You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The mighty Lucas Leiva.

Code

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From this thread I can only guess that Code doesn't follow international football and has knows nothing about Dunga's reign as Brazil coach. Especially his squad selections.

There are quite a few players who are better than what's been selected, just as with every other Dunga squad.

Whats their usual line up at the back?

Cesar

Maicon Lucio Luisao Other

Andre Santos played left back in the confederations cup, but Brazil don't really have a settled left back. Adriano at Sevilla is possibly the best Brazilian left back, but from this squad I'd guess that Bastos will be first choice.

Grafite being picked is an odd one. Dunga ignored him last season when he was in great form, but has picked him for the World Cup after a rather disappointing season. Nilmar hasn't been all that great at Villareal either.

Lucas wins Young Player gong

12th May 2010 - Latest News

Lucas Leiva was today crowned Liverpool's Young Player of the Season following a fans' vote on Liverpoolfc.tv.

After revealing Pepe Reina as the winner of our main award yesterday, we can confirm Lucas has won your vote as our best young star.

Thousands of votes were cast - but it was our Brazilian midfielder who clinched the accolade with 48 per cent of the vote.

Lucas was a virtual ever-present in Rafael Benitez's starting XI during the course of 2009-10 as he figured in all but three of Liverpool's Barclays Premier League fixtures.

In total, the 23-year-old made 50 appearances for the Reds after heading into the campaign on the back of a glowing endorsement from the boss, who hailed him as our best player of pre-season.

In fact, only Dirk Kuyt, Pepe Reina and Jamie Carragher turned out for the first team more than Lucas during the term.

Arguably the highlight of a season of real progression for our No.21 came during Liverpool's 4-1 Europa League quarter-final, second-leg victory over Benfica at Anfield in April.

Lucas capped a man of the match performance with a superbly taken goal, in which he coolly rounded the goalkeeper and slotted into an empty net after collecting Steven Gerrard's through pass.

Emiliano Insua was runner-up in our poll with 20 per cent of the vote, while David Ngog and Ryan Babel were joint third with 11 per cent each.

Lucas wins Young Player gong - Liverpool FC

Take a bow son, take a bow.

Cesar

Maicon Lucio Luisao Other

The reason I asked was because I wondered if they sometimes use Maicon on the left and Alves on the right or if they use Bastos.

There are a lot of good players left out that could do a job for Brazil, but make no mistake about it, Lucas Leiva is not one of them.

Surprise, surprise for some I guess, but he did not make the Brazilian squad for the World Cup.

These did though.

Keepers: Julio Cesar (Inter Milan), Doni (AS Roma), Gomes (Tottenham Hotspur)

Defenders: Maicon (Inter Milan), Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Michel Bastos (Olympique Lyon), Gilberto (Cruzeiro), Lucio (Inter Milan), Juan (AS Roma), Luisao (Benfica), Thiago Silva (AC Milan)

Midfielders: Gilberto Silva (Panathinaikos), Felipe Melo (Fiorentina), Ramires (Benfica), Elano (Galatasaray), Kaka (Real Madrid), Julio Baptista (Roma), Kleberson (Flamengo), Josue (VfL Wolfsburg).

Strikers: Robinho (Santos), Luis Fabiano (Sevilla), Nilmar (Villarreal), Grafite (VfL Wolfsburg).

How fucking desperate and empty is your life that you spend time and effort to grab the weakest of straws to attack Lucas?

Duly negged.

How fucking desperate and empty is your life that you spend time and effort to grab the weakest of straws to attack Lucas?

Duly negged.

I`m sure Lucas is heartbroken reading my thread.

Again, Lucas is actually pretty insignificant to me and it was more a dig at the members of the lucas cult.

Its pretty easy to spot them reading this thread though, amusing stuff really.

Again the reason for the title was a discussion in this thread at the start of the season.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/84091-lucas-9.html

So why did you have to start another thread, bellend?

Anyway, having just read through that thread again, it's good to see how far the lad has come since then. Starting to prove quite a few people wrong.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/82957-player-season-2009-10-current-standings-8.html

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Is Lucas 23 now?

How is he Young Player of the Year?

Shows the lack of young talent we have at the club now and says more about us than the player himself.

Year younger than Milner, who won the national award.