You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clancy has an interesting point of view on it that Pellegrini was too old and looking at what they did in Red Sox

The manager short list will Would be closer to the age of Deschamps, Di Matteo, Unai Emery, Quique Flores, Tuchel etc

Out of that list only Deschamps has any real CL experience.

Fucks sake :(

To be fair I could see this coming though, surprised he didn't land the Sevilla job when they got shot of their manager.

I wasn't obsessed with him, didn't think he was the second coming of Shankly or even the second coming of Rafa, but I genuinely felt he was the best available realistic option (both pre- and post-takeover) and we should have struck while the iron was hot.

Pellegrini would have been a good manager for us. I see similarities to Wenger and I'm sure he would have got us playing good stuff and competing soon enough.

He is 58 years old (I think).

It half makes me wonder if NESV will give Roy the whole season, all the while checking out who the best young manager is that is out there. I think they will want someone to come long term, someone to hopefully build a new dynasty. Quite possibly with Kenny as some sort of DoF - not in an overbearing, power hungry sort of way - but in the sort of way any up and coming manager would appreciate - quiet, dignified, and with great insight and experience.

Di Matteo? Martinez? Coyle? Poyet? Deschamps?

Interesting times.

Pellegrini would have been a good manager for us. I see similarities to Wenger and I'm sure he would have got us playing good stuff and competing soon enough.

He is 58 years old (I think).

It half makes me wonder if NESV will give Roy the whole season, all the while checking out who the best young manager is that is out there. I think they will want someone to come long term, someone to hopefully build a new dynasty. Quite possibly with Kenny as some sort of DoF - not in an overbearing, power hungry sort of way - but in the sort of way any up and coming manager would appreciate - quiet, dignified, and with great insight and experience.

Di Matteo? Martinez? Coyle? Poyet? Deschamps?

Interesting times.

Paul Jewell?

I'm just wondering why fellas are advocating Coyle over Di Matteo. I can see similarities - both are young and have won promotion playing good football but Di Matteo has continued to play attractive football and would have a lot more contacts and respect in the game, something that would probably be required at Anfield.

Just my opinion but I doubt there'll be a change this season, if we don't get beat by Chelsea and then pick up at least 7 points from Stoke/Wigan/West ham, there gona leave things be.

If they have a managerial target and have taken advice on a new manager most likely he's with a club and he won't move before season ends. There's no point appointing a manager just because he's available, although I think pellegrini would do well.

I do think any players bought in January they will get opinions on from a few people before signing off on it, as in they'll be players most managers rate incase a change happens next summer.

Just my opinion but I doubt there'll be a change this season, if we don't get beat by Chelsea and then pick up at least 7 points from Stoke/Wigan/West ham, there gona leave things be.

If they have a managerial target and have taken advice on a new manager most likely he's with a club and he won't move before season ends. There's no point appointing a manager just because he's available, although I think pellegrini would do well.

I do think any players bought in January they will get opinions on from a few people before signing off on it, as in they'll be players most managers rate incase a change happens next summer.

Ugh... I fucking hope not.