.

F*ckin hell lads this thread is a bit much, people will go with whatever suits their opinion, for people that supported Rafa well their wasn't many people outside of section of Pro-Rafa at LFC who agreed with you. Are they all c*nts? Eh No.

Whelan is bitter against Rafa not LFC big difference there. Its LFC not Rafa FC (Remember Whelan was an outstanding LFC player, lets not forget that), all these blokes are entitled to their opinion, considering they all played football at the highest level they have more of an idea about what goes on than any of us keyboard warriors, you just don't agree with what they saying but that doesn't make them wrong and it certainyl doesn't make them c*nts.

Not a bitter thread at all, merely commenting on some of our ex players who have/are been spouting total shite in the media. Not just now but have been for years. I dont give a shit if they were legends, they can still be cunts.

Whelan was a GOOD Liverpool player, doesn`t make him any less of a cunt. Anyone can criticize our Club/Manager etc as long as its constructive and correct if their gonna get involved in stats etc (Redknapp on Sky) . There`s a massive difference between the shite the Whelans and St Johns of this world spout, who seem to have their own agenda, and the considered and well thought out criticisms like Barnes and Hansen for example.

From both sides of the squabble, sorry, discussion.

A lot of people who possibly would have wanted Benitez sacked under normal circumstances see his dismissal as symbolic of something much worse happening at the club.

We're all naturally a little sceptical and pessimistic at the moment, for that I make no apology.

Definitely more of a squabble alright :D

I just see Rafa sacking as something that had to be done regardless of the managers we are being linked with which are no surprises at all (apart from Sven of course)

Sure all we need now is feew more changes and everything we be Hunky Dory and we can stop the bickering, sing kum bah ya together and go for long walks on the beach, whilst wonderful sonnets.

Dan let me tell you something, Ronnie Whelan could'nt give a fuck about LFC, I've personally asked him to speak out against the owners to which he's done nothing, the man could'nt care less

Dan let me tell you something, Ronnie Whelan could'nt give a fuck about LFC, I've personally asked him to speak out against the owners to which he's done nothing, the man could'nt care less
So those 15 years spent at Liverpool F.C. meantr f*ck all to him:

* League Championship : 1981–82, 1982–83, 1983–84, 1985–86, 1987–88, 1989–1990

* FA Cup (2): 1985–86, 1988–89

* League Cup (3): 1981–82, 1982–83, 1983–84

* Charity Shield (5): 1982, 1986 (Shared), 1988, 1989, 1990 (Shared),

* European Cup (1): 1983–84

* Screen Sports Super Cup (1): 1985

Common mate seriously, i have no doubts Whelan wanted Rafa out and disliked him, but why on earth has he been getting so unnecessarily wound up about Rafa over past few years, if he couldn't give a f*ck as you said?

I know Ronnie Whelan is was a child hood long Manchester United supporter but lets not say he doesn't give a f*ck about the club he dedicated his entire career at bar last 2 years, give this LFC legend some credit and not just slate him becuase he dislike Rafael Benitez.

I'm going to assume that you're about 12.

Ask a grown-up why S*nness is the one true wearer of the cunt crown.

I know about the S*n affair, but I thought that we were on about media personalities. I'm sure he regrets that thing with the S*n.

Edited by aiyic
Edit: Let's not make me out to be a S*n reader, or a defender of Souness's fuck up

Guest PurpleNose

They seem to all share the same quality of having been a fucking rubbish manager themselves, or bottled it and gone into the media.