You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

England Squad

Carradona

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Goalkeepers

Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green

Defenders

Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, John Terry, Stephen Warnock

Midfielders

Gareth Barry, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott,

Forwards

Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney

That would be my final 23 from that list of players Capello has selected.

Baines, King, Upson, Carrick, SWP, Huddlestone and Heskey get the chop from the final 23.

I heard Benzema didnt make the french squad, is that true?

Domenech is mental.

EDIT:

Haha, Cisse made it over him.

Squad: Cedric Carrasso (Bordeaux), Mickael Landreau (Lille), Hugo Lloris (Lyon), Steve Mandanda (Marseille);

Eric Abidal (Barcelona), Gael Clichy (Arsenal), Patrice Evra (Manchester United), Rod Fanni (Rennes), William Gallas (Arsenal), Marc Planus (Bordeaux), Adil Rami (Lille), Anthony Reveillere (Lyon), Bacary Sagna (Arsenal), Sebastien Squillaci (Sevilla);

Abou Diaby (Arsenal), Alou Diarra (Bordeaux), Lassana Diarra (Real Madrid), Yoann Gourcuff (Bordeaux), Yann M'Vila (Rennes), Florent Malouda (Chelsea), Jeremy Toulalan (Lyon);

Nicolas Anelka (Chelsea), Hatem Ben Arfa (Marseille), Jimmy Briand (Rennes), Djibril Cisse (Panathinaikos), Andre-Pierre Gignac (Toulouse), Sidney Govou (Lyon), Thierry Henry (Barcelona), Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich), Mathieu Valbuena (Marseille).

Domenech is mental.

EDIT:

Squad: Cedric Carrasso (Bordeaux), Mickael Landreau (Lille), Hugo Lloris (Lyon), Steve Mandanda (Marseille);

Eric Abidal (Barcelona), Gael Clichy (Arsenal), Patrice Evra (Manchester United), Rod Fanni (Rennes), William Gallas (Arsenal), Marc Planus (Bordeaux), Adil Rami (Lille), Anthony Reveillere (Lyon), Bacary Sagna (Arsenal), Sebastien Squillaci (Sevilla);

Abou Diaby (Arsenal), Alou Diarra (Bordeaux), Lassana Diarra (Real Madrid), Yoann Gourcuff (Bordeaux), Yann M'Vila (Rennes), Florent Malouda (Chelsea), Jeremy Toulalan (Lyon);

Nicolas Anelka (Chelsea), Hatem Ben Arfa (Marseille), Jimmy Briand (Rennes), Djibril Cisse (Panathinaikos), Andre-Pierre Gignac (Toulouse), Sidney Govou (Lyon), Thierry Henry (Barcelona), Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich), Mathieu Valbuena (Marseille).

That is truly absurd. I can't believe Domenech is still in a job.

Edit: No Nasri either. What a shit selection.

Goalkeepers: Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax Amsterdam), Sander Boschker (Twente Enschede), Michel Vorm (Utrecht).

Defenders: Vurnon Anita (Ajax Amsterdam), Khalid Boulahrouz (VFB Stuttgart), Edson Braafheid (Celtic), Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Feyenoord), John Heitinga (Everton), Joris Mathijsen (Hamburg SV), Andre Ooijer (PSV Eindhoven), Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord), Gregory van der Wiel (Ajax Amsterdam).

Midfielders: Ibrahim Afellay (PSV Eindhoven), Otman Bakkal (PSV Eindhoven), Mark van Bommel (Bayern Munich), Wout Brama (Twente Enschede), Orlando Engelaar (PSV Eindhoven), Nigel de Jong (Manchester City), David Mendes da Silva (AZ Alkmaar), Stijn Schaars (AZ Alkmaar), Wesley Sneijder (Inter Milan), Rafael van der Vaart (Real Madrid), Demy de Zeeuw (Ajax Amsterdam).

Forwards: Ryan Babel (Liverpool), Eljero Elia (Hamburg SV), Klaas Jan Huntelaar (AC Milan), Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool), Jeremain Lens (AZ Alkmaar), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich).

I can't see Babel making it any further than this.

Heskey will play off Rooney as first choice pairing I suspect. Rooney likes playing with him, as do most of his partners down the years.

Yeah because Heskey, the massive shitbag, happily cowers in his partner's shadow leaving them to all the glory.

Back to Spain briefly -

Every member of their squad bar our players are domestic based. Says alot.

And 5 goalkeepers? Seriously? Why the fuck do they even need to name 3? Casillas and Pepe are both made of iron - and dont do injuries. Ever. There just playing with the emotions of the other 3. Must blow having such a wealth of talent between the sticks. And thats without mentioning the Arsenal goalkeeper who was being touted for England. He must be about 27th choice for Spain.

Guest PurpleNose
Back to Spain briefly -

Every member of their squad bar our players are domestic based. Says alot.

And 5 goalkeepers? Seriously? Why the fuck do they even need to name 3? Casillas and Pepe are both made of iron - and dont do injuries. Ever. There just playing with the emotions of the other 3. Must blow having such a wealth of talent between the sticks. And thats without mentioning the Arsenal goalkeeper who was being touted for England. He must be about 27th choice for Spain.

They've got the best league in the world, and the best national team.

Guest simon

Domenech is mental.

EDIT:

Atleatst he never forgot Gignac shame hell probs end up at City.

Guest ShoePiss
They've got the best league in the world, and the best national team.

Every player in the 30 man England squad plays in England.

Guest PurpleNose
Every player in the 30 man England squad plays in England.

We haven't got the best league in the world, or the best national team.

Guest simon
Gignac is fooking terrible. I was at the Qualifier at Croke Park and he was so shit its unbelieveable. He's class on FM though. Thats why Si likes him.

He been shite on every FM but this one. I have liked him since i lived in France one of the only 3 players from France i rated. Every one knows he is one of my favs in the world and i have always rated him.

Benzema has had a shit season, though. He's barely started games and has also been injured a few times. Cisse on the other hand has had a brilliant season and even though it's in Greece I can understand that Domenech wants a player who's in great form at the moment.

France got a relatively easy draw on paper until the quarter finals if they win their group (which they won't do btw) , but I can also see them being out of it early on if they lose against Uruguay in the first game.