You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck me Zig you're optomistic.

We're going to be stuck with cancer and aids for at least 18 months, we need to get the very best possible candidate out there. Pelligrini shits all over Hughes, O'Neill and Hodgson.

Reading between the lines I think the compromise that was reached with RBS agfter the £100M failed to materialise was that they would give them a year to sell the club before they put us into administration. I fully expect them to accept a reduced offer before that happens.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading between the lines I think the compromise that was reached with RBS agfter the £100M failed to materialise was that they would give them a year to sell the club before they put us into administration. I fully expect them to accept a reduced offer before that happens.

I pray to god you are right, I just don't see it happening though mate.

I pray to god you are right, I just don't see it happening though mate.

They know the club can't continue as it is and they will want their money back.

They're doing it this way in an effort to avoid bad press reflecting on them in my opinion.

Pellegrini took Villarreal, a club who's gate is 18,000 to the semi finals of the CL and 2nd in la liga, he bought players for a few million, improved them and sold for vastly more. He relishes working with a small budget, improving players and playing good football

considering where we find ourselves because of C & A I think he would be the best possible appointment

Do you really think they'd have any problem finding some less reputable business to take on the loan? If RBS do finally get to the point where they won't extend it anymore the debt will just be shifted to somewhere charging more interest while those 2 keep taking their expenses. Why would they sell? I see no reason for them to give this up.

Pellegrini reportedly speaks fluent English, he's Chilean anyway, they're the best at it in South America. He can squeeze quite much from young players and will be treated with bigger respect than Hodgson or O'Neill. And can produce immediate effect, like in Madrid.

Do you really think they'd have any problem finding some less reputable business to take on the loan? If RBS do finally get to the point where they won't extend it anymore the debt will just be shifted to somewhere charging more interest while those 2 keep taking their expenses. Why would they sell? I see no reason for them to give this up.

Yes I do think they would. I think everyone knows what they are now and the credit market has no appetite for them. Otherwise why would they be letting RBS fuck them up the arsehole without any lube by taking away their board control?

I dont want another dour manager. He looks like John Major, had John Major been Chilean.

Dour? They scored nearly 100 goals last season. Bob Paisley was hardly full of vitality and witty interviews when he was manager but he got the job done.

If it was a choice between Hodgson or Pellegrini then I'd rather we took Hodgson, simply because he knows English football and has experience from other countries too.

Taking on a foreign manager carries a certain risk, and I don't think Pellegrini's credentials are strong enough to make him a worthy risk.

That said, I loved watching the Villarreal side of 05-06. I actually think they'd have beaten Barca in the final that year had they not let their chance pass against Arsenal in the semis.

He'd be an excellent choice, I'd say he could even turn babel into a player.........................................................................................................................................Ok ok maybe not that much., but i would think he'd be a great option, I just think were gona have to wait for a takeover to appoint anybody permanent though

If it was a choice between Hodgson or Pellegrini then I'd rather we took Hodgson, simply because he knows English football and has experience from other countries too.

Taking on a foreign manager carries a certain risk, and I don't think Pellegrini's credentials are strong enough to make him a worthy risk.

That said, I loved watching the Villarreal side of 05-06. I actually think they'd have beaten Barca in the final that year had they not let their chance pass against Arsenal in the semis.

I really can't understand our fans/board

The European champs are after Benitez, but he isnt good enough for us after a poor season. The former coach of Real Madrid, who joined them last year and got a record points total before being sacked (as most coaches there end up) isn't good enough either but Roy Hodgson who managed Finland, Blackburn Rovers and Fulham is deemed good enough for Liverpool, O'Neill who spends 100 million and plays shite football too

it's like we live in this parallel universe

I really can't understand our fans/board

The European champs are after Benitez, but he isnt good enough for us after a poor season.

It's not just because of one bad season, people wanted him gone for more than that. But that's another issue.

And as I've said before, it's not a question of finding someone better it's about finding someone different. You don't always need the best manager, you need the right one.

Pellegrini took Villarreal, a club who's gate is 18,000 to the semi finals of the CL and 2nd in la liga, he bought players for a few million, improved them and sold for vastly more. He relishes working with a small budget, improving players and playing good football

considering where we find ourselves because of C & A I think he would be the best possible appointment

He tended to buy players from South America though which is alot easier in Spain as they aren't subject to the same WP laws as us, I wouldn't expect him to replicate that as successfully with us.

Guest Pistonbroke
Pellegrini would be sound with me if the owner situation was sorted, but he wouldn't have time to build a team before he got sacked by new owners. This is the problem with anything but an interim appointment.

I can see where others and yourself are coming from. But if we get in a manager who is doing a good job and has the players performing i don't see why new owners would necessarily sack him. I suppose if they were looking to invest heavily in the squad they might opt for a manager with a proven track record. But we might still end up with a manager who ticks all their boxes.

Some senior players were asked for their approval for manager. So they're informed about approaches to gaffers and their, Torres, Carra, Gerrard and Reina, point of view extremely matters now. Pepe knows Pellegrini from Villarreal, just one year though, Torres from La Liga and he might like him, as far as I remember he loved scoring agains Villarreal:), Gerrard and Carra will get info from Alf and Chubby. So next season we will have a manager, who'll sing "we all live in a yellow submarine" in the first press conference:)

Guest TK-421

I can't see this happening for a number of reasons. I think we'll probably go for someone from these shores - either Hodgson or SFG. I would also question Pellegrini's sanity if he was genuinely interested in the position after the xenephobic treatment of Rafa from large sections of the English media. He'd be in a vulnerable position if anything went wrong, so from Dalglish's and Purslow's (*spits*) perspective there's more risk in appointing him.

Whoever comes in pretty much has to hit the ground running, so someone who has to acclimatise to the Premier League brings additional risk and complications (I think it was RoboRiise who originally made this point).