You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just read that Max I said he doesn't know where the story has come from re: him going back to Newells Old Boys. He's got a year left on his contract and is only home for the birth of his child. Perhaps a trigger happy hack has jumped the gun?

Just a twatter rumour apparantly, he's going nowhere yet anyway

From sky sports

Maxi Rodriguez has dismissed reports he has left Liverpool following rumours he had joined Newell's Old Boys in his native Argentina.

The attack-minded midfielder was expected to leave Liverpool at the end of this season after making just 21 appearances, largely as a substitute, in the 2011/12 campaign.

Maxi has 12 months left on his contract, but appeared to wave goodbye to fans when he made his most recent Anfield appearance in the thrashing of Chelsea at the beginning of May.

After he was spotted in Rosario, it has been reported he had agreed a move to Newell's, but he insist this is not the case.

Fans' favourite Maxi told Ole newspaper: "I do not know where these things come from. I have one year left on my contract at Liverpool and did not talk to anybody."

The departure of former boss Kenny Dalglish and following appointment of Brendan Rodgers has given all fringe players at Liverpool a fresh chance.

• 9 years later...
1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

Would love to read the match thread, if this was an opposition player against us.

"Get him off the field NOW!"

"Fireworks WTF"

"For fucks sake he's crying"

"Did he just kiss the ground, what a fucking knob"

"Go-on, off you go dickhead"

"He's been shite for two seasons"

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Boss said:

"Get him off the field NOW!"

"Fireworks WTF"

"For fucks sake he's crying"

"Did he just kiss the ground, what a fucking knob"