You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Pellegrini representative confirms contacts with Liverpool

Wednesday October 20, 2010

Source: dpa

Santiago, Manuel Pellegrini is in negotiations to direct the ailing Liverpool, announced today the representative of the strategist, Jesus Martinez.

"We had some contacts, but as the club is in the process of change, and no one knows who is boss, no progress on the topic," Martinez revealed.

The choice of the former coach of Real Madrid, came about because of the poor performance of the England team, now led by Roy Hodgson.

Martinez added that the possibility of commanding technically Liverpool Chilean appeals more to other offers from the last time, junior teams and tradition.

"Pellegrini has had offers from clubs in Italy, but initially wanted to wait a bit to some better option," said the representative.

"And Liverpool is a club that Manuel would like to address," he said.

index

Next Permanent Liverpool Manager – Next Permanent Liverpool Manager Manuel Pelligrini @ 16/1 – £5.00

oops....

Single: Manuel Pellegrini @ 50/1

1 line at £10.00 per line

Total stake for this bet: £10.00

Potential returns: £510.00

Come on you fuckers....do the right thing. They already cost me money when they appointed Hodgson instead of him in the summer, they better not do it twice.

Read that story again.

All the agent is saying is that yes there was contact in the summer (before Hodgson was appointed) but is just letting it known his client is still interested.

Its basically a 'come and get me plea' and hopefully we do.

I mean, as a person. His dealings with the media, players, staff.

I think the way he dealt with Raul and Guti speaks volumes, he was firm, authoritative but was open and treated them with respect. He made it clear right from the off where they stood. The effort that both put in when called upon and the willingness to slot in and support younger players says to me he handled the situation really well. As I said in the other thread, despite it being obvious that it would be their last season both played in over 30 games and could easily have dug their heels in and cashed in another year of their "contracts for life".

Translated from today El Mundo Deportivo

Pellegrini wanted for Liverpool job

Again, like last summer, know the name of Manuel Pellegrini to lead to Liverpool after their poor performance in the Premiership. The former Real Madrid is negotiating to direct the 'depressed' big in England, said the technician's representative, Jesus Martinez. "We had some contacts, but as the club is in the process of change, and no one knows who is boss, no progress on the issue."

The Chilean option again to gain strength after the poor performance of the English team led by Roy Hodgson. Martinez added that the possibility of commanding technically Liverpool Chilean appeals more to the other alleged offers received in recent days, teams of lower rank and tradition.

"Pellegrini has had offers from clubs in Italy, but initially wanted to wait a bit to some better option. And Liverpool is a club that Manuel would like to address," he said.

Pellegrini had successfully led the Argentinian heavyweights River Plate and San Lorenzo, and the Spanish Villarreal. But he had a bittersweet way to Real Madrid, where he discussed the hegemony of Barcelona until the last day in the domestic championship. The early elimination round of the Champions League and the weight and failed in the two seasons signed at the White House.

Interstitial - Noticia

He wants us and we made contacts according to many sources, this is a match made in heaven, Roy can have his tactics, 35 years of experience and shove them up his arse (sorry mods) ;)

Read that story again.

All the agent is saying is that yes there was contact in the summer (before Hodgson was appointed) but is just letting it known his client is still interested.

Agreed, I voted for Rijkaard (and obviously the king) in the Summer but then Franco's start in the Turkish league somewhat reminds me of another unimpressive start. Would he be better than Roy? Hell yes, but then all this talk about his need to have a disciplinarian (HTC) partnering him leads me to believe that the conditions and setup need to be perfectly right for Rijkaard to succeed. In comparison to Pellegrini's achievements for Villareal, points per game ratio for Real and his general ethos for attacking football feels a more secure and I suppose a safer bet, if there was such a thing?

Pelligrini is a classy guy. Unlike Roy it's real class, not made up platitudes bestowed by an ignorant, xenophobic press corps.

Marca spent practically all of last season undermining him, slandering him and ridiculing him, yet he dealt with it in a dignified, professional manner. Everyone knew he'd be sacked at the end of the season in October, but he got on with it and ran Barcelona close right until the end.

I have a lot of respect for him.

Can't be bothered reading the whole thread but how's his English? I think he is my preferred choice but not if he is coming in and trying to pick up the squad but can't communicate immediately without translation from Sammy.

Fluent apparently (not me, just going by what others have said in various threads)

Just get him in. Now.

Read that story again.

You're right, that's what he actually says. Gutted, for a minute there I thought we'd actually made contact.

But getting the Chilean in on a rescue mission blatantly has to be the right move considering the size of the fucking hole we're in