You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Don't talk poo poo. He won't at all!

But if he goes on to be a massive success then I'm not having him take any credit for it either.

Shlevey was souted and signed by Kenny Dalglish as part of a new scouting initiative. It had fuck all to do with Macia or Benitez.

Benitez might well have have given it his "blessing" (oh, thank you Great One!) but he had fuck all to do with unearthing the talent.

...which probably means that he will be a success.

You've got to give a little credit to Rafa for Employing Dalglish FFS......

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't play in the same position and wouldn't command the same transfer fee.

A fairer comparison would be Kuyt and Malouda. Nobody in their right mind would take Kuyt.

Didn't Rafa try to buy Malouda but were outbid by Chealsea? And I wouldn't really say Malouda has a questionable attitude either. Probably not the best of sticks to beat Rafa with.

What about Kuyt or Pennant?

Or if they have to command the same fee, Kuyt or Queresma or Joaquin from a few years ago?

Its not avery good arguement as will always find players that can prove the other one wrong.

Really a good team/squad, if they can't have players with both the attitude and the technique throughout, should have a team with both types of player so that they can compliment each other.

You've got to give a little credit to Rafa for Employing Dalglish FFS......

Fine.

But what has that got to do with Jonjo Shelvey not being signed by Benitez?

And Dalglish doesn't work for Benitez anyway by the way, and he wasn't "employed" by him, even if Rafa made the initial approach.

He works for Liverpool FC. Dalglish's role is to act as some stability and a constant - managers will come and go but Dalglish will remain.

Truth hurts doesn't it?

Most people who've ever worked with Benitez or for him can't fucking stand him. Many of our current players can't fucknig stand him. Many of our ex players can't fucking stand him, and many of them were world class players who we could really do with now. Loads of his management peers all over the world can't fucking stand him. Fans of other clubs can't stand him. Board members wherever he's worked can't fucking stand him. Influential people in the media can't fucking stand him.

I can't stand him.

Everywhere he goes, people just can not stand him.

he could probably have a fall out with himself standing in a fucking phone box.

This isn't because he's a proper sound bloke. It's because he's a fucking prick.

Sorry.

Not wishing to blow smoke up yer arse here, but Reina, Torres, Garcia, Bellamy, Gerrard, Mascherano and plenty of others are in print as saying he has improved them as players, they have respect for him yadda yadda yadda... Dalglish hates him so much he brought Rush into the club to work alongside him, Tommy Smith who had right fucking pops at Houllier towards the end of his reign has not been anywhere near as vehement against Rafa, and said only that he needs to let the fans know his plans. Other teams managers and players hate him.... SO FUCKING WHAT??? maybe because he kept their team out the top 4 and Euope for 5 years, maybe because he had a Liverpool side capable of destroying the best sides in Europe - whilst also getting beat by burnley or reading. Influential media people cannot stand him - would this be Bascombe - the little fuck who has been slurping the sweat off the texans plums for the past 2 years..

Ah but here's the big one YOU can't stand him, well fuck me mate, but I couldn't really give a flying fuck on that one, just because this is yer cousins site you mooch about giving it the Billy Big Bollocks and the pied pipers minions snap at yer feet.

You love giving it the Jeremy Kyle and stirring up the shit on here and thats a motherfucking FACT

but my point was that he has failed to meet his objectives this season (4th spot) and should be sacked

how Purslow or whoever is going about trying to get him out of teh club is not my concern - obviously they want rid but want to pay him off as little as possible

the severance package should not be a full pay out for the remaining years of his contract if he has failed to meet objectives - which we all agree he has

You don't understand how these contract things work do you? If it's in his contract that he gets paid the remainder of his contract then he gets paid the remainder of his contract.

Didn't Rafa try to buy Malouda but were outbid by Chealsea? And I wouldn't really say Malouda has a questionable attitude either. Probably not the best of sticks to beat Rafa with.

I seem to remember we hesitated because Malouda wasn't desperate enough to sign for us, that's why I used him as a comparison. He was available for £11m and we ended up with Babel instead for a similar price. A bit like Chamakh not being totally arsed about who he signed for this summer.

Anyway, christ knows what we're talking about now. The point I initially was making was that Benitez was talking up another player for having the right attitude and passion, and for once it'd just be nice to hear him talk about a player having great pace or creativity. We've had 5 years of mentality and hard workers like Kuyt and Lucas, it doesn't fill you with much joy.

Ah but here's the big one YOU can't stand him, well fuck me mate, but I couldn't really give a flying fuck on that one, just because this is yer cousins site you mooch about giving it the Billy Big Bollocks and the pied pipers minions snap at yer feet.

You love giving it the Jeremy Kyle and stirring up the shit on here and thats a motherfucking FACT

Ahh, now I get it. Nepotism. Who'd av thunk it?

