You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dunno if there's a thread already but he has handed in a transfer request and City are supposedly willing to let him go for 10 million.

Thats a baragin. We would be mad not to be in for that. A goalscoring box to box midfielder with a great eye for a pass. Yes he's insane but I think we are missing someone like this.(his football not insanity)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pistonbroke

Would be a decent signing if we had the money, but we might still have the money depending who is shipped out/ wanting to leave. I bet he ends up at Spurs though.

£10m for a proven premier league player is a great deal for some team, he would qualify in the home player rule as he's been with City from a kid, maybe if aqualani went back to Italy or heaven forbid Gerrard left he'd be a good signing for us, but we're well stocked up there for now, left winger and left back are prioritys to go into 1st team

If he can't get in City's side why would you want him here? It isn't a Mascherano situation - he's just not good enough to get in their side.

We've got a similar type but far better player in Aquilani.

Exactly!

Except Ireland is quicker, fitter, scores more goals and is a different type of player

I don't like him, I think he's a twat but after a season out in the cold at City I think he might now be ready to take his head out of his arse. Quality player if he gets his mind right and worth a gamble. Of course where £10m comes from might be a problem.

Exactly!

Except Ireland is quicker, fitter, scores more goals and is a different type of player

Thank you for posting that. Add the fact that he is 2 or 3 years younger to that also.

However, the lad is bonkers and is one of those players that needs to be loved and he certainly wont get that from the current management at the club. I have been told that he is getting the floor in his kitchen removed and is getting it replaced with a giant fish tank. Some people have way too much money.

Where does he play these days?

In a 4-2-3-1 he could take Dirk's role. He's not a winger, but he isn't a central player either is he? If he was tucked in a bit from the right hand side he'd be a decent option.

Offload Babel and Riera and we'd have enough for him. Though I'd sooner we strengthened the other side of the pitch first.