You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I know Tom is massively annoying, but what if he is right about the players regard for Rafa? What if he is right about a lot of stuff? I know he seems like an objectionable prick, but maybe he feels so strongly because he does know things that some people don't and it's pissing him right off?

I already thought it was time for Rafa to leave. Things have become stale and whatever the reasons be and wherever the fault lies, I thought it was time for a change. Added to that I've recently been told things by someone that I trust that make me think I can't wait for the day Rafa leaves.

I'm not going to give any more information. I do realise that the owners are the biggest problem and the problem that is costing us £1m every ten days. But I am now firmly of the belief that Rafa needs to go and the sooner he does the better.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one thing is not liking rafa, but mentioning it in every single fucking post is dreadful and it totaly fucks up the whole football forum.

we can start a thread about a squirl running into a football pitch in alaska and he would still turn it into a rafa bash thread

one thing is not liking rafa, but mentioning it in every single fucking post is dreadful and it totaly fucks up the whole football forum.

we can start a thread about a squirl running into a football pitch in alaska and he would still turn it into a rafa bash thread

Nut spend?

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Skids. That's fair enough to be honest. But Benitez had FUCK ALL to do with the signing of the Shelvey kid.

Believe whatever you want, but he didn't. Whether he turns out to be shit or amazing, it still had fuck all to do with Benitez. It's a stupid little point, but I'm making it anyway.

The club are full of shit if that's what they're saying, but I think we all surely know that by now anyway!

An "official statement" from just about anyone at this shitty outfit we've now become isn't worth the steam off my shit.

I didn't read it in the papers. I didn't get it from "a tabloid". That's just the way it is.

As i said, it doesn't even matter really. Believe what you want.

But as for my input being "woeful" on here lately. I have to agree with you completely.

I just can't argue with that. I am a repetitive, boring, aggro, miserable arl twat. and it goes against everything I am in real life.

I guess, on here, I just mirror what I now see of our once great club.

We're fucking woeful on the pitch. We're woeful off the pitch. So I guess I'm just full of woe when I'm on here. I don't like it any more than you do, believe me....

Bad, bad times.

In fact, it's probably the worst times I can remember to be a Red, Hillsborough & Heysel aside. That's how sad I am about Liverpool these days, and I put as much of that at Rafa's door as i do anyone elses.

I'm not going to apologise for other people's failings making me a grumpy, woeful, miserable and aggro cunt.

If they have signed a player without his sayso, they are in breach of his contract, and he'll deserve every penny of his £16,000,000 when he walks

But they didn't and he isn't, and no matter of crying about it on here is going to change that

Sorry

If they have signed a player without his sayso, they are in breach of his contract, and he'll deserve every penny of his £16,000,000 when he walks

But they didn't and he isn't, and no matter of crying about it on here is going to change that

Sorry

Oooohhhh!!!!

Truth hurts doesn't it?

Most people who've ever worked with Benitez or for him can't fucking stand him. Many of our current players can't fucknig stand him. Many of our ex players can't fucking stand him, and many of them were world class players who we could really do with now. Loads of his management peers all over the world can't fucking stand him. Fans of other clubs can't stand him. Board members wherever he's worked can't fucking stand him. Influential people in the media can't fucking stand him.

I can't stand him.

Everywhere he goes, people just can not stand him.

he could probably have a fall out with himself standing in a fucking phone box.

This isn't because he's a proper sound bloke. It's because he's a fucking prick.

Sorry.

So everyone hates Rafa eh? Nobody rates him eh?

Gerrard - Quote Number 1: Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has hailed Rafa Benitez as an "outstanding" manager, lauding the Spaniard's "clever" handling of Jose Mourinho's mind games and his "tactical masterstrokes" against Chelsea and Barcelona in Europe.

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres says sacking manager Rafael Benitez will not solve the club's current ills.

Torres - Quote Number 2:

Out of the Champions League and off the pace in the race to qualify for next season's tournament, the Reds have won just three times in 12 games.

