You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would also be happy with Pellegrini. I wonder what Reina thinks of him. That isn't a comment, its a genuine wonder, as i have no idea what their relationship was like.

Obviously he did`nt like him!

He sold him.

The cunt....Nobody ditch Pepe!

Or maybe it was some kind of masterplan. He gives us pepe...and then 4 years later he takes over!

Good man!

I don't have an e-season ticket.

But you never see anything like this on .tv. They don't usually get involved with rumours or speculation - which gets me thinking he might be the man they want.

Yes. I'm sorry. I just realised that an e-season ticket was required to view the link.

The video has several supporters wanting Pellegrini to take charge. The video is filmed in front of the L1 club shop.

I was surprised to see this, to be honest.

Manuel Pellegrini set to be unveiled as next Liverpool FC manager - Report > Liverpool FC > Sport | Click Liverpool

Manuel Pellegrini set to be unveiled as next Liverpool FC manager - Report

by Richard Buxton. Published Sat 19 Jun 2010 00:00, Last updated: 2010-06-19

Liverpool have reportedly agreed a deal to appoint Manuel Pellegrini as their next manager.

On Thursday, the 65-year-old's agent Marco Piccioli confirmed that his client was in talks over taking the managerial reins at Anfield, saying: "We are evaluating the operation and will soon have a new meeting to better define the final details of the contract."

Reports in Chile now claim that the former Real Madrid coach signed a deal with the Reds yesterday morning following negotiations.

Pellegrini was dismissed from his role in the Spanish capital after failing to prise the La Liga title away from Barcelona last season despite his side amassing 96 points and netting over 100 goals.

His imminent appointment is expected to be welcomed by Pepe Reina, who worked under him during his time at Villarreal.

The Spain stopper believes Liverpool can expect a "really tough" season ahead if Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres leave the club following Rafael Benitez's departure and the continuing reluctance of the Anfield board to relinquish significant transfer funds.

He said: "Of course there is concern about Fernando and Stevie. Not just them, but others, too.

"Any team would count on Stevie and Fernando as big names and, for us, it’s the same.

"Without them, it would be really tough to be up there at the top next season."

--

You can now follow Richard Buxton, our Liverpool FC correspondent, on Twitter at Richard Buxton (rbuxton87) on Twitter

I don't have an e-season ticket.

But you never see anything like this on .tv. They don't usually get involved with rumours or speculation - which gets me thinking he might be the man they want.

Theyre doing the same with Jovanovic. Since when did we get full articles dedicated entirely to a player we were only rumoured to be in for?

Theyre doing the same with Jovanovic. Since when did we get full articles dedicated entirely to a player we were only rumoured to be in for?

But Jovanovic has signed a pre contract hasn't he?

I can see why they are doing videos on him, but I have never seen .tv do ones regarding speculation.