I seem to remember we hesitated because Malouda wasn't desperate enough to sign for us, that's why I used him as a comparison. He was available for £11m and we ended up with Babel instead for a similar price. A bit like Chamakh not being totally arsed about who he signed for this summer.

Anyway, christ knows what we're talking about now. The point I initially was making was that Benitez was talking up another player for having the right attitude and passion, and for once it'd just be nice to hear him talk about a player having great pace or creativity. We've had 5 years of mentality and hard workers like Kuyt and Lucas, it doesn't fill you with much joy.

I remember it being reported that he was going mad cos he got Malouda to agree to come and done a deal, but the board were too slow in closing the deal.

Then Chelsea came in and he went there instead.

I think you need to read the original choice again:

Player A - Great technique, questionable attitude

or

Player B - Average technique, incredible workrate and mentality

Both cost £5m.

Which one of Torres and Drogba is limited in technique?

Go on, Kuyt or Malouda? I dare you.

Kuyt every time for me. Far better record over the period they've both spent in the prem. Put Kuyt in the Chelsea team and he would have made much more of an impact on the prem - Put Malouda in our team and he would have been slaughtered LONG before now.

I think Drogba is limited in technique as a footballer - not many better goalscorers but Torres is a much much better footballer and as far as I know, Even if Torres was to take penalties, he wouldn't sulk around the pitch for half an hour because he didn't get to take one.

TORRES every fucking time and no mistake!

But anyway - now that you've almost high-jacked the thread - where in the article did it say they wouldn't look at players WITH technique as well as the right attitude?

Benitez signed cos he wanted to make himself 'unsackable'

his plan is to wait out the yanks selling up

what i'm saying is that he has had money - even if only through sales - to spend

he can't keep throwing a strop and saying it isn't enough - it is what it is - get on with job you are paid to do and manage the funds and the players effectively

for example if money is tight then don't piss off one of your best players so much that they want to leave

Why haven't you bought me the Echo? I gave you 2p.

Not wishing to blow smoke up yer arse here, but Reina, Torres, Garcia, Bellamy, Gerrard, Mascherano and plenty of others are in print as saying he has improved them as players,

I'd wager that at least four or possibly five of those six players think he's a fucking tit, whether he improved their game or not and whatever they've said as much "in print".

you don't go to the papers and tell everyone what a tit you think your boss is a tit.

he's a tit. Deal with it.

he's as much a part of the problem as any of the cunts running our club right now.

They all need to go.

I think Drogba is limited in technique as a footballer.

I think you're about as wrong as it's possible to be. Drogba is one of the best strikers in the world. I just can't see how anyone could possibly denigrate his technique unless it was to try to back up a slightly tenuous point.

I'd rather have a Carragher than a Drogba.

I'd rather have a Torres than a Ibrahimavich

You?

Babel or Drogba ?

Robben or Kuyt ?

As for the manager, similar to the thread regarding Mascherano, he will do what suits him as most modern footballers do, loyalty is another word for pay rise for some. Mr Benitez will remember LFC for what he won here when he leaves, the City and fans will be forgotten. Tough love I know.

I think you're about as wrong as it's possible to be. Drogba is one of the best strikers in the world. I just can't see how anyone could possibly denigrate his technique unless it was to try to back up a slightly tenuous point.

He's a great goalscorer - of that there's no doubt. Much as Gerd Muller was, much as Dennis Law was. Neither of those players had the best footballing technique in the world.

Why are people getting fixated on individuals. The point being made (the one that has apparently been successfully high-jacked by 202 is the different between Good players with great attitude or good players with not a great attitude.

We all take great delight in signing players who say "I've was a boyhood Red" because we believe they will have the 'Liverpool way' ingrained in them already - therefore we can use that attitude to make them a great player. You don't make a player like Babel into a world superstar regardless of his skill and potential if he hasn't got the backbone and heart (read attitude) to apply himself.

What in that do you disagree with?

He's a great goalscorer - of that there's no doubt. Much as Gerd Muller was, much as Dennis Law was. Neither of those players had the best footballing technique in the world.

Why are people getting fixated on individuals. The point being made (the one that has apparently been successfully high-jacked by 202 is the different between Good players with great attitude or good players with not a great attitude.

We all take great delight in signing players who say "I've was a boyhood Red" because we believe they will have the 'Liverpool way' ingrained in them already - therefore we can use that attitude to make them a great player. You don't make a player like Babel into a world superstar regardless of his skill and potential if he hasn't got the backbone and heart (read attitude) to apply himself.

What in that do you disagree with?

gerd Muller was limited technically???

What the fuck?????

he was an INCREDIBLE footballer. he beat players with pace, with skill, with tricks, with just about everything you can think of.

Just cos he scored most from within the box doesn't stop him from being one of the greatest players to ever player the game you fool!