You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

david fucking beckham

fagus

I agree that he doesn't seem a bad lad, but I was in stitches when they said on BBC Breakfast that he had 'no ego'.

The man who perfected a Jesus on the cross pose when he scored, who jumped on goalscorers so he could geg in on the picture, who posed for a full minute or so before taking a free kick to make sure people had got their snaps, and who liked to wear a hairband so people could see the cut head Ferguson had given him.

Beckham inspired a whole generation of players to put their image first, and is the reason there's 13 year old trainees running around in green boots.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PSG are the best supported team by average home attendance in France.

Beckham has amongst the most distinguished roster of top clubs played for in the history of the game, with honours to match, over a whole career. That is why he is newsworthy. Hardly a fad.

France is one of the big five leagues. France as a country has won the World Cup, and been a losing finalist, as well as a Euro Champs winner. Dismissing a league title win there as being like the “belgish” (sic) is laughable.

I don't know about you, as you seem to know better always, but for the moment (many years in fact) I happen to reside here in France. Talking to the locals, PSG are a French version of Chelsea, Marseille or Lyon remind people here of Liverpool and likes.

I compare the league titles as the French do. Again, you may know better. And thank you for the lecture and the "sic". Now go have a hug with Code, you two deserve each other.

to be fair to him he is probably the only Manchester United legend from my time who I don't despise

I also disagree when people say he wasn't that good, if we encouraged more wide players to adopt his style rather than persisting with pacey fuckers who can't cross a ball to save their lives the english game would be in a better state

Very good player in his time, but an absolute cock. Any footballer that seeks as much attention as he does can fuck off. If he just kept quiet, played football and didn't bother trying to be a celebrity I'd actually think he'd be okay for a manc. But he's such a fame-hungry tart, fuck him.

Along with Bryan Robson the most over rated footballer of his generation,can you spot the connection ?:yes:

Overrated.

Also, overrated by who ? It's not like Beckham ever fancied himself as Pele. Just don't get the mob hate for the guy. Never close to a complete player like Gerrard, but he had some slick skills.

I don't know about you, as you seem to know better always, but for the moment (many years in fact) I happen to reside here in France. Talking to the locals, PSG are a French version of Chelsea, Marseille or Lyon remind people here of Liverpool and likes.

I compare the league titles as the French do. Again, you may know better. And thank you for the lecture and the "sic". Now go have a hug with Code, you two deserve each other.

The PSG / Chelsea comparison is fair comment on several points.

I think you detuned the value of a French league title win (PSG did very well in the CL this year) and the status of French football- but that's just my opinion.

I should remember him for his goals and free kicks.

Sadly I will remember him for that film and for this:

[YOUTUBE]hHSYUv2-O4E[/YOUTUBE]

A modern day "footballer" who is really a fashionista.

Not fussed really.

tumblr_mg9gr85oBg1rxgv80o1_250.gif

Edited by WhiskeyJar

They all marvelled at his 'technique' for bending a ball, when the main reason he could do it was the fact that his legs were so bandy they were probably grown whilst the infant Dave was strapped on top of a pig. (Probably explains who he married, too.)

I should remember him for his goals and free kicks.

Sadly I will remember him for that film and for this:

[YOUTUBE]hHSYUv2-O4E[/YOUTUBE]

A modern day "footballer" who is really a fashionista.

Not fussed really.

tumblr_mg9gr85oBg1rxgv80o1_250.gif

While I was watching that it was quite funny as the kitchen table I was watching it on has more personality than he does.....whoop yeah whoop yeahhhh whoppppp yeah mannnnnmmmm