You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Good article by Maddock

TopMod

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zig I think anyone who wanted to sack the manager at the end of the season or before could be used as evidence for that.

Given that there was no way the owners would or could be gone by then.

Not really. Those who want the manager sacked have got their own reasons.

For example, I want him sacked because he is not getting the best out of what he has got. And he is pretty poor in the transfer market (again, with what he has got).

If the owners are cunts in a company and if the marketing department finished the year miles of the target they were set at the start, I would still expect the marketing manager to get sacked, even if the owners remain.

That is the message that senior sources want us to hear. That does not mean that the message is correct, though. What the real situation is depends a lot on what Broughton really has an authority to do.

We'll never know though - and simply looking at the damage the Leeches are doing, going on their previous (and indeed current) track record, the odds are that the fire sale will take place before they blink - no doubt citing the banks as the reason they have to sell the players.

So make your mind up - are N'Gog, El Zhar, Derby, Babel etc ready for the Prem yet or not.

What does seem a little stupid to me is people using players like this as a tool to beat Benitez with and then claiming we should be higher up the table with players like these.

The Squad we have IS NO BETTER THAN 7th PLACE. That's the truth of the matter - no amount of hoping, wishing, willing it to be different will make it so. The Squad we have is PURELY DOWN TO THE LEECHES SPENDING POLICY since they have been here.

Just over £10m net per year since H&G have been here...effectively a Dirk Kuyt per year., or half a Robbie Keane.

Zig I think anyone who wanted to sack the manager at the end of the season or before could be used as evidence for that.

Given that there was no way the owners would or could be gone by then.

No, we've always needed rid of both mate, and I don't believe there is a single poster on this forum who would not prefer the owners to go first.

Before the club was up for sale and with the owners seeking an investment partner, it was my firm belief we would have to sack him at the end of the season at the latest. That's not because I wanted him out before the owners, just what looked practicable. With the club up for sale this has obviously changed because any new appointment before the sale would be a dead man walking.

In an ideal world the club will be sold before the end of the season and we can make a clean sweep of the whole stinking, filthy rats nest.

Before this turns into another Rafa-thread I would like to ask a question I've been thinking about. All these numbers and financial terms give me a headache, but maybe someone else have a qualified opinion.

Basically what I wonder, is if there is good old-fashioned corruption going on with the clubs finances?

I know that the americans are sucking us dry and are totally immoral in getting as rich as possible, but I haven't seen anyone suggesting that they are doing something illegal. I just can't phantom how we can be in so much debt! Where have all the money gone? Especially the money borrowed from Kop holding, and the money used on the non-existing stadium. How can they have used that amount, without even a shovel in the ground? Sounds like the finances in old Banana-republics to me, where all the money ended up in swiss bank accounts...

So make your mind up - are N'Gog, El Zhar, Derby, Babel etc ready for the Prem yet or not.

What does seem a little stupid to me is people using players like this as a tool to beat Benitez with and then claiming we should be higher up the table with players like these.

The Squad we have IS NO BETTER THAN 7th PLACE. That's the truth of the matter - no amount of hoping, wishing, willing it to be different will make it so. The Squad we have is PURELY DOWN TO THE LEECHES SPENDING POLICY since they have been here.

Make my mind up? On what? Your argument is stupid? Or whether Rafa is not getting the best out of our players?

Here it is: I've made my mind up. Your argument is fucking stupid and Rafa is not getting the best out of our players.

Keep drumming about El Zhar and Darby though - they hardly played this season! And Babel is yet another costly flop - guess who bought him?

Just over £10m net per year since H&G have been here...effectively a Dirk Kuyt per year., or half a Robbie Keane.

Yep - do you think that's enough to win the Prem? Do you think given the depth of the squad that £10 Mill a year (net) is enough to get in the top 4?

I don't - I think it's enough to get to about ....ohhhh ....7th.

We'll never know though - and simply looking at the damage the Leeches are doing, going on their previous (and indeed current) track record, the odds are that the fire sale will take place before they blink - no doubt citing the banks as the reason they have to sell the players.

Again, it depends on what Broughton's role really is. He may be in a position to make them blink. What is clear is that senior sources seem to want to paint a picture that is different from Broughton's public statements.

--------------------------Reina-------------------------

Glo-Jo----------Carra--------------Skrtel---------Agger

Maxi-----------Gerrard------------Mascherano------Babel

-----------------Kuyt------------Torres-----------------

All going the world cup.

I'd be delighted if we could field that team at the start of next season

Make my mind up? On what? Your argument is stupid? Or whether Rafa is not getting the best out of our players?

Here it is: I've made my mind up. Your argument is fucking stupid and Rafa is not getting the best out of our players.

Keep drumming about El Zhar and Darby though - they hardly played this season! And Babel is yet another costly flop - guess who bought him?

Yep, I'll keep drumming on about them because that's who we've got for backup in our squad.

Here's a proposition for you.

We have Torres, Gerrard, Johnson and Mascherano injured at the same time (which has happened this season).

We have N'gog. El Zhar, Derby and Spearing available to fill in

Do you think a team of

Reinna

Derby Carragher, Skrtel, Insua

Bennayoun, Spearing, Lucas, Kuyt

N'Gog, El Zhar

should command a place in the top 4 of the table?

7th is the best I think they could do. Don't just shout louder to get your point across - apply logic and debate your point.

All going the world cup.

given the current predicament yes - but that team won't guarantee qualification for the CL next season

All going the world cup.

Absolutely agree - and that's a team I would suggest could comfortabley get in the top 4.

Now take out Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano and Johnson for a period with injuries and what place would that team get?

Again, it depends on what Broughton's role really is. He may be in a position to make them blink. What is clear is that senior sources seem to want to paint a picture that is different from Broughton's public statements.

Aye you're probably right - just another part of the spin and politics our club has taken too lately.

I'm losing the will now.