"I think sacking the manager is not a solution," said Torres, who thinks the players are to blame more than Benitez.

"We have to play much better. The players are the people that have to find a solution to the situation."

Mascherano - Quote Number 3: Midfielder Javier Mascherano has praised Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez for making him "a better player and a better person".

"Rafa is totally different from (Argentina coach) Diego Maradona and the other managers I've had.

"For three and a half years I've been working with Rafa and I can now say I'm a better player and a better person from when I arrived here.

"That's down to Rafa and his staff."

Alonso - Quote Number 4: Under-fire Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has received a vote of confidence from an unlikely source in former Anfield star Xabi Alonso.

The Spaniard ended his five-year association with Merseyside this summer in favour of a reported £30 million move to Real Madrid. The absence left by the midfielder's return to his homeland has been cited as a key factor in the Reds' faltering title challenge.

However Alonso, 27, has rubbished claims that the Kop boss should be sacked, insisting that Benitez is still the right man for the job.

He said: “It’s not the Liverpool way to sack a manager after a few bad results early in the season. They have full confidence in him and he is the right man for the club.

“I think he’s a great manager. He’s capable of managing the squad he has got right now. He has been making decisions for a long time.

“It wouldn’t be a good decision to change the manager. I still have great respect for him.

“I’m very grateful to him for the five great years I had at Liverpool."

Carra - Quote number 5: I felt I got closer than most of the players to Benitez when he first joined. I was able to get on with him instantly because he shared a distinctive feature with Gerard Houllier - his devotion to the game. Benitez's defensive wisdom impressed me most. It was a step up from what I'd enjoyed before. Houllier guided me towards becoming a top-class Premier League player, but Benitez has been the greatest overall influence on Jamie Carragher the defender.

He's brought the best out of me, transformed me into a centre-half of European pedigree. I've played the finest football of my career under Rafa. Every training session has included advice on how I can improve my game.

Reina – Quote Number 6: "Benitez is such a great manager," he said. "Of course there have been a lot of rumours, and we will have to wait and see.

"For me it is important that he stays as manager, and I hope that he does because he is the one who brought me to Liverpool and who gave me a lot of confidence at the club. But in the end it will be his decision, and he has four more years on his contract at Liverpool."

The same old regurgitated shite being written about Rafa by the ‘fickle contingent’ sucked in by media propaganda leaked by our very own club really beggars belief.

How the F**k does anybody know who hates who? Its laughable it really is.

Expectations – How the F**K do you expect a manager to challenge for a title when his squad has been severely depleted by injury, his best striker is out for 60% of the season (not fit for another 20%), his best player is out for 40% of the season (and never turned for the other 60%).

He is competing against Man Utd who have been spending money like its going out of fashion since 1995, against Chelski who are backed by a Russian oligarch, against Man City who have spent £243 million in 3 seasons, against Aston Villa who were Europes 3rd highest spenders in 2009 behind Real Madrid and Inter Milan. For F**ks sake take your foot off his head. The reality is we are 7th in the Prem and that is about right for the season we have had on and off the field. You should be careful what you wish for because you are going to drive away one of the worlds top coaches and have him replaced with a two bob yes man who will take Liverpool further into the abyss. Who will you blame then?

And the obsession about Rafas £16 million pay off is extraordinary. What difference does it make? This manager signed a contract for 5 years at £16 million allegedly. Why should he forfeit one single penny? There is not one supporter out there who would forfeit any amount in wages owed to him by his employer, so what makes Rafa so different.

did any1 watch revista on sky....consortium trying to buy us and get mourinho...if true id be happy. Mourinho dont play better football then rafa, but he plays trophy winning football. God i hope we get a rich arab or 1 of the ambani brothers

Hopefully potential new owners are talking to Mourinho behind the scenes as Graham Hunter apparently said on talksport. I dont mind anyone trying to undermine or oust Benitez in any way shape or form if this is the case, as it is for the good of the club in the long run. We need a winner in charge.

Edited by JMARKH

Not being funny but people to need to give it a rest with this Rafa out shite, everyone thinks the same, we know the club's in a mess, but were talking about the same subjects for the last 4 weeks now.........

4 weeks?

I've been peeking in through the curtains in disbelief for months. Feels Longer!

The same old regurgitated shite being written about Rafa by the ‘fickle contingent’ sucked in by media propaganda leaked by our very own club really beggars belief.

How the F**k does anybody know who hates who? Its laughable it really is.

Expectations – How the F**K do you expect a manager to challenge for a title when his squad has been severely depleted by injury, his best striker is out for 60% of the season (not fit for another 20%), his best player is out for 40% of the season (and never turned for the other 60%).

He is competing against Man Utd who have been spending money like its going out of fashion since 1995, against Chelski who are backed by a Russian oligarch, against Man City who have spent £243 million in 3 seasons, against Aston Villa who were Europes 3rd highest spenders in 2009 behind Real Madrid and Inter Milan. For F**ks sake take your foot off his head. The reality is we are 7th in the Prem and that is about right for the season we have had on and off the field. You should be careful what you wish for because you are going to drive away one of the worlds top coaches and have him replaced with a two bob yes man who will take Liverpool further into the abyss. Who will you blame then?

And the obsession about Rafas £16 million pay off is extraordinary. What difference does it make? This manager signed a contract for 5 years at £16 million allegedly. Why should he forfeit one single penny? There is not one supporter out there who would forfeit any amount in wages owed to him by his employer, so what makes Rafa so different.

This is the crux of the pro-Rafa side.

I've shyed away from the Rafa threads (which means I'm not really reading much these days...) so I shall grace the forum with my wisdom, which granted might be as short as an Arctic summer, but nonetheless:

I would hope a manager who is entering his 6th season would have planned for exactly that regarding Torres. As for Gerrard-- an off season-- why? I'm not prepared to lay that all at Rafa's feet but as manager he needed to do something to motivate Gerrard. Benetiz's strength is not man management in my opinion.

He is competing against Man Utd who have been spending money like its going out of fashion since 1995, against Chelski who are backed by a Russian oligarch, against Man City who have spent £243 million in 3 seasons, against Aston Villa who were Europes 3rd highest spenders in 2009 behind Real Madrid and Inter Milan. For F**ks sake take your foot off his head. The reality is we are 7th in the Prem and that is about right for the season we have had on and off the field.

And this is nothing new. One of the main reasons he was brought here was because of exactly that-- his La Liga title with light spending Valencia compared to RM and Barca. He knew, we knew, the world knew we weren't going to be able to throw silly money around. Thus when you have two monumental disasters of transfers in Keane and Aquilani the effect is crippling. But this season Man U went down to the wire losing arguably the second best player in the world to Real and a damn good striker in Tevez. The reality is, after 6 years, we should not be finishing 2 points ahead of Everton.

You should be careful what you wish for because you are going to drive away one of the worlds top coaches and have him replaced with a two bob yes man who will take Liverpool further into the abyss. Who will you blame then?

David Moores.

But for Fratton Park and all the other displays of turgidity I'll put most of the blame where it belongs- on the manager.

This I agree with 100% (c. Red Nick). He signed a contract put in front of him and I've no doubt he puts in the hours and effort. He's not out acting like a dick on the town (shitandje) or dressed like some fucking leopard (Voronin) or spouting non-stop shite like Allaradyce. Rafa is politician, tactician in football and boardroom. I've no doubt he believes, in his mind, he's doing things that will lead to success. It's just that the results don't bear that out anymore.

I've not reached the point that some have of just despising him but I can see how they would feel that way. He is but one piece of the problem puzzle at our club. I believe a change of manager is needed. I do not want Benetiz in control of transfers and he has total control. I think he is just as much a political tactician as he is a European football tactician. I think he is very media savvy. I believe he has become very arrogant the last few years; this is not the humbled man of Istanbul with a shy smile, not the man who glanced at his watch when Mellor scored against Olympiakos, not the man who backed Crouch during his goal drought.

To sum it up, I feel the same right now as I did about Houillier although Benetiz, to me, will always hold a place somewhere in my heart; right now, though, like a marriage gone bad, I just want him out of the club.

Guest The Chimp
I know Tom is massively annoying, but what if he is right about the players regard for Rafa? What if he is right about a lot of stuff? I know he seems like an objectionable prick, but maybe he feels so strongly because he does know things that some people don't and it's pissing him right off?

I already thought it was time for Rafa to leave. Things have become stale and whatever the reasons be and wherever the fault lies, I thought it was time for a change. Added to that I've recently been told things by someone that I trust that make me think I can't wait for the day Rafa leaves.

I'm not going to give any more information. I do realise that the owners are the biggest problem and the problem that is costing us £1m every ten days. But I am now firmly of the belief that Rafa needs to go and the sooner he does the better.

I've heard this too many times (from people I'd certainly not usually have down as gullible or stupid) for it not to have piqued my interest. What I don't understand is why whatever it is Benitez has allegedly done remains such a secret, unless of course it is because it's totally unfounded? This again though confuses me, as as I said, some of the people who seem to be hinting at something untoward don't strike me (Adam for example) as being easily led or rabidly anti-Benitez. So, is there something we should all know or not? Or am I simply too far away and missing the obvious?

Edited by The Chimp

This is the crux of the pro-Rafa side.

With all due respect NP, it's not.

The crux of the "pro-Rafa side" is:

"I still hold hope he can turn it around, I think he's been a good manager in the past, and I can't see G&H appointing anyone better. Oh, I don't think our own fans should be calling the manager a prick and a cunt".

All the rest you've replied to is just excuses and window dressing nonsense.

It's the same the other way.

The crux of the "anti-Rafa side" is:

"Rafa has cocked up loads of transfers recently, he's too defensive, we finished fucking 7th, should have done better even taking into account the shit from the owners. He hasn't got the best out of our squad for a while. I think we need a new manager."

All the rest, rumours, the players hate him, rubbing hands, etc. is again just bollocky nonsense.

I've not reached the point that some have of just despising him but I can see how they would feel that way. He is but one piece of the problem puzzle at our club. I believe a change of manager is needed. I do not want Benetiz in control of transfers and he has total control. I think he is just as much a political tactician as he is a European football tactician. I think he is very media savvy. I believe he has become very arrogant the last few years; this is not the humbled man of Istanbul with a shy smile, not the man who glanced at his watch when Mellor scored against Olympiakos, not the man who backed Crouch during his goal drought.

To sum it up, I feel the same right now as I did about Houillier although Benetiz, to me, will always hold a place somewhere in my heart; right now, though, like a marriage gone bad, I just want him out of the club.

Good post that, this is how I feel too but if he pisses about for much longer it'll only have an adverse effect on next season and I know it'll turn to hate.

Not being funny but people to need to give it a rest with this Rafa out shite, everyone thinks the same, we know the club's in a mess, but were talking about the same subjects for the last 4 weeks now.........

and still another 3 till the world cup starts

everyone just anxious to see the club sold and Benitez moved on is all

Shocking, I knew who Stanley Mathews, Nat Lofthouse, Puskas, Eusebio were despite not having any connection to them at all or being around when they were remotely current.

Oh come on, surely people understood what Johnny was saying - yes he would have heard of Dalglish but enough to have him decide where his future in football was going to be?

Get the context of this right - this is a very very young man who has probably been pampered throughout his life due to his evidently higher than average ability to play football. He will no doubt have been interested in current footballers and a number of older footballers and in that case would no doubt have heard of Kenny Dalglish but I can imagine his interest in Kenny Dalglish would have been to the level of say someone in my generation hearing of Danny Blanchflower - Obviously Danny did good things for Spurs and Northern Ireland but if I was going to be a professional footballer would I simply commit myself to Danny Blanchflowers old club because he came and spoke to me and my agent in an Advisory, Ambasadorial role?

I don't think so.