You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ian St John

Red Nick

This site is quite magical when you can think how ballistic people might go if they could hear what you could hear. Today was one of those days when I was thinking how many people would have smashed there computer up or killed the cat.

Firstly this little episode proved that Ian St John is a true cunt but not what he said but for going on S--Talk Radio which is broadcast here in Spain. He was asked about Rafa to which he replied he will always be remembered for that CL win and will go down in folklore for it however it wasnt really him who won the trophy as he fucked it up with the team selection and changed it at half time and it was the players who won the trophy in spite of Rafa.

It made me laugh a lot just thinking about how some of you would implode on hearing such stuff.

Apparentloy on another thread Tommy Smith said something similar. Great players they may have been but I think some of the players from the 60's have a very simplistic view of the game nowadays and the likes of St.John, Smith and that fucking Paddy Crerand come across as bitter for some reason.

The shit St.John gave Houllier was outrageous and bordered, in fact it was xenophobic at times. Smithy isn't averse to a bit of racism either. I don't like them but I respect what they did for the club.

Apparentloy on another thread Tommy Smith said something similar. Great players they may have been but I think some of the players from the 60's have a very simplistic view of the game nowadays and the likes of St.John, Smith and that fucking Paddy Crerand come across as bitter for some reason.

The shit St.John gave Houllier was outrageous and bordered, in fact it was xenophobic at times. Smithy isn't averse to a bit of racism either. I don't like them but I respect what they did for the club.

I think it's a different Tommy Smith spelt 'Smyth' John, unless I'm missing a gag I don't understand on that thread. Spot on about St John though.

Surprise surprise he wants a british manager and even mentioned Bruce, the interviewer said what happens when Argentina win the world cup and Maradonna is the next Liverpool manager, I thought that would kill him but he said everyone would have to jump in the mersey. He would prefer Bruce to Lippi.

It's because of the amounts of money players are earning today, John.

Good player. Failed manager. Decent on telly in Saint and Greavsie.

Probably comes across as too bitter these days. I suspect the main reason is that the game is now littered with multi-millionaires who only possess a fraction of the talent and application he had. He played at the wrong time to reap all the financial rewards.

i heard saint on merseyside last night it might have been the same interview from talkshite he spoke a load of crap.he brought up rafa replacing all the academy staff and how shocking it was.that had me shouting at the radio is this the same academy staff who hadn't brought anyone through since gerrard.

we should count ourselves lucky that last season we managed to get hold of one the best youth academy directors around,lets just hope with rafa gone we can keep hold of him.

I met him a few years ago. Houlier was still with us. Let's just say he wasnt to fond of Ged.

The 180-degree from sycophancy for Roy and hatred of Gerard did for his reputation. The way he spoke to callers was a fucking disgrace in 98 and 99, but for completely different reasons.

I fuckin cant stand the man. Sometimes listen to Terrace Talk on City with him and `Snods`, jeez it makes my ears bleed but i cant turn it off, i have to listen until i`m in a mad fuckin rage for some reason.I reckon he might have been on Derrick Birds car radio on Wednesday, the man is one horrible arrogant aggressive twat. A while back a caller came on and he didnt agree with with something St John had said and made a few valid points, to be met with "What do you know, have you played at the highest level?" And started to take the piss out of him. Horrible arrogant cunt.

Guest The Chimp
I fuckin cant stand the man. Sometimes listen to Terrace Talk on City with him and `Snods`, jeez it makes my ears bleed but i cant turn it off, i have to listen until i`m in a mad fuckin rage for some reason.I reckon he might have been on Derrick Birds car radio on Wednesday, the man is one horrible arrogant aggressive twat. A while back a caller came on and he didnt agree with with something St John had said and made a few valid points, to be met with "What do you know, have you played at the highest level?" And started to take the piss out of him. Horrible arrogant cunt.

The daft twat. "You never lived in Egypt, nor have you been buried for two thousand years. How can you call yourself a Professor of Egyptology?"

St.John having a bit of a pop at Benitez over the Academy sackings last summer on Radio City.

Yeah,he was asking Uncle Roy about the Academy and how pissed off he was last year when Rafa sacked a load of staff naming Dave Shannon and Gary Ablett, who, he said, had been "there for years" (rafa is the one who took Ablett on, and must have been there for all of 2 years,you fuckin tool), and took on a load of "Spaniards" instead. God, i fuckin hate him, the senile old cunt. He might have been a great player, but he`s a black belt 7th dan in cuntish. And that fuckin laugh he does at EVERYTHING, like he`s gasping for breath. He, for me is up there with Collymore as the biggest cunt of an ex-player in the media and City actually give him a platform, unfuckinbelievable.

ian st john is a legend.

one of the greatest players to play for us.

no beating around the bush either, was happy to fight on the pitch and says it how it is off it.

dont always agree but respect the man.

too many soft shite politically correct faceless psychophants around these days