You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

david fucking beckham

fagus

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First English player to win the title in four different countries.

Oh, but wait, he's shit isn't he, that's the official line.

Amazing feat to pull the wool over the eyes of Manchester United, Real Madrid, AC Milan and Paris.

He's really not shit but that's a stupid stat. Other than Man U, he was at all 3 of the other clubs in part for marketing reasons. He couldn't even get in the England side while he was at two of them.

He's a manc, fuck him - what's with the love in?

As much as I love Liverpool and our club. One thing I don't get is thinking other clubs players are all cunts and can't praise them as a result.

Beckham did a lot for the English game, he was a class act on and off the field and I am going to say so.

Ferguson was a top manager, we are allowed to acknowledge these things and saying otherwise makes us just come across as bitter.

I like Beckham, always have done.

Don't rate him as a player, he had a good cross on him and a good freekick, thats about it. It's all about the brand, he's not a REAL footballer. Seeing that two salt of the earth players like Scholes and Carragher are retiring this year, both did more for their clubs than this guy ever did.

Nice guy, give him credit for that performance against Greece, but top player.....please.

Don't rate him as a player, he had a good cross on him and a good freekick, thats about it. It's all about the brand, he's not a REAL footballer. Seeing that two salt of the earth players like Scholes and Carragher are retiring this year, both did more for their clubs than this guy ever did.

Nice guy, give him credit for that performance against Greece, but top player.....please.

He's the best crosser of the ball I have ever seen.

Also it is not his fault he didn't stay at United, that wasn't his choice, he got 'the boot'.

Beckham had flaws in his game, but then again so do most players - Carragher does. But what Beckham did, like Carragher, was make the most of the talent he had and became an extremely effective player as a result.

He really was an assist machine in his pomp at United.

He's the best crosser of the ball I have ever seen.

Also it is not his fault he didn't stay at United, that wasn't his choice, he got 'the boot'.

Beckham had flaws in his game, but then again so do most players - Carragher does. But what Beckham did, like Carragher, was make the most of the talent he had and became an extremely effective player as a result.

He really was an assist machine in his pomp at United.

He's exceptional at crossing, but has no pace whatsoever and for a winger to be that slow is almost criminal. Gerrard can hit a ball cross field 60 yards right to a players feet 9 times out of ten, but he also has so many other facets to his game, facets Beckham just doesn't possess. Never has there been a more one footed player than David Beckham.

Yes he was effective but out of that midfield of giggs, scholes, keane beckham he was the worst one by a large distance. The other three covered all his weak areas, likewise the galactico midfield did the same. You'll never convince me that Beckham was anything more than a one trick pony, which is exactly what he was.

Carragher has flaws but he's played consistently at premier league level his entire career, Beckham chose to cash in on modelling and shit football in the US. Beckham is a nice guy and I can't help but like him, i like Mick McCarthy too but he's a shit manager, lets call a spade a spade.

It doesn't matter if you are a one trick pony (I don't agree that he was, but no doubt that was his biggest asset his crossing), as long as it is effective. Everyone knew Henry would drift to the left side of the pitch cut inside and shoot, it didn't matter as the opposition couldn't stop him doing it. Everyone knew Beckham was going to get the ball and cross it, again it didn't matter as his first touch was so good it gave him enough time to get in that cross.

As I said he was an assist machine at United and as a result a real regular match winner.

It doesn't matter if you are a one trick pony (I don't agree that he was' date=' but no doubt that was his biggest asset his crossing), as long as it is effective. Everyone knew Henry would drift to the left side of the pitch cut inside and shoot, it didn't matter as the opposition couldn't stop him doing it. Everyone knew Beckham was going to get the ball and cross it, again it didn't matter as his first touch was so good it gave him enough time to get in that cross.

As I said he was an assist machine at United and as a result a real regular match winner.[/quote']

Well said, I just love his crosses, free kicks and his looks. It's definitely better than downings.

he was a class act on and off the field and I am going to say so.

He was and is a petulant, wannabe hard-case. and have a look at him raking Redknapp and flailing at Gerrard. He was always at it throughout his career. Class act? First class cunt more like.

Never forget my meeting with the cunt at the piggery in 1999,they just scored last minute winner in fa cup,beckham ran towards us to give me and 7000 reds the wanker hand signal whilst rat boy neville gave us two fingers. Bless becks ambassador my arse just like his family values.

Never forget my meeting with the cunt at the piggery in 1999,they just scored last minute winner in fa cup,beckham ran towards us to give me and 7000 reds the wanker hand signal whilst rat boy neville gave us two fingers. Bless becks ambassador my arse just like his family values.

I lost half my post for some reason, but I remember that game all too well. It was the same year I was referring to (I think it was in the September) when we got beat 2-3 at Anfield and he was acting the cunt as usual.

It's awesome the way Spanish has an upside down exclamation point at the front of the sentence so you don't get caught by surprise and try to get all that emotion through in the last word or two.

I have invented a thing called a 'question comma', it is a '?' but with a ','instead of a '.' in it. You use it when you are writing a list of questions.

I am not getting much positive feedback from keyboard manufacturers, they are quite conservative and fear change (Bic seem very excited by it though), so I cannot demonstrate it here as I would like but imagine something like this:

'Is it your breakfast you're eating? or your lunch? or do you call it dinner? and are you having beans? and if not is it an ethical choice or do you just not like them?'

You see you'd have the question comma in there doing the job of all those question marks (except the last one of course).

First English player to win the title in four different countries.

Oh, but wait, he's shit isn't he, that's the official line.

Amazing feat to pull the wool over the eyes of Manchester United, Real Madrid, AC Milan and Paris.

Didn't exactly play a huge amount of games in Milan or Paris.

More a case of shirt sales and publicity.

I agree and I actually think he comes across as a good guy as well.

Always liked the way he never slagged off Ferguson despite having to leaving United because of it, the club he always supported.

Also liked it how he vowed never to play for another English club as a result.

He gets a lot of shit Beckham, mostly not justified.

Class player, class guy and I think he deserves everything he gets.

His wife however, I have no time for!QUOTE]

Yeah, but her mates fit isn't she? You know, the one from Leeds. Big tits, frizzy hair?