You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Players you forgot played and are probably plumbers now

grazywalker

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Linighan Arsenal . He was in the team that Fwoler scored his quick hatrick against.

image40.jpg

errrr isnt that John Jensen, I played against Peter Davenport when he worked at Cammell Lairds suppose he might be back to weldin as he was a right fuckin clogger. I also played once with Ian Woan when he was a quantity surveyor and then left Runcorn for Forest.

he never exactly made it but there was one lad in our 05 Carling Cup team called Mark Smyth who i havent heard of since

Paul Harrison was our 3rd choice for about a season and a half and then suddenly ended up as 2nd choice at Southport in the conference north now at TNS

I imagine Ritchie Partridge well end up going part time soon as well, cant seem to get kept on at a club

he never exactly made it but there was one lad in our 05 Carling Cup team called Mark Smyth who i havent heard of since

Paul Harrison was our 3rd choice for about a season and a half and then suddenly ended up as 2nd choice at Southport in the conference north now at TNS

I imagine Ritchie Partridge well end up going part time soon as well, cant seem to get kept on at a club

One of my best mates cousins. He's married to Judas's sister so he wont be short of a few bob. He training to be a physio now.

The entire Nottingham Forest squad of twenty years ago are plumbers? Could be true. Nigel Clough is trying to fix leaky defences in Derby, and Roy Keane probably offers door to door drive tarmacking in his spare time.

I'm not sure who it is' date=' but one of the goal scores from the Coventry City cup winning side V Spurs is now a postman. OK I know it not the same as probably being a plumber but, Like probable plumbers they're always late and continually fucking harping on about money.[/quote']

something Williams i think, played against him not so long ago

I'm not sure who it is' date=' but one of the goal scores from the Coventry City cup winning side V Spurs is now a postman. OK I know it not the same as probably being a plumber but, Like probable plumbers they're always late and continually fucking harping on about money.[/quote']

something Williams i think, played against him not so long ago

edit:dont know what went wrong there!

Leto to replace Di Maria at Benfica?

05 Jun 2010

By: Peter Katsiris

Late evening reports emanating from Portugal on Friday have linked SL Benfica with a € 10 million offer sheet for Panathinaikos FC midfielder Sebastian Leto. The Argentine is the reported target of the Lisbon-based side as Benfica are looking for alternate options in the cse that talisman Angel Di Maria joins Real Madrid in this summer's transfer window.

The Greek Champions were not expected to sell Leto as the Trifylli ended a long title-drought in the Greek Super League by winning the league and cup double. The current ownership debacle, which sees the club headed for an election to determine the club's next president after Nikos Pateras issued his resignation, could potentially decide if Leto leaves Athens or not.

After his first season with Panathinaikos, Leto became a household name with the club's faithful supporters, despite spending the prior season with arch-rivals Olympiacos CFP.

Leto's career in European football was supposed to start at Liverpool FC, but issues in obtaining a work permit for successive seasons for Reds' manager Rafa Benitez to loan the player to Olympiacos ahead of the 2008/2009 season.

While Leto's contributions were below expectations in Piraeus, the left-winger was expected to remain at the Giorgos Karaiskakis Stadium and replace club legend Predrag Djordjevic. Talks broke down between Leto and Olympiacos as the club decided not to resign the player, and Leto bitterly decided to join Panathinaikos instead.

Signing a permanent contract at the OAKA Spyros Louis Stadium, Leto embarked on a new adventure and has made history as he has won domestic doubles in each of his two season in Greek football.

Should Panathinaikos accept Benfica's offer for Leto, the departure of the Argentine will leave a major gap in the Panathinaikos midfield -- an event that could spark the early recall of Andreas Ivanschitz's loan spell at FSV Mainz 05.

Leto's contract with Panathinaikos is expected to run until the end of the 2013/2014 season.

GreekSoccer.com

;)