You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How can we sell a player who gets 2 hat-tricks in 3 games? It's no mystery that he and Dirk have got bagfuls of goals in recent games with Kenny's tactics of getting players in the box. Add to that, the constant movement of Suarez and the confusion and panic that can induce and there's space opened up while 2 players are shitting themselves trying to keep Suarez at a distance. Doesn't work, mind you, as the little dynamo just never gives up on a ball or a lost cause, as witnessed by his winning of that penalty last week.

These three have become a great 'partnership' in recent weeks and it would be madness to think about selling a quality player who has started to really blossom in the right environment of encouraging manager and surrounding players.

What I'm loving right now is that he's not exactly being brilliant in his all round game - he still gives the ball away too often, and he'll always be slow - but lately he's been tenacious as fuck! His third goal tonight was a perfect example of that. I reckon he won the ball back 3 or 4 times (after he'd lost it at least twice) before he unleashed that awesome shot. Brilliant, and it's what we're now seeing from just about every player on the pitch under Kenny.

A few months ago I reckon he'd have lost it but then just strolled back in to position and i'd be on here slagging him off.

Most of all, though, he looks like Ben Affleck looking in to a spoon.

That works for me, so I'm delighted for him.

What I'm loving right now is that he's not exactly being brilliant in his all round game - he still gives the ball away too often, and he'll always be slow - but lately he's been tenacious as fuck! His third goal tonight was a perfect example of that. I reckon he won the ball back 3 or 4 times (after he'd lost it at least twice) before he unleashed that awesome shot. Brilliant, and it's what we're now seeing from just about every player on the pitch under Kenny.

A few months ago I reckon he'd have lost it but then just strolled back in to position and i'd be on here slagging him off.

I can't even be arsed searching for what you've said on Maxi, pretty sure it would of been along the lines of shite, sell him, bad Rafa free bee, worse player to wear the shirt etc. This is a nice way of back tracking why don't you just admit he was a decent player to start with (Yes not everything is down to Kenny although it helps) and he's still a decent player, its ok to admit you've spoken complete knee jerk, agenda driven shite!

I can't even be arsed searching for what you've said on Maxi, pretty sure it would of been along the lines of shite, sell him, bad Rafa free bee, worse player to wear the shirt etc. This is a nice way of back tracking why don't you just admit he was a decent player to start with (Yes not everything is down to Kenny although it helps) and he's still a decent player, its ok to admit you've spoken complete knee jerk, agenda driven shite!

Well fuck me for offering a little praise when it's due!

This is exactly why I don't post on here any more. Too many absolute wankers who you just can't win with, even when making a perfectly valid point and offering a player some fucking praise.

I'm not doing ANY back tracking. Are you really so fucking retarded that you're now considering him a successful signing? If you are, then you're even thicker than you've suggested with your stupid post above!

Overall, he's still a bad freebee, whoever fucking signed him!! Maybe I just have higher standards than you, but 3 weeks of half decent performances in the best part of 2 years for £80k+ a week doesn't exactly scream brilliance.

I always give credit where it's due, but forgive me if I'm keeping my cock in my pants just for now. Overall, he's still been a bit shit, and 2 hat tricks - whilst great for the lad and us - doesn't really change that.

I'm so happy about his recent performances. I wanted us to sign this lad for years and tbh I thought we'd missed the boat on him when he came and I was disappointed with him. Some of his play is good, but he just never really DID enough.

Well scratch that.

He's been fantastic recently. Long may it continue.

He reminds me of lads you would play footy with at school. You know the type who would be labelled as goal hangers but were in the right place more often than not because they got had a brain and would make the right runs. I'm glad he scored his second the way he did since he made Baird look as shit as he is and boy is he a fucking donkey of the highest order.

I'm with Tom R.

I don't think he's been a great signing overall, and he really is fucking slow, but you have to give him credit; two hat-tricks and some great displays of late.

He's probably done enough to ensure he remains here another season at least, but I wouldn't be that upset if we did decide to get rid.

Was more pissed than I thought last night! He's a Argentinian international and he was signed on a FREE, he plays well when the teams playing exciting, attacking football, he's scoring loads a goals and still some people aren't satisfied! Fuck me the next time Messi, Robben, Ronaldo, Kaka etc are available on free's we should be taking a punt on these to fill the squad instead

• 1 year later...

Just read that Max I said he doesn't know where the story has come from re: him going back to Newells Old Boys. He's got a year left on his contract and is only home for the birth of his child. Perhaps a trigger happy hack has jumped the gun?

Hahahaha, brilliant!