You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The mighty Lucas Leiva.

Code

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at that squad their defence and keepers seem their strength, why no Ronalidinho, I'm surprised at that. Looking back athe last world cup even though Zidane wasn't at his peak he still managed to pull the strings, real quality always shines through.

As for Gilberto Silva he is a bit like Hamann, at first you think what the fuck is he doing one of those clever clever midfielders who will do an excellent job anchoring the midfield.

Also why no Pato, that is real strange.

Looking at that squad their defence and keepers seem their strength, why no Ronalidinho, I'm surprised at that. Looking back athe last world cup even though Zidane wasn't at his peak he still managed to pull the strings, real quality always shines through.

As for Gilberto Silva he is a bit like Hamann, at first you think what the fuck is he doing one of those clever clever midfielders who will do an excellent job anchoring the midfield.

Also why no Pato, that is real strange.

Wow... I didn't notice that. Shocking, that.

Sad for the guy really because he's put a lot of effort in this season and has moved on. Maybe in 4 years time he'll have moved on to the point that he's included. They're Brazil basically, not just any international squad. Not massively surprised he's not there, and I'm sure that he'll be gutted about it, but will respond by carrying on trying his best and maybe make it next time. (because he'll have developed more skill.)

Pato has just started 6 games since 8th December because of injuries, I guess thats the reason.

Ahh, was about to post about this aswell, thanks for clearing things up, was lost trying to work that out. That guy could be terrorizing us and many others next season if Ancelotti can get hold of him.

Sorry that last comment has confused me?

Lippi names 30-man squad

Tuesday 11 May, 2010

------------------------------------

Italy boss Marcello Lippi has named a preliminary 30-man squad for the World Cup, which includes Villarreal striker Giuseppe Rossi but ignores Nicola Legrottaglie.

Aside from that, Lippi's squad is exactly the same as the one that gathered at Borghesiana in Rome last week, albeit with the expected addition of Daniele De Rossi who was then engaged in the Coppa Italia.

Goalkeepers: Buffon, Marchetti, De Sanctis, Sirigu

Defenders: Bocchetti, Bonucci, F. Cannavaro, Cassani, Chiellini, Criscito, Grosso, Maggio, Zambrotta

Midfielders: Camoranesi, Candreva, Cossu, De Rossi, Gattuso, Marchisio, Montolivo, Palombo, Pepe, Pirlo

Strikers: Borriello, Di Natale, Gilardino, Iaquinta, Pazzini, G. Rossi, Quagliarella

Guest PurpleNose

Made up that they won't be playing in the World Cup. They'll be gutted, but you know, its really funny, like.

I've never used one of those smiley things, and won't now. But that one where he's nutting the wall, well its apt.

Made up that they won't be playing in the World Cup. They'll be gutted, but you know, its really funny, like.

I've never used one of those smiley things, and won't now. But that one where he's nutting the wall, well its apt.

It seems like Lucas missing out on a place in a World Cup squad he never really was a contender for has really got to you.

Are you his mum?

Guest PurpleNose
It seems like Lucas missing out on a place in a World Cup squad he never really was a contender for has really got to you.

Are you his mum?

Having a Liverpool fan celebrating the fact one of our players has missed out on going to the World Cup has got to me.

You utter cunt.

Having a Liverpool fan celebrating the fact one of our players has missed out on going to the World Cup has got to me.

You utter cunt.

Who is celebrating?

Lucas has never really been an option for the squad, why would I celebrate the obvious.

Look at the other thread linked in this thread and you might understand its more a dig at those clueless fuckers who think Lucas is a seasoned international for Brazil, 19 games did Spy Bee say he had started, christ on a bike I say.

Embarrassing stuff.

Not suggesting for a second that Lucas is a world-beater and see him as cover at best, but I can't remember a single moment this season where he has been on the pitch where I have thought he hasn't been trying 100%.

Never mind , lets take the piss out of him for not making the World Cup.

The Liverpool Way indeed.

Of all the recent cuntish threads this is right up there.

Congratulations.

I have nothing to add.

*Gets out list that the Lucaucas use when they're defending their man.*

*Skims past " * Insert someone who is actually decent* had a bad game but of course Lucas gets made the scapegoat again"*

*Arrives at, and subsequently crosses out, " Gets his game for Brazil. Are you saying you know more than Benitez and the Brazil manager? Eh? Well? Hmmmm!???"

*Puts list away and laughs*

Embarrassing stuff.

Not suggesting for a second that Lucas is a world-beater and see him as cover at best, but I can't remember a single moment this season where he has been on the pitch where I have thought he hasn't been trying 100%.

Never mind , lets take the piss out of him for not making the World Cup.

The Liverpool Way indeed.

Is right

Another classic Code post.

Well done Code. Now go and satisfy some of those 1,000+ women you've pleasured. Nothing like a snidey post against an employee of the club.

He's employed to play a game called football, despite his obvious limits. Not exactly his fault he's not the next Zidane.

You Tit