You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Blackpool or Cardiff  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Blackpool or Cardiff

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was refreshing to see a team with limited players fighting the odds and a manager who gets the ultimate out of every single one of those players.

They will go down but they won't disgrace themselves. They could surprise one or two teams especially early on in the season and some sides wouldn't fancy going to Bloomfield Road in mid-January on a Wednesday night, I am thinking the likes of Spurs and Arsenal here.

Even if they do go down they have a platform to build on now and I just hope it isn't one of those situations were a manager gets a team promoted, they struggle, go down and then sack their manager after a bad start the year after in the Championship as tends to be the case normally.

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Blackpool are going straight down, it depends on what they do in the summer. The Premier League is "blessed" with some shite to average teams just waiting to implode.

Wolves, West Ham and Wigan are almost begging to go down next season with the way they're going, then you've got West Brom who always go down, because that's just the way they are. Fucking hell, there are quite a few PL sides whose names start with a 'W', time to trim that down I reckon.

Excellent. Just what the premiership needs, a brand new set of complete tools. I dare say they're well versed in the fine art of "ooo are ya" and "eeeeeseeh" chanting too.

Yes, the top flight should just be a closed shop and supporters of clubs who haven't had much success should never have the chance to experience it.

Pleased for Jimmy Armfield, one of the good guys

Excellent. Just what the premiership needs, a brand new set of complete tools. I dare say they're well versed in the fine art of "ooo are ya" and "eeeeeseeh" chanting too.

_39948281_tangerine.jpg

And Cardiff would be any different?

Guest davelfc

Cannot wait for our away game, roller coaster rides, tacky shite, clowns and ridiculous performances.

Then off to the funfair afterwards.

Absolutely chuffed to fucking pieces.

Never in my lifetime did I think Blackpool would be in the top flight. I'm too pissed too look can someone bump my holloway thread as i think its very worthy today. Blackpool played some cracking stuff again today and such a big occasion.

And if anyone hasn't seen holloways dressing room interview on sky after the game get on it..... total legendary status personified. one of the best football related moments of the season for me. His attitude is brilliant and I can't wait to see him next year.

Mega chuffed for my mates who will have been cooking down in London today. They've gone through thick and thin, followed them whatever division they've been in 3rd, 2nd and 1st. Redders comments are a joke, these are real fans. We fucking moan when we finish 7th in the top flight and don't win a trophy. We are arrogant and need perspective. Maybe its comig to us in the next few years and we'll realise how lucky we've been who knows. Lets not begrudge a small town club there moment in the limelight.

I represented the Blackpool town team at footy for 3 years and only for one of them did we actaully get a proper kit, the other two were borrowed/nicked from 3 seasons past. Its a fairytale story with a real hero at the helm. Put it this way after al the shite thats gone on with us over the last year or so, my love of the game has been reignited today.

Yes, the top flight should just be a closed shop and supporters of clubs who haven't had much success should never have the chance to experience it.

And Cardiff would be any different?

Fair comment chaps. This season has left me very cynical.

Cannot wait for our away game, roller coaster rides, tacky shite, clowns and ridiculous performances.

Then off to the funfair afterwards.

Dave, there's not enough rep on this site for that tremendous piece of posting. Superb.

That Holloway interview was classic after the game. Surely I'm not the only one who started comparing him to David Brent?

the guys a fucking legend. i hope people who have missed it get to see it . John G i know will love it if he hasn't already seen it. The premiership is going to be a better place next season for ian holloway.

the guys a fucking legend. i hope people who have missed it get to see it . John G i know will love it if he hasn't already seen it. The premiership is going to be a better place next season for ian holloway.

Can you find the link mate at all? Dying to see it. Nice one.