You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What an awesome signing! It goes to show that quality is what counts. He wasn't getting a game at Atletico and after a couple of games, he is first choice for us and for Argentina. And for peanuts in today's prices!

We need a few more signings like Maxi!

90mil a week! Any wonder we're going under?

. Ryhme.

Terence, I believe "k" is the accepted abbreviation of thousand.

And, in Maxi's case, it should not be preceded by a 90. He's not on that much. He's on a lot, like, but not that much.

And even if it was, then there's far worse players on far more money elsewhere.

I think I'll cry if, fingers crossed we've everyone fit for next season, but he's forced to play second fiddle to treacle boots Dirk Kuyt.

I'd doubt he's on 90 grand a week tbh. It's not like he had loads of offers. but even if he was, look at it this way, instead of paying a £10m fee, and paying him 50K, we pay him 90K and don't pay the transfer fee.

Class player and imo provides a good balance/partnership with Johnson down the right. We just need the same down the left. Maybe a more defensive minded full back but a more attacking/direct left sided winger.

Agreed.

90mil a week is not peanuts.

Great player though. Comfortable on the ball, good movement and eye for a pass.

Terence, I believe "k" is the accepted abbreviation of thousand.

And, in Maxi's case, it should not be preceded by a 90. He's not on that much. He's on a lot, like, but not that much.

And even if it was, then there's far worse players on far more money elsewhere.

Dude...

Maxi was on £85,000 a week at Athletico and apparently took pay cut to come to us but figure not known, still very significant i'd imagine. Personally i think he's been avergae since joining us, guy hasn't been in top form for few years now. Hope he has great World Cup and comes back flying for next season but IMO i think he'll only be a squad player for us. Heart says yes head says no. Better option than Kuyt though at RM

I think he did alright after looking pretty average in his first couple of games (the mancs at OT apart).

He keeps possession really well and has an eye for a pass. I reckon if he had pace we probably wouldn't have him here.

He is the type of player who relies on pace and movement from his teammates. If Torres, Gerrard etc make good runs, he will find them with passes and he keeps the ball really well.

He won't beat two or three defenders with pace or skill. But he will 'pass and move' very effectively. I like him, but I think if he is going to be in the side we need a more direct player on the other flank to compliment his style.

Good to see he got a couple of goals the other night. Maybe he should take our free kicks / corners instead of Gerrard?!

He is the type of player who relies on pace and movement from his teammates. If Torres, Gerrard etc make good runs, he will find them with passes and he keeps the ball really well.

He won't beat two or three defenders with pace or skill. But he will 'pass and move' very effectively. I like him, but I think if he is going to be in the side we need a more direct player on the other flank to compliment his style.

Good to see he got a couple of goals the other night. Maybe he should take our free kicks / corners instead of Gerrard?!

Spot on mate, offers much more on the righ than Kuyt, whether Maxi will be a success or not i just don't know, time will tell i suppose

He's a perfect right midfielder for us in a 4-4-2.

We just need to cash in on Babel & Reira to get a quality left sided player & sell Masch to Real Madrid in ex change for Higuain & Diarra and bobs your uncle we're sorted (apart from left back)

Something like this?

-----------------------------Reina------------------------------

Johnson--------Carragher----------------Skrtel------------Agger

Maxi-------------Diarra-------------------Gerrard-----------Silva

------------------Torres------------------Higuain----------------

That would never happen, as Kuyt would always play under Rafa.