You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 9 months later...
14 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I watched Dirty Harry last night. I had never seen it before and yet I was sure I had. It was kind of great. I have to assume I haven't seen the sequels either.

In my humble opinion, the second film (Magnum Force) is the best one.

• Upvote 1

I love the outrageous double standards to police brutality in Magnum Force; how it's completely morally wrong for David Soul and his biker squad of vigilante cops to go round blasting perps with complete impunity, and yet it's completely right and proper that Dirty Harry should be encouraged to do precisely the same.

Shit, the film even ends when Harry deliberately assassinates his own boss by sticking a timebomb in the back seat of his squad car!

On 06/03/2012 at 22:46, Sugar Ape said:

Just watching Magnum Force now with a bottle of Gentleman Jack and a joint. Clint has got to be one of my favourite actors of all time. Leg.

On 15/01/2015 at 00:38, Sugar Ape said:

Magnum Force. Clint. Fuck yeah. 9/10.

magnum-force-1024x576.jpg

On 29/11/2013 at 17:42, Sugar Ape said:

Also, anything - at all - with Clint in it.

Nothing better than getting in pissed from the pub and Play Misty For Me or Magnum Force is just starting on BBC one. Love Magnum Force. Or Sudden Impact " Go ahead, make my day "

1 hour ago, Mook said:

In my humble opinion, the second film (Magnum Force) is the best one.

Yep. Magnum Force is brilliant. Definitely the best of the bunch. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Total Longo said:

Magnum Force is boss, but it doesn't have Andrew Robinson in it so the first one wins for me. He is the most skin-crawlingly creepy villain ever.

Movie Scene: Dirty Harry – My That's a Big One. | Cincinnati Babyhead

Brilliant.

He was also brilliant as uncle Frank in Hellraiser.

"Baby, so much for that cat and mouse shit"

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Brilliant.

Oddly enough i only watched that for the first time in 30 years this weekend. Holds up pretty well too, despite some ropey accents. In particular this fella (on the left...)

Hellraiser (1987)

28 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Brilliant.

That was the same guy in Hellraiser? Blimey, I didn't notice